Hell is empty and all the devils are here. -- Wm. Shakespeare, "The Tempest"

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

SubjectAuthor
* OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Cursitor Doom
+* Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....The Natural Philosopher
|`- Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Pamela
+- Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Ottavio Caruso
+* Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Joe
|+* Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Rod Speed
||`- Re: Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!Peeler
|`* Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Cursitor Doom
| `- Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Joe
+* Re: In the Interests of Good Relations....Brian Gaff
|`- Re: In the Interests of Good Relations....Cursitor Doom
+- Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....BobEngelhardt
+* Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Fakir Neejit
|+* Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....John Larkin
||`* Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Fakit Neejit
|| `* Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....John Larkin
||  `* Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Fakir Neejit
||   `* Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....john larkin
||    `* Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Fakir Neejit
||     `* Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Fredxx
||      `- Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Fakir Neejit
|`* Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Cursitor Doom
| `- Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Fakit Neejit
`- Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....Jasen Betts

1
OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<nl6fsil3oh91vn1oke23566o6uqtb315u3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124421&group=uk.d-i-y#124421

From: cd@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Subject: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:58:25 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:58 UTC

Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there
are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily
offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of
their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a way
forward so we can all live in peace together.
If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this patch
on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us will be able
to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations will be
maintained.

http://tinyurl.com/3nnf8s4z

Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea go
viral.

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<uq883s$3860u$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124425&group=uk.d-i-y#124425

From: tnp@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 16:26:36 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 16:26 UTC

On 10/02/2024 15:58, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there
> are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily
> offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of
> their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a way
> forward so we can all live in peace together.
> If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this patch
> on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us will be able
> to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations will be
> maintained.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3nnf8s4z
>
> Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea go
> viral.
This is perhaps a more telling statement

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Cartoons%20and%20Politics/English%20Lives%20Matter.jpg

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<uq88os$38a5i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124426&group=uk.d-i-y#124426

From: ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com (Ottavio Caruso)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 16:37:48 +0000
 by: Ottavio Caruso - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 16:37 UTC

Am 10/02/2024 um 15:58 schrieb Cursitor Doom:
> Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there
> are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily
> offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of
> their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a way
> forward so we can all live in peace together.
> If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this patch
> on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us will be able
> to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations will be
> maintained.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3nnf8s4z
>
> Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea go
> viral.

Was it not you whingeing that you didn't want to click on an anonymous
link or am I confusing you with some other English patriot who lives abroad?

--
Ottavio Caruso

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<20240210182112.566d39fa@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124442&group=uk.d-i-y#124442

From: joe@jretrading.com (Joe)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 18:21:12 +0000
 by: Joe - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 18:21 UTC

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:58:25 +0000
Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com> wrote:

> Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there
> are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily
> offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of
> their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a way
> forward so we can all live in peace together.
> If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this patch
> on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us will be able
> to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations will be
> maintained.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3nnf8s4z
>
> Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea go
> viral.

Unnecessary.

Anyone who doesn't look old or blue-collar is of this kind.

We finally see the reason for the 50% of school-leavers going to higher
'education'. It wasn't just international willy-waving, as I had
thought, after all. Which institutions were the first to fall to the
Long March?

--
Joe

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<op.2ixv37l9byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124447&group=uk.d-i-y#124447

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 05:53:57 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 18:53 UTC

On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 05:21:12 +1100, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:58:25 +0000
> Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com> wrote:
>
>> Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there
>> are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily
>> offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of
>> their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a way
>> forward so we can all live in peace together.
>> If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this patch
>> on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us will be able
>> to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations will be
>> maintained.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3nnf8s4z
>>
>> Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea go
>> viral.
>
> Unnecessary.
>
> Anyone who doesn't look old or blue-collar is of this kind.
>
> We finally see the reason for the 50% of school-leavers going to higher
> 'education'. It wasn't just international willy-waving, as I had
> thought, after all. Which institutions were the first to fall to the
> Long March?

Irrelevant to western europe which did that shit hundreds
of years ago no.

