The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness. -- John Muir

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Israel becoming a pariah state

SubjectAuthor
* Israel becoming a pariah stateThe Happy Hippy
+- Israel becoming a pariah stateJeSSe
+* Israel becoming a pariah stateTWP
|`* Israel becoming a pariah stateThe Happy Hippy
| `- Israel becoming a pariah stateLoose Cannon
`- Israel becoming a pariah stateLoose Cannon

1
Israel becoming a pariah state

<20231101155831.00001d7b@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12249&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#12249

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Israel becoming a pariah state
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 15:58:31 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 15:58 UTC

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/31/bolivia-israel-hamas-gaza-war-crime

<quotes>

A number of South American countries have registered diplomatic protests against Israel, in response to its latest conflict with Hamas, with Bolivia’s leftwing government cutting ties entirely and attributing its decision to alleged war crimes and human rights abuses being committed in the Gaza Strip.

Hours later, the governments of Chile and Colombia recalled their ambassadors from Israel, while Brazil’s president criticised the continued airstrikes on Gaza.

Bolivia’s deputy foreign minister, Freddy Mamani Machaca, said the decision represented “a repudiation and condemnation of the aggressive and disproportionate Israeli military offensive in the Gaza Strip and its threat to international peace and security”.

The move came after the former president Evo Morales called for his country to sever ties with Israel because of the “horrific situation facing the Palestinian people”. Earlier this month, Morales demanded Israel be classified as a “terrorist state” and for the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, and “his accomplices” be denounced to the international criminal court for genocide and war crimes.

Colombia’s leftwing president, Gustavo Petro, said on Tuesday he had recalled his ambassador over Israel’s “massacre of the Palestinian people”.

Petro recently likened Israel’s actions to those of Adolf Hitler’s Nazis, drawing a rebuke from Israel’s foreign ministry, which accused him of putting Jewish lives in danger and encouraging “the horrific acts of Hamas terrorists” with his “hostile and antisemitic statements”.

Chile’s president, Gabriel Boric, also announced he had recalled his country’s ambassador in Tel Aviv to discuss the “unacceptable violations of international humanitarian law” he said Israel was committing in Gaza.

Boric said the more than 8,000 civilian victims of Israel’s offensive – many of them them women and children – demonstrated that the military operation represented the “collective punishment of the Palestinian civilian population in Gaza”.

The Brazilian president, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, last week criticised what he called “the insanity of the prime minister of Israel [in] wanting to destroy the Gaza Strip but forgetting that there aren’t just Hamas soldiers there but also women and children who are the big victims of this war”.

“Just because Hamas committed a terrorist act against Israel, it doesn’t mean Israel has to kill millions of innocent people,” Lula added in another interview.

</quotes>

It's a simple question really; do you support Israel's evil, her war cimes, her murdering, or not.

Re: Israel becoming a pariah state

<KTu0N.145738$tnmf.22177@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12250&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#12250

Subject: Re: Israel becoming a pariah state
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 12:18:49 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 16:18 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:

> Colombia’s leftwing president

Nuff said

> “Just because Hamas committed a terrorist act against Israel, it doesn’t mean Israel has to kill millions of innocent people,” Lula added in another interview.

Talk about a classic strawman ,, At least he mentioned the hamas
bloodbath of innocent jews in passing, more than can be said about most
wingnuts who think its racist to even mention it. But he mentioned it
only as a prelude to a ridiculous lie - You should be embarrassed to
post such utter trash.

> </quotes>
>
> It's a simple question really; do you support Israel's evil, her war cimes, her murdering, or not.

