"I DO want your money, because god wants your money!" -- The Reverend Jimmy, from _Repo_Man_

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: OT: Chat with British Gas

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Chat with British GasDavey
+* Re: OT: Chat with British GasJeff Gaines
|`* Re: OT: Chat with British GasDavey
| +* Re: OT: Chat with British Gasnib
| |+- Re: OT: Chat with British GasSam Plusnet
| |`- Re: OT: Chat with British GasDavey
| `* Re: OT: Chat with British GasDavid Wade
|  +- Re: OT: Chat with British GasHarry Bloomfield Esq
|  `- Re: OT: Chat with British GasMichael Chare
`* Re: OT: Chat with British GasMax Demian
 `* Re: OT: Chat with British GasSam Plusnet
  `- Re: OT: Chat with British GasMax Demian

1
OT: Chat with British Gas

<ursa4c$168pj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=125776&group=uk.d-i-y#125776

From: davey@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: OT: Chat with British Gas
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 10:19:56 +0000
 by: Davey - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 10:19 UTC

I am trying to see what they offer in terms of different tariffs, per
their invitation, but I always get a screen saying that 'there are
technical problems'. This has been going on for over a week.
Just now, I contacted Chat, and asked to talk to an agent. I am 260th
in line (not in the queue, but in line).

Oh dear. I bet I would not be 260th if I wished to pay them money.

--
Davey

Re: OT: Chat with British Gas

<xn0oiszfu4bbicc00i@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=125778&group=uk.d-i-y#125778

From: jgnewsid@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: OT: Chat with British Gas
Date: 1 Mar 2024 10:35:24 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 10:35 UTC

On 01/03/2024 in message <ursa4c$168pj$1@dont-email.me> Davey wrote:

>I am trying to see what they offer in terms of different tariffs, per
>their invitation, but I always get a screen saying that 'there are
>technical problems'. This has been going on for over a week.
>Just now, I contacted Chat, and asked to talk to an agent. I am 260th
>in line (not in the queue, but in line).
>
>Oh dear. I bet I would not be 260th if I wished to pay them money.

Do they have a different 'phone number for people thinking of leaving?
That normally gets answered quickly.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.

Re: OT: Chat with British Gas

<ursc2p$16mbu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=125780&group=uk.d-i-y#125780

From: davey@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 10:53:13 +0000
 by: Davey - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 10:53 UTC

On 1 Mar 2024 10:35:24 GMT
"Jeff Gaines" <jgnewsid@outlook.com> wrote:

> On 01/03/2024 in message <ursa4c$168pj$1@dont-email.me> Davey wrote:
>
> >I am trying to see what they offer in terms of different tariffs, per
> >their invitation, but I always get a screen saying that 'there are
> >technical problems'. This has been going on for over a week.
> >Just now, I contacted Chat, and asked to talk to an agent. I am 260th
> >in line (not in the queue, but in line).
> >
> >Oh dear. I bet I would not be 260th if I wished to pay them money.
>
> Do they have a different 'phone number for people thinking of
> leaving? That normally gets answered quickly.

Probably, but I wasn't thinking of leaving. In fact, I was online with
an agent in 9 minutes, so it wasn't too bad. I've been on telephone hold
for longer than that.

--
Davey.

Re: OT: Chat with British Gas

<l4drk3Fmmg3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=125783&group=uk.d-i-y#125783

From: news@caffnib.co.uk (nib)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 11:14:11 +0000
 by: nib - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 11:14 UTC

On 2024-03-01 10:53, Davey wrote:
> On 1 Mar 2024 10:35:24 GMT
> "Jeff Gaines" <jgnewsid@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>> On 01/03/2024 in message <ursa4c$168pj$1@dont-email.me> Davey wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to see what they offer in terms of different tariffs, per
>>> their invitation, but I always get a screen saying that 'there are
>>> technical problems'. This has been going on for over a week.
>>> Just now, I contacted Chat, and asked to talk to an agent. I am 260th
>>> in line (not in the queue, but in line).
>>>
>>> Oh dear. I bet I would not be 260th if I wished to pay them money.
>>
>> Do they have a different 'phone number for people thinking of
>> leaving? That normally gets answered quickly.
>>

> Probably, but I wasn't thinking of leaving. In fact, I was online with
> an agent in 9 minutes, so it wasn't too bad. I've been on telephone hold
> for longer than that.

