From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Met police reject government fascism
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 15:17:06 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 15:17 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67355227

<quotes>

Rishi Sunak has said he will hold the Met Police chief "accountable" over a pro-Palestinian march set to take place on Armistice Day.

"More broadly, my view is that these marches are disrespectful and that's what I'll be discussing with the police commissioner later today," he added.

</quotes>

Hopefully Sir Mark, having loudly stated he won't bow to political pressure from the government, having rejected the ludicrous calls to ban protestors calling for an end to violence and the murder of innocent people, will tell Sunak that it's not the police's job to criminalise "disrespect".

And maybe he'll ask how calling for an end to violence and the murder of innocent people can even be considered "disrespectful", how, and to whom ?

I presume the Army has told tory MP's and others calling for them to take to the streets against the protests the same thing.

It has come to something when the police and army are defending people's rights to peacefully protest against tory scum who want to deny them that right.

Perhaps they could remind Sunak and his tory scum pals that they have more criminal convictions than those they are trying to silence and have killed far more people than any of the protestors have.