From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Hroza
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 01:04:53 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 7 Oct 2023 00:04 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67031817

<quotes>

The unusually large collection of vehicles and people tells you something significant has happened in the tiny village of Hroza.

As the odour of burning still taints the air, you turn a corner to find the remaining walls of what was once a cafe and grocery shop.

Blood stains are still visible in the soil.

Eerily, the swings and slide are still there. Symbols of innocence against a desperate backdrop.

</quotes>

I don't remember the BBC getting quite so emotional and evocative when we and our allies were murdering foeigners in the name of our War on Terror, when America was murdering civilians with Shock and Awe, were deliberately dropping bombs on entirely innocent people in restaurants, firing missiles into wedding receptions and villages, machine gunning farmers in their fields, while their mercenary armies were gunning down men, women and children in the street.

Of course we called ourselves the Good Guys which excuses everything. That allows us to murder with impunity, absolves us from following International Law, allows us to commit War Crimes.

And allows us to genuinely wonder why they hate us.