From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Years of misery to come
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 12:20:18 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 10 Oct 2023 11:20 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67056069

<quotes>

The UK faces another five years of high interest rates to stem rising prices, an influential global group has warned.

The International Monetary Fund expects the UK to have the highest inflation and slowest growth next year of any G7 economy including the US, France, Germany, Canada, Italy and Japan.

However, the Treasury said recent revisions to UK growth had not been factored in to the IMF's report.

</quotes>

It's not really surprising the IMF doesn't take wishful thinking into account.

Most of Britain's economic problems are driven by using high interest rates to counter inflation which is being caused by price gouging and greed rather than people having too much money.

It's a policy which is doomed to failure and will keep Britain suffering for years.

But it's the perfect policy for the tories to turn the UK into a third-world country as they want to do so it's not going away any time soon.