How long did you have to wait for each response to your input?

Last time I did this I was waiting up to 2 mins each time!

nib

Re: OT: Chat with British Gas

<ursgh0$14tbo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=125785&group=uk.d-i-y#125785

From: g4ugm@dave.invalid (David Wade)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 12:09:04 +0000
 by: David Wade - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 12:09 UTC

On 01/03/2024 10:53, Davey wrote:
> On 1 Mar 2024 10:35:24 GMT
> "Jeff Gaines" <jgnewsid@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>> On 01/03/2024 in message <ursa4c$168pj$1@dont-email.me> Davey wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to see what they offer in terms of different tariffs, per
>>> their invitation, but I always get a screen saying that 'there are
>>> technical problems'. This has been going on for over a week.
>>> Just now, I contacted Chat, and asked to talk to an agent. I am 260th
>>> in line (not in the queue, but in line).
>>>
>>> Oh dear. I bet I would not be 260th if I wished to pay them money.
>>
>> Do they have a different 'phone number for people thinking of
>> leaving? That normally gets answered quickly.
>>

> Probably, but I wasn't thinking of leaving. In fact, I was online with
> an agent in 9 minutes, so it wasn't too bad. I've been on telephone hold
> for longer than that.

Why do you stay if service is so bad? I really wonder why people are so
attracted to them when they were one of the main offenders in ripping
off loyal customers....

I'm currently on eon.next's guarantee to be below the price cap tariff.
Handy list of tariffs here.. (you need to re-join the uRL)

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/-are-there-any-cheap--fixed-energy-deals-currently-worth-it--/

BG isn't terrible, but I avoid them like the plague...

Dave

Re: OT: Chat with British Gas

<TppEN.15480$Mbc3.2871@fx08.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=125816&group=uk.d-i-y#125816

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 18:48:20 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 18:48 UTC

On 01-Mar-24 11:14, nib wrote:
> On 2024-03-01 10:53, Davey wrote:
>> On 1 Mar 2024 10:35:24 GMT

>>> Do they have a different 'phone number for people thinking of
>>> leaving? That normally gets answered quickly.
>>>

>> Probably, but I wasn't thinking of leaving. In fact, I was online with
>> an agent in 9 minutes, so it wasn't too bad. I've been on telephone hold
>> for longer than that.
>>

> How long did you have to wait for each response to your input?
>
> Last time I did this I was waiting up to 2 mins each time!

I wonder how many 'customers' the 'agent' is handling at one time?
Sometimes it feels like I have joined a very large poker game, and I
have to wait ages for the dealer to chuck cards in my direction.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: OT: Chat with British Gas

<urtlop$1fomm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=125826&group=uk.d-i-y#125826

From: davey@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 22:44:39 +0000
 by: Davey - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 22:44 UTC

On Fri, 1 Mar 2024 11:14:11 +0000
nib <news@caffnib.co.uk> wrote:

> On 2024-03-01 10:53, Davey wrote:
> > On 1 Mar 2024 10:35:24 GMT
> > "Jeff Gaines" <jgnewsid@outlook.com> wrote:

> >> Do they have a different 'phone number for people thinking of
> >> leaving? That normally gets answered quickly.
> >>

> > Probably, but I wasn't thinking of leaving. In fact, I was online
> > with an agent in 9 minutes, so it wasn't too bad. I've been on
> > telephone hold for longer than that.
> >

> How long did you have to wait for each response to your input?
>
> Last time I did this I was waiting up to 2 mins each time!
>
> nib

The responses were as fast as I would expect, so I have no complaint
on that score. In fact, once the human came on line, the service was
good.

--
Davey.

