From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Saudis stand by Palestinians
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 14:52:03 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 10 Oct 2023 13:52 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-67050350

<quotes>

Saudi Arabia's de facto ruler - Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman - has said that his country will continue "to stand by the Palestinian people to achieve their legitimate rights to a decent life, achieve their hopes and aspirations, and achieve just and lasting peace"

In a statement released on Saturday after the Hamas attack, Saudi Arabia held Israel responsible for the escalation.

It said that it had issued "repeated warnings of the dangers of the explosion of the situation as a result of the continued occupation, and deprivation of the Palestinian people of their legitimate rights, and the repetition of systematic provocations against its sanctities".

</quotes>

It's going to create difficulties for America, and especially so if America backs Israel in this conflict.

Biden's hope to have Saudi Arabia normalise relations with Israel have presumably already been dashed but not everyone was convinced it would actually happen anyway.

Just as America's refusal to prevent Ukrainian oppression caused Russia to attack, America's refusal to prevent Israeli oppression has caused Palestinians to attack.

It's America's refusal to prevent oppression, America's support of evil, which lies at the heart of so many conflicts we have seen.

Re: Saudis stand by Palestinians

<6xBVM.550$oJ7b.375@fx03.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11546&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11546

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: Saudis stand by Palestinians
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 18:09:06 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 18:09 UTC

On Tue, 10 Oct 2023 14:52:03 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-67050350
>
> <quotes>
>
> Saudi Arabia's de facto ruler - Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman - has
> said that his country will continue "to stand by the Palestinian people
> to achieve their legitimate rights to a decent life, achieve their hopes
> and aspirations, and achieve just and lasting peace"
>
> In a statement released on Saturday after the Hamas attack, Saudi Arabia
> held Israel responsible for the escalation.
>
> It said that it had issued "repeated warnings of the dangers of the
> explosion of the situation as a result of the continued occupation, and
> deprivation of the Palestinian people of their legitimate rights, and
> the repetition of systematic provocations against its sanctities".
>
> </quotes>
>
> It's going to create difficulties for America, and especially so if
> America backs Israel in this conflict.
>
> Biden's hope to have Saudi Arabia normalise relations with Israel have
> presumably already been dashed but not everyone was convinced it would
> actually happen anyway.
>
> Just as America's refusal to prevent Ukrainian oppression caused Russia
> to attack, America's refusal to prevent Israeli oppression has caused
> Palestinians to attack.
>
> It's America's refusal to prevent oppression, America's support of evil,
> which lies at the heart of so many conflicts we have seen.

The Palestinians are more sure than ever to get nothing now. Israel is
not going to spend the rest of time trying to keep the Palestinians from
going banzai on them again especially not as a state that Israel has no
control over and that can form defence alliances with other nations.

The attack on Israel looks like an act of self-destruction but maybe we
haven't seen all the parts to this yet.