From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Sinn Fein pushes for a united Ireland
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 08:20:03 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 08:20 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-67384917

<quotes>

The Irish government must plan for "democratic constitutional change" by creating a Citizens' Assembly on Irish unity, Sinn Fein's leader has said.

Mary Lou McDonald said she wanted to see "orange and green reconciled" in a new Ireland.

Sinn Fein is the biggest party in Northern Ireland but has been frozen out of power at Stormont due to the collapse of the executive.

Its popularity has grown in the Republic of Ireland where it aims for a place in government for the first time.

"We're on our marks for a general election, local and European elections in June," said Ms McDonald.

Sinn Fein vice-president Michelle O'Neill said the Northern Ireland "of today is not that of yesterday".

"Together we must unite and fight the corner of every citizen, to ensure public services are financed with a needs-based funding model," she added.

</quotes>

And they might just win against the backdrop of the DUP bringing the country to its knees, holding Northern Ireland hostage to her zealotry of right-wing political dogma.

Northern Ireland voted 56% to remain in the EU and most are pretty fed-up with DUP shenanigans and their dinosaur politics.