No, I don't support Israel killing millions of innocent people - But
then again, millions of innocent people were not killed, so there is
that ,,,

Re: Israel becoming a pariah state

<Oev0N.66374$U4F3.3068@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12252&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#12252

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 16:43:26 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 16:43 UTC

On Wed, 01 Nov 2023 15:58:31 +0000, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/31/bolivia-israel-hamas-gaza-
war-crime

> <quotes>
>
> A number of South American countries have registered diplomatic protests
> against Israel, in response to its latest conflict with Hamas, with
> Bolivia’s leftwing government cutting ties entirely and attributing its
> decision to alleged war crimes and human rights abuses being committed
> in the Gaza Strip.
>
> Hours later, the governments of Chile and Colombia recalled their
> ambassadors from Israel, while Brazil’s president criticised the
> continued airstrikes on Gaza.
>
> Bolivia’s deputy foreign minister, Freddy Mamani Machaca, said the
> decision represented “a repudiation and condemnation of the aggressive
> and disproportionate Israeli military offensive in the Gaza Strip and
> its threat to international peace and security”.
>
> The move came after the former president Evo Morales called for his
> country to sever ties with Israel because of the “horrific situation
> facing the Palestinian people”. Earlier this month, Morales demanded
> Israel be classified as a “terrorist state” and for the Israeli prime
> minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, and “his accomplices” be denounced to the
> international criminal court for genocide and war crimes.
>
> Colombia’s leftwing president, Gustavo Petro, said on Tuesday he had
> recalled his ambassador over Israel’s “massacre of the Palestinian
> people”.
>
> Petro recently likened Israel’s actions to those of Adolf Hitler’s
> Nazis, drawing a rebuke from Israel’s foreign ministry, which accused
> him of putting Jewish lives in danger and encouraging “the horrific acts
> of Hamas terrorists” with his “hostile and antisemitic statements”.
>
> Chile’s president, Gabriel Boric, also announced he had recalled his
> country’s ambassador in Tel Aviv to discuss the “unacceptable violations
> of international humanitarian law” he said Israel was committing in
> Gaza.
>
> Boric said the more than 8,000 civilian victims of Israel’s offensive –
> many of them them women and children – demonstrated that the military
> operation represented the “collective punishment of the Palestinian
> civilian population in Gaza”.
>
> The Brazilian president, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, last week criticised
> what he called “the insanity of the prime minister of Israel [in]
> wanting to destroy the Gaza Strip but forgetting that there aren’t just
> Hamas soldiers there but also women and children who are the big victims
> of this war”.
>
> “Just because Hamas committed a terrorist act against Israel, it doesn’t
> mean Israel has to kill millions of innocent people,” Lula added in
> another interview.
>
> </quotes>
>
> It's a simple question really; do you support Israel's evil, her war
> cimes, her murdering, or not.

Did you see the Israeli ambassador to the UN wearing a yellow star?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/israels-ambassador-to-the-un-wears-
nazi-era-yellow-star/ss-AA1j90ZQ

They gave themselves away a few days ago though. The cutting off of fuel
supplies to Gaza was supposedly so that Hamas couldn't use it, but when
the UN complained they sent the message: "[UNITED NATIONS, Oct 24
(Reuters)] Israel's military suggested on Tuesday that the United Nations
ask Hamas for fuel supplies after the U.N. agency providing aid to
Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip warned it would have to halt
operations on Wednesday night if no fuel was delivered."

"The agency, known as UNRWA, posted its warning on social media on
Tuesday. The Israel Defense Forces reposted it and said that Hamas
militants have more than 500,000 litres of fuel in tanks inside besieged
Gaza."

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/un-says-no-aid-trucks-enter-gaza-
tuesday-2023-10-24/

If Israel truly believe that Hamas has 500,000 litres of fuel then cutting
the fuel off from Gaza isn't really aimed at cutting off Hamas - certainly
in the immediate future. I'm not sure how long that would last but I bet
Hamas could stretch it out for a while. If it really is aimed at cutting
off Hamas they have to know that there'll be dead people everywhere in
Gaza before Hamas even begins to notice.

Re: Israel becoming a pariah state

<uhu15o$fq9$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12255&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#12255

From: efbregg73@gmx-xx.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 17:16:40 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (??? The Reverend)
 by: Loose Cannon - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 17:16 UTC

In article <20231101155831.00001d7b@ntlworld.invalid>,
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> A number of South American countries

Who gives a shit?

> It's a simple question really;

Are you a nazoid piglet? Yes, you are, and it's quite simple, really.

