From: harrogate3@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom
Subject: Problem with texts and similar
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 19:39:40 +0100
 by: Woody - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 18:39 UTC

I run a Huawei P8Lite (2017) and am having trouble with texts and messages.

The hospital insists on sending appointment confirmations from a text
link. I open the text and it gives me a hyperlink to what they call
Patienthub - that of course opens in Google Chrome by default.

It asks me to to enter the mobile number on which I received the text
and my date of birth. It then sends me a once use six digit code by
means of a second text and I have 2½ minutes to complete the access
sequence.

This may sound daft, but how the h**l to I read the second text whilst
keeping the Patienthub access open?

TIA

Re: Problem with texts and similar

<kknbh7F454tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1202&group=uk.telecom#1202

From: mills37.fslife@gmail.com (Roger Mills)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom
Subject: Re: Problem with texts and similar
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 22:20:39 +0100
 by: Roger Mills - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 21:20 UTC

On 23/08/2023 19:39, Woody wrote:
> I run a Huawei P8Lite (2017) and am having trouble with texts and messages.
>
> The hospital insists on sending appointment confirmations from a text
> link. I open the text and it gives me a hyperlink to what they call
> Patienthub - that of course opens in Google Chrome by default.
>
> It asks me to to enter the mobile number on which I received the text
> and my date of birth. It then sends me a once use six digit code by
> means of a second text and I have 2½ minutes to complete the access
> sequence.
>
> This may sound daft, but how the h**l to I read the second text whilst
> keeping the Patienthub access open?
>
> TIA

When I'm at home, I pair my phone with my PC using messages.google.com
Texts then appear on the PC screen - from which it's much easier to
follow the sort of link to which you refer. The phone is then free to
see any code which is sent to it. [You can probably answer the questions
about phone# and DOB using the PC keyboard, too.]
--
Cheers,
Roger

Re: Problem with texts and similar

<uc5t85$33ho1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1203&group=uk.telecom#1203

From: g4ugm@dave.invalid (David Wade)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 22:21:09 +0100
 by: David Wade - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 21:21 UTC

On 23/08/2023 19:39, Woody wrote:
> I run a Huawei P8Lite (2017) and am having trouble with texts and messages.
>
> The hospital insists on sending appointment confirmations from a text
> link. I open the text and it gives me a hyperlink to what they call
> Patienthub - that of course opens in Google Chrome by default.
>
> It asks me to to enter the mobile number on which I received the text
> and my date of birth. It then sends me a once use six digit code by
> means of a second text and I have 2½ minutes to complete the access
> sequence.
>
> This may sound daft, but how the h**l to I read the second text whilst
> keeping the Patienthub access open?

I copy the link and e-mail it to my PC.

> TIA

Dave

Re: Problem with texts and similar

<uc6hp7$3acmb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1204&group=uk.telecom#1204

From: tnp@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 04:11:35 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 03:11 UTC

On 23/08/2023 19:39, Woody wrote:
> I run a Huawei P8Lite (2017) and am having trouble with texts and messages.
>
> The hospital insists on sending appointment confirmations from a text
> link. I open the text and it gives me a hyperlink to what they call
> Patienthub - that of course opens in Google Chrome by default.
>
> It asks me to to enter the mobile number on which I received the text
> and my date of birth. It then sends me a once use six digit code by
> means of a second text and I have 2½ minutes to complete the access
> sequence.
>
> This may sound daft, but how the h**l to I read the second text whilst
> keeping the Patienthub access open?

I use a desktop computer to do the web access

BUT If its android you can read the text by swiping down on the screen top

--
“The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools.”

Herbert Spencer

Re: Problem with texts and similar

<uc9vi6$3vn2d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1206&group=uk.telecom#1206

From: see.my.signature@nowhere.null (John Rumm)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 11:25:08 +0100
 by: John Rumm - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 10:25 UTC

On 23/08/2023 19:39, Woody wrote:
> I run a Huawei P8Lite (2017) and am having trouble with texts and messages.
>
> The hospital insists on sending appointment confirmations from a text
> link. I open the text and it gives me a hyperlink to what they call
> Patienthub - that of course opens in Google Chrome by default.
>
> It asks me to to enter the mobile number on which I received the text
> and my date of birth. It then sends me a once use six digit code by
> means of a second text and I have 2½ minutes to complete the access
> sequence.
>
> This may sound daft, but how the h**l to I read the second text whilst
> keeping the Patienthub access open?

If you switch away from Chrome, to the text app, you can copy the code
(long touch on the code, then "Copy"). Now switchback to Chrome using
the switch app virtual button[1], and past the code in.

[1] You normally have three buttons at the base of the screen, one is
the "home" button, one is "back", and the other is the app switch button
that will bring up a list of open windows, and let you select the one
you want to go back to.

--
Cheers,

John.