From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Braverman channels Rivers of Blood
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 19:46:37 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 18:46 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66999209

<quotes>

In a hard-hitting Conservative conference speech, Suella Braverman, the home secretary said moving to a richer country had become a "realistic prospect" for "billions of people".

She also said a "hurricane" of migration is coming to the UK.

Two MPs from a different wing of the Tory party queried her comments, with one saying they weren't helpful.

Conservative MP, Alicia Kearns, said: "I recognise there are legitimate concerns but I think we have to be very careful we don't create a situation where we are either demonising minorities or those who are vulnerable."

The speech also saw Andrew Boff, a Conservative member of the London Assembly, kicked out of the conference hall for heckling her, after she described "gender ideology" as "poison".

Speaking to the BBC after being removed, Mr Boff, a patron of the LGBT+ Conservative group, called her comments "disgusting", adding he hoped they don't "become part of the rhetoric" in the run-up to the next general election.

</quote>

Kearns and Boff have perhaps not figured out that's exactly what Braverman is seeking to do as she rallies support from fascists and racists, within the party and amongst the electorate.

Re: Braverman channels Rivers of Blood

<3F3TM.79783$NSo2.59140@fx13.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11403&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11403

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: Braverman channels Rivers of Blood
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2023 01:58:23 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 01:58 UTC

On Tue, 03 Oct 2023 19:46:37 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66999209
>
> <quotes>
>
> In a hard-hitting Conservative conference speech, Suella Braverman, the
> home secretary said moving to a richer country had become a "realistic
> prospect" for "billions of people".
>
> She also said a "hurricane" of migration is coming to the UK.
>
> Two MPs from a different wing of the Tory party queried her comments,
> with one saying they weren't helpful.
>
> Conservative MP, Alicia Kearns, said: "I recognise there are legitimate
> concerns but I think we have to be very careful we don't create a
> situation where we are either demonising minorities or those who are
> vulnerable."
>
> The speech also saw Andrew Boff, a Conservative member of the London
> Assembly, kicked out of the conference hall for heckling her, after she
> described "gender ideology" as "poison".
>
> Speaking to the BBC after being removed, Mr Boff, a patron of the LGBT+
> Conservative group, called her comments "disgusting", adding he hoped
> they don't "become part of the rhetoric" in the run-up to the next
> general election.
>
> </quote>
>
> Kearns and Boff have perhaps not figured out that's exactly what
> Braverman is seeking to do as she rallies support from fascists and
> racists, within the party and amongst the electorate.

I wouldn't worry about it HH. If the Conservatives had any intention of
controllng migration they'd have done it the last time they said they were
going to. Their target is much more likely to be sick and low-skilled
people than immigrants. It'll be old people too if they can think of
cunning enough plan.