Re: Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

<%MQxN.221029$yEgf.42682@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124452&group=uk.d-i-y#124452

From: trolltrap@valid.invalid (Peeler)
Subject: Re: Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 21:11:50 +0100
 by: Peeler - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 20:11 UTC

On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 05:53:57 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:

Re: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<uqag3g$vlnt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124473&group=uk.d-i-y#124473

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: In the Interests of Good Relations....
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 12:55:12 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 12:55 UTC

Ah but this discriminates against the blind. We want a tactile version.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Cursitor Doom" <cd@notformail.com> wrote in message
> Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there
> are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily
> offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of
> their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a way
> forward so we can all live in peace together.
> If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this patch
> on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us will be able
> to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations will be
> maintained.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3nnf8s4z
>
> Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea go
> viral.

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<XnsB1158BB3C1DD05D4AM2@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124478&group=uk.d-i-y#124478

From: pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:43:59 GMT
 by: Pamela - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:43 UTC

On 16:26 10 Feb 2024, The Natural Philosopher said:

> On 10/02/2024 15:58, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>> Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there
>> are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily
>> offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of
>> their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a way
>> forward so we can all live in peace together.
>> If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this patch
>> on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us will be
>> able to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations will be
>> maintained.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3nnf8s4z
>>
>> Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea go
>> viral.
>
> This is perhaps a more telling statement
>
> http://vps.templar.co.uk/Cartoons%20and%20Politics/English%20
> Lives%20Matter.jpg
Messages like that can get now you into trouble. Last month Sam Melia
was found guilty in Leeds of distributing stickers with the following
messages, according to news reports.

"Mass immigration is white genocide"
"Second-generation? Third? Fourth? You have to go back
"There is a war on whites"
"They seek conquest not asylum"
"Mass immigration is white genocide"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/jan/16/uk-man-with-hitler-
picture-used-sticker-campaign-to-stir-racial-hatred-court-told

"Labour loves Muslim rape gangs"
"We will be a minority in our homeland by 2066"
"It's ok to be white"
"Natives losing jobs; migrants pouring in."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/far-right-activist-ran-
downloadable-31961142

"Natives losing jobs; migrants pouring in"
"Reject white guilt"
"Nationalism is nurture"
"Diversity - designed to fail, built to replace".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c51zn2l33r9o

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<uqaml9$10n2h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124480&group=uk.d-i-y#124480

From: BobEngelhardt@comcast.net (BobEngelhardt)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 09:47:04 -0500
 by: BobEngelhardt - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 14:47 UTC

Why TF did you cross contaminate with uk.d-i-y & uk.legal?? Your silly
blabberings are bad enough without inviting other sillies into SED's
traditionally on-topic space. Did you need a gang of rowdies to back
you up?

Re: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<kn1isipal9qg121f70fgaj8dkd2m00ksj6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124488&group=uk.d-i-y#124488

From: cd@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 17:45:55 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 17:45 UTC

On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 05:27:16 -0800 (PST), Anthony William Sloman
<bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

>On Sunday, February 11, 2024 at 11:55:19?PM UTC+11, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
>> The Sofa of Brian Gaff... bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
>> "Cursitor Doom" <c...@notformail.com> wrote in message news:nl6fsil3oh91vn1ok...@4ax.com...
>>
>> > Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there
>> > are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily
>> > offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of
>> > their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a way
>> > forward so we can all live in peace together.
>>
>> > If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this patch
>> > on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us will be able
>> > to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations will be
>> > maintained.
>> >
>> > http://tinyurl.com/3nnf8s4z
>> >
>> > Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea go viral.
>>
>> Ah but this discriminates against the blind. We want a tactile version.
>
>This is a text-only group. Cursitor Doom is a half-wit, and doesn't understand this - along with many other inconvenient facts.
>
>The appropriate tactile response to Cursitor Doom would be tar and feathers - even more impractical than his "snowflake" patch.
>
>What he seems to be unwilling to register is that it's not his opinions we object to, but the fraudulently misrepresented "facts" with which he tries to support them.
>
>He happens to like his conspiracy theories to be absurdly implausible, but to sell them to us he has leave out a lot of real world information, and be bizarrely selective with the occasional "evidence" he points to as supporting them.

