From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Eat out to spread it about
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 21:54:51 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 21:54 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67347456

<quotes>

The Covid inquiry had seen further extracts from a diary written in October 2020 by the government's then chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance.

The note says Mr Johnson and Rishi Sunak, who was chancellor at the time, were both "clutching at straws" while trying to argue against a second lockdown in October 2020.

Sir Patrick says Mr Sunak was using "increasingly specific and spurious arguments against closing hospitality".

Simon Ridley, former Head of the Cabinet Office Covid taskforce admitted the taskforce was not asked about the Eat Out To Help Out scheme introduced by Mr Sunak in summer 2020.

Asked whether his team had been "completely blindsided by the Treasury", Mr. Ridley responded, "correct."

</quotes>

We will never know how many who were suckered Sunak's scheme, and those they infected, paid with their lives.

This was a government which put profit before people and has blood on its hands.

Even today Sunak is more concerned about relations with Israel than her murder of thousands of innocent people.

Re: Eat out to spread it about

<94V2N.10$bGkf.4@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12357&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#12357

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: Eat out to spread it about
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 23:45:09 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 23:45 UTC

On Tue, 07 Nov 2023 21:54:51 +0000, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67347456
>
> <quotes>
>
> The Covid inquiry had seen further extracts from a diary written in
> October 2020 by the government's then chief scientific adviser Sir
> Patrick Vallance.
>
> The note says Mr Johnson and Rishi Sunak, who was chancellor at the
> time, were both "clutching at straws" while trying to argue against a
> second lockdown in October 2020.
>
> Sir Patrick says Mr Sunak was using "increasingly specific and spurious
> arguments against closing hospitality".
>
> Simon Ridley, former Head of the Cabinet Office Covid taskforce admitted
> the taskforce was not asked about the Eat Out To Help Out scheme
> introduced by Mr Sunak in summer 2020.
>
> Asked whether his team had been "completely blindsided by the Treasury",
> Mr. Ridley responded, "correct."
>
> </quotes>
>
> We will never know how many who were suckered Sunak's scheme, and those
> they infected, paid with their lives.
>
> This was a government which put profit before people and has blood on
> its hands.
>
> Even today Sunak is more concerned about relations with Israel than her
> murder of thousands of innocent people.

The virus gradually reduced in lethality as different strains that spread
more easily without killing off the host became fashionable. Maybe the
response needed to fit more closely with the risk. We couldn't be on
lockdown forever.

Re: Eat out to spread it about

<20231109182213.00006c87@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12379&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#12379

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 18:22:13 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 18:22 UTC

On Wed, 08 Nov 2023 23:45:09 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The virus gradually reduced in lethality as different strains that
> spread more easily without killing off the host became fashionable.
> Maybe the response needed to fit more closely with the risk.

The problem was that the science said differently, that all this 'getting less lethal' was propaganda bollocks, lies and wishful thinking from those who were ideologically opposed to lockdowns.

And that was proven to be the case when we were forced into another lockdown just weeks later as thousands more died and hospitals faced being overwhelmed again.

> We couldn't be on lockdown forever.

No, but coming out of lockdown prematurely caused tens of thousands of unnecessary and avoidable deaths and Sunak was complicit in that, made things far worse than they had to be.

Since those pushing for ending lockdowns made their claim that it was safe to do so, since Johnson declared he would let bodies pile high in the streets rather than endure another lockdown, over 100,000 people have died of covid, almost half the number killed in total.

Johnson's legacy is having one of the highest death rates for covid in the world. Those who enacted proper lockdowns and didn't come out of lockdown until it was safe to do so are faring much better than we are.