From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Give me covid or give me death
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 21:44:03 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 21:44 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67347456

<quotes>

Boris Johnson "wanted to be injected with Covid-19 on television" to calm public fears, an ex-aide has said.

The claim - by Lord Lister, a long-time ally of Mr Johnson - came in a witness statement to the Covid inquiry.

He also confirmed his former boss had said letting "the bodies pile high" was preferable to another lockdown.

Last week, Helen MacNamara, a senior civil servant during the Covid pandemic, said there had been a "macho" culture and that a "toxic" environment had affected decision-making.

</quotes>