From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Johnson: Let them die
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 19:31:22 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 19:31 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67278517

<quotes>

Boris Johnson agreed with some Conservative MPs who thought Covid was "nature's way of dealing with old people", the Covid inquiry was told.

In August 2020, Sir Patrick wrote that Mr Johnson was "obsessed with older people accepting their fate and letting the young get on with life and the economy going".

Another note from December says Mr Johnson agreed with the Conservative Party's chief whip when he said "we should let the old people get it and protect others".

Brenda Doherty, spokesperson for Covid-19 Bereaved Families for Justice UK, said reading Mr Johnson's messages felt like being "punched in the stomach".

"During the first and second waves of the pandemic the UK had one of the highest death tolls per person in the world from Covid-19 and it's clear just how personally responsible for that he was".

</quotes>

Nothing we hadn't worked out for ourselves but it is good to have it confirmed by those who were there.