From: nigel_paice@sky.com (Nigel Paice)
Newsgroups: uk.sci.weather
Subject: Re: annoying.
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 16:11:39 +0100
 by: Nigel Paice - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 15:11 UTC

On 03/10/2023 05:53, Paul from Llanmaes wrote:
> The group has been been spammed. And it's not by deniers, this time. Are we just stuck with this until the bot fizzles out?

Annoying as you state. Thanks for mentioning the problem as I thought
it was just me.

Nigel

Re: annoying.

<WZGMeLBNcDHlFwlf@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12111&group=uk.sci.weather#12111

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sci.weather
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 16:45:17 +0100
 by: John Hall - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 15:45 UTC

In message <ko2p99FillfU1@mid.individual.net>, Nigel Paice
<nigel_paice@sky.com> writes
>On 03/10/2023 05:53, Paul from Llanmaes wrote:
>> The group has been been spammed. And it's not by deniers, this time.
>>Are we just stuck with this until the bot fizzles out?
>
>Annoying as you state. Thanks for mentioning the problem as I thought
>it was just me.
>
>Nigel

Me too. uk.sport.cricket has also been suffering. If you have a
newsreader that offers killfiling facilities and allows so-called
"regular expressions", then the custom reject rule

/^Content\-Transfer\-Encoding..base64$/h

should get rid of any future instances without causing any collateral
damage.
--
John Hall "[It was] so steep that at intervals the street broke into steps,
like a person breaking into giggles or hiccups, and then resumed