Re: OT: Chat with British Gas

<uruobp$1pc10$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=125837&group=uk.d-i-y#125837

From: a@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 08:35:06 +0000
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 08:35 UTC

On 01/03/2024 12:09, David Wade wrote:
> BG isn't terrible, but I avoid them like the plague...

Be honest - they are terrible. Incompetent, expensive, they care about
profits not customers.

Re: OT: Chat with British Gas

<urv3gq$1rkbf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=125857&group=uk.d-i-y#125857

From: max_demian@bigfoot.com (Max Demian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 11:45:31 +0000
 by: Max Demian - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 11:45 UTC

On 01/03/2024 10:19, Davey wrote:

> I am trying to see what they offer in terms of different tariffs, per
> their invitation, but I always get a screen saying that 'there are
> technical problems'. This has been going on for over a week.
> Just now, I contacted Chat, and asked to talk to an agent. I am 260th
> in line (not in the queue, but in line).

A little while ago a nice chat agent immediately gave me their bank
details so I could pay my bill via online banking, a facility which
their phone line said was "impossible".

--
Max Demian

Re: OT: Chat with British Gas

<us08d5$23cgn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=125966&group=uk.d-i-y#125966

From: mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorg.uk (Michael Chare)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 22:15:00 +0000
 by: Michael Chare - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 22:15 UTC

On 01/03/2024 12:09, David Wade wrote:
> On 01/03/2024 10:53, Davey wrote:
>> On 1 Mar 2024 10:35:24 GMT

>>> Do they have a different 'phone number for people thinking of
>>> leaving? That normally gets answered quickly.
>>>

>> Probably, but I wasn't thinking of leaving. In fact, I was online with
>> an agent in 9 minutes, so it wasn't too bad. I've been on telephone hold
>> for longer than that.
>>

> Why do you stay if service is so bad? I really wonder why people are so
> attracted to them when they were one of the main offenders in ripping
> off loyal customers....
>
> I'm currently on eon.next's guarantee to be below the price cap tariff.
> Handy list of tariffs here.. (you need to re-join the uRL)
>
> https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/-are-there-any-cheap--fixed-energy-deals-currently-worth-it--/
>
> BG isn't terrible, but I avoid them like the plague...
>
> Dave

I left eon.next because on their better tarrif they wanted me to have a
smart meter which I dislike because it is obvious to supplier staff when
a property is not occupied.

--
Michael Chare

Re: OT: Chat with British Gas

<3D3FN.658721$p%Mb.27799@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=126040&group=uk.d-i-y#126040

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 18:49:33 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 18:49 UTC

On 02-Mar-24 11:45, Max Demian wrote:
> On 01/03/2024 10:19, Davey wrote:
>
>> I am trying to see what they offer in terms of different tariffs, per
>> their invitation, but I always get a screen saying that 'there are
>> technical problems'. This has been going on for over a week.
>> Just now, I contacted Chat, and asked to talk to an agent. I am 260th
>> in line (not in the queue, but in line).
>
> A little while ago a nice chat agent immediately gave me their bank
> details so I could pay my bill via online banking, a facility which
> their phone line said was "impossible".

You paid money into the agent's bank account?

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: OT: Chat with British Gas

<us7348$3oli8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=126271&group=uk.d-i-y#126271

From: max_demian@bigfoot.com (Max Demian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 12:27:53 +0000
 by: Max Demian - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 12:27 UTC

On 03/03/2024 18:49, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 02-Mar-24 11:45, Max Demian wrote:
>> On 01/03/2024 10:19, Davey wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to see what they offer in terms of different tariffs, per
>>> their invitation, but I always get a screen saying that 'there are
>>> technical problems'. This has been going on for over a week.
>>> Just now, I contacted Chat, and asked to talk to an agent. I am 260th
>>> in line (not in the queue, but in line).
>>
>> A little while ago a nice chat agent immediately gave me their bank
>> details so I could pay my bill via online banking, a facility which
>> their phone line said was "impossible".
>>
> You paid money into the agent's bank account?

No.

--
Max Demian