From a post by "Happy Hippy":

<quote>

I can slaughter Jews if you want, and I can do it far nearer to home. I can
deliver you a veritable bloodbath of dead Jews if you want; men, women and
children,. Even their pets too, if that's what you want. How about we start
with your wife ?

Or maybe you are hoping that Israel will be your proxy killing machine ?

Well fuck you George. I know you are sick in mind and body and maybe that's
because the God you don't believe in has chosen to lay you low like the
worthless piece of shit you are. You want to see blood flowing ? That can be
arranged. Maybe I should come round and wipe the whole sickening stain of
the Yates family away, and show you and your Zionist war-mongering buddies
exactly what this death and destruction you are cheer-leading for really
means ? What do you think Ron ?

</quote>

Re: Israel becoming a pariah state

<20231101172531.00007301@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12257&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#12257

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 17:25:31 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 17:25 UTC

On Wed, 01 Nov 2023 16:43:26 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
> would have to halt operations on Wednesday night if no fuel was
> delivered."
>
> "The agency, known as UNRWA, posted its warning on social media on
> Tuesday. The Israel Defense Forces reposted it and said that Hamas
> militants have more than 500,000 litres of fuel in tanks inside
> besieged Gaza."
>
> https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/un-says-no-aid-trucks-enter-gaza-
> tuesday-2023-10-24/
>
> If Israel truly believe that Hamas has 500,000 litres of fuel then
> cutting the fuel off from Gaza isn't really aimed at cutting off
> Hamas - certainly in the immediate future. I'm not sure how long
> that would last but I bet Hamas could stretch it out for a while. If
> it really is aimed at cutting off Hamas they have to know that
> there'll be dead people everywhere in Gaza before Hamas even begins

It simply highlights to me that Israel wants to hurt Palestinians despite it having no negative effect on Hamas. It's punishing the innocent for the crimes of the guilty. There's no moral justification for that. It's collective punishment.

If it's meant to show 'how sick and evil Hamas are, living in luxury, eating hearty meals and driving around in sports cars, while their people die in the gutters, it's a pretty sick and twisted way to do it.

And as for Israel's propaganda stunts, the Star of David and labelling everyone who doesn't agree with what they are doing as terrorists and Nazis is disgusting behaviour, as is rejecting accepted Rules of War simply because what they are doing is counter to them.

But there's no other tactic when it comes to trying to get people to defend the indefensible. Their only option is to try and make it the ultimate 'good versus evil' war.

As Jesse frequently reminds us - Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

We can decide for ourselves who is evil and who is good, and there is no reason both can't be deemed evil. That is what Israel is trying to avoid people concluding.

Re: Israel becoming a pariah state

<uhu2q5$fq9$3@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12259&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#12259

From: efbregg73@gmx-xx.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 17:44:37 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (??? The Reverend)
 by: Loose Cannon - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 17:44 UTC

In article <20231101172531.00007301@ntlworld.invalid>,
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> It simply highlights to me that Israel wants to hurt Palestinians

[sigh]

Report on Hamas' use of human shields in Gaza
https://stratcomcoe.org/cuploads/pfiles/hamas_human_shields.pdf

By engaging in these acts, Hamas employs a win-win scenario: if indeed the IDF
uses kinetic power, and the number of civilian causalities surges, Hamas can
use that as a weapon in the lawfare it conducts. It would be able to accuse
the IDF (and Israel) of committing war crimes, which in turn could result in
the imposition of a wide array of sanctions. On the other hand, if the IDF limits
its use of military power in Gaza to avoid collateral damage, Hamas will be less
vulnerable to Israeli attacks, and thereby able to protect its assets while
continuing to fight.

British Army Colonel Richard Kemp, on Hamas' military tactics
"However, Hamas -- the enemy that they are fighting -- has been
trained extensively by Iran and by Hezbollah to fight among the
people, to use the civilian population in Gaza as a human shield;
and they factor -- they, Hamas factor in the usage of the civilian
population as a major part of their defensive plan. So even though,
as I say, Israel, the IDF is taking enormous steps -- and I could
tell you about some of those if you're interested -- to reduce
these civilian casualties it's impossible, it's impossible to stop
that happening when the enemy is using them as a shield."