From: davey@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: OT: DHL delivery
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 09:11:43 +0000
 by: Davey - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 09:11 UTC

Yesterday, I was expecting a delivery via DHL. The DHL website told
me, at 2 pm, that delivery would be between 18:26 and 19:26, and that a
signature would be required. That gave me plenty of time to do some
shopping, and I returned to the house at 17:17 (Pointless had just
started).
And the package was on the floor, having been delivered through the
letter box.

1. How did they get the projected delivery time so wrong?
2. What happened to the Signature requirement?

I am glad that it was delivered, but really, what a shambles.

--
Davey.

Re: OT: DHL delivery

<upvlq9$1cpp5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124132&group=uk.d-i-y#124132

From: wasbit@nowhere.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: OT: DHL delivery
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 10:25:12 +0000
 by: wasbit - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 10:25 UTC

On 07/02/2024 09:11, Davey wrote:
> Yesterday, I was expecting a delivery via DHL. The DHL website told
> me, at 2 pm, that delivery would be between 18:26 and 19:26, and that a
> signature would be required. That gave me plenty of time to do some
> shopping, and I returned to the house at 17:17 (Pointless had just
> started).
> And the package was on the floor, having been delivered through the
> letter box.
>
> 1. How did they get the projected delivery time so wrong?
> 2. What happened to the Signature requirement?
>
> I am glad that it was delivered, but really, what a shambles.

I ordered an item from an Amazon supplier, not sent by Amazon, last
Thursday with next day delivery. In the early hours of Friday it reached
the local DPD depot in Gloucester where it got lost.
Messaged the supplier early Saturday but they only work office hours
Mon-Fri.
It was delivered Sunday afternoon.
It was less hassle to accept the delivery rather than source another
from elsewhere.

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: OT: DHL delivery

<d997sip16hjfo3gng9ura4isurltpjk6e7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124148&group=uk.d-i-y#124148

From: peter@parksidewood.nospam (Peter Johnson)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 15:48:12 +0000
 by: Peter Johnson - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 15:48 UTC

On Wed, 7 Feb 2024 09:11:43 +0000, Davey <davey@example.invalid>
wrote:

>Yesterday, I was expecting a delivery via DHL. The DHL website told
>me, at 2 pm, that delivery would be between 18:26 and 19:26, and that a
>signature would be required. That gave me plenty of time to do some
>shopping, and I returned to the house at 17:17 (Pointless had just
>started).
>And the package was on the floor, having been delivered through the
>letter box.
>
>1. How did they get the projected delivery time so wrong?
Some deliveries were cancelled? Some deliveries were taken off one van
and put on another with a shorter run? Less traffic than expected? Who
knows?

>2. What happened to the Signature requirement?

How often have you been asked for a signature since Covid? Even if
you'd been there you probably wouldn't have been asked for one,
especially if the driver took a photograph.

Re: OT: DHL delivery

<l2i1isFc3lsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124156&group=uk.d-i-y#124156

From: firstname@lastname.oc.ku (S Viemeister)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 18:48:03 +0000
 by: S Viemeister - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 18:48 UTC

On 07/02/2024 15:48, Peter Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2024 09:11:43 +0000, Davey <davey@example.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Yesterday, I was expecting a delivery via DHL. The DHL website told
>> me, at 2 pm, that delivery would be between 18:26 and 19:26, and that a
>> signature would be required. That gave me plenty of time to do some
>> shopping, and I returned to the house at 17:17 (Pointless had just
>> started).
>> And the package was on the floor, having been delivered through the
>> letter box.
>>
>> 1. How did they get the projected delivery time so wrong?
> Some deliveries were cancelled? Some deliveries were taken off one van
> and put on another with a shorter run? Less traffic than expected? Who
> knows?
>
>> 2. What happened to the Signature requirement?
>>
> How often have you been asked for a signature since Covid? Even if
> you'd been there you probably wouldn't have been asked for one,
> especially if the driver took a photograph.

I can only remember one, since covid - special delivery on a replacement
passport. Lots of photos, though.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / OT: DHL delivery