From: roland@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: RAC - chocolate teapot
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 15:52:47 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 15:52 UTC

I have the highest rank of cover with RAC breakdown assistance.

Used their website (which their phoneline insists is the best way)
mid-morning Monday to ask them to attend.

Got an email saying "by 4pm". Then it got flipped to 2pm. The customer
is trapped because they say they'll give 15minutes warning of arrival,
and if you aren't with the vehicle by 5 minutes after that, they'll
cancel the job.

Phoned them at 5pm to tell them that the promised SMS updates weren't
arriving, and asking when their next slot might be (later that evening
perhaps?). They didn't know.

But they phoned back at 8pm to say "by Noon Tuesday". They missed that
too so I phoned again at noon and they said "by 2pm". They missed that
too.

Phoned again just now and they said "by 6pm", but as you can probably
tell, I'm not entirely confident I can believe a word they say.
--
Roland Perry

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / RAC - chocolate teapot