"We"?? Who is this "we" of whom you speak? I don't recall anyone
appointing *you* as Usenet spokesman, Bill. I think you're just still
sore after I unmasked you as a bare-faced liar in this post:

<nmvnrip98td60vpvbuejaohck9l7imugch@4ax.com>

I'm keepin that message ID and will repost it every time you accuse me
of any kind of dishonesty, so that readers will be able to determine
which of us is the true enemy of Truth. No offence. ;->

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<nq3isipt86f30eq59f1eojl61v1mlcsd3e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124491&group=uk.d-i-y#124491

From: cd@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:19:52 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:19 UTC

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 18:21:12 +0000, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:58:25 +0000
>Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com> wrote:
>
>> Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there
>> are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily
>> offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of
>> their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a way
>> forward so we can all live in peace together.
>> If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this patch
>> on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us will be able
>> to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations will be
>> maintained.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3nnf8s4z
>>
>> Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea go
>> viral.
>
>Unnecessary.
>
>Anyone who doesn't look old or blue-collar is of this kind.
>
>We finally see the reason for the 50% of school-leavers going to higher
>'education'. It wasn't just international willy-waving, as I had
>thought, after all. Which institutions were the first to fall to the
>Long March?

I'm not aware that any single one can be identified as having fallen
first, Joe. However, if I were one of the plotters involved in rolling
out this agenda, I'd have to put the media in my sights first and
foremost, for obvious reasons. Am I right?

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<s34isi92lv6s9us7kosqmnuq076ahjnemd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124493&group=uk.d-i-y#124493

From: f.neejit@aol.com (Fakir Neejit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:24:27 +0000
 by: Fakir Neejit - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:24 UTC

wrote:

>Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there
>are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily
>offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of
>their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a way
>forward so we can all live in peace together.
>If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this patch
>on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us will be able
>to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations will be
>maintained.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/3nnf8s4z
>
>Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea go
>viral.

Did you try hard to become an obnoxious gammon halfwit, or did it come
naturally?

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<20240211190755.007e06f5@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124495&group=uk.d-i-y#124495

From: joe@jretrading.com (Joe)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 19:07:55 +0000
 by: Joe - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 19:07 UTC

On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:19:52 +0000
Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 18:21:12 +0000, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:58:25 +0000
> >Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there
> >> are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily
> >> offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of
> >> their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a
> >> way forward so we can all live in peace together.
> >> If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this
> >> patch on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us
> >> will be able to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations
> >> will be maintained.
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/3nnf8s4z
> >>
> >> Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea
> >> go viral.
> >
> >Unnecessary.
> >
> >Anyone who doesn't look old or blue-collar is of this kind.
> >
> >We finally see the reason for the 50% of school-leavers going to
> >higher 'education'. It wasn't just international willy-waving, as I
> >had thought, after all. Which institutions were the first to fall to
> >the Long March?
>
> I'm not aware that any single one can be identified as having fallen
> first, Joe. However, if I were one of the plotters involved in rolling
> out this agenda, I'd have to put the media in my sights first and
> foremost, for obvious reasons. Am I right?

I was suggesting the universities, from which the media people are
drawn. There were Soviet spies in universities in the Fifties. I think
the student unions were the first to ban controversial speakers.
Friedrich Hayek was a faculty member of the LSE, something which I
doubt could happen now.

It's difficult to tell about changes in the media, as I have also been
getting older, and if not wiser, then at least less trusting. I'm not
sure if I would have been as aware of the lying and lying by omission
if it was happening twenty or thirty years ago. Certainly newspapers
have always been highly partisan, but I feel more of the news was
available then by reading two or three different papers than now.
Certainly there was no government narrative that all media felt
compelled to promote.

--
Joe

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<qv6isit13gjhsn9ct545f13qrghp261hn1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124496&group=uk.d-i-y#124496

From: jl@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 11:12:50 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 19:12 UTC

On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:24:27 +0000, Fakir Neejit <f.neejit@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:58:25 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there
>>are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily
>>offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of
>>their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a way
>>forward so we can all live in peace together.
>>If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this patch
>>on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us will be able
>>to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations will be
>>maintained.
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/3nnf8s4z
>>
>>Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea go
>>viral.
>
>Did you try hard to become an obnoxious gammon halfwit, or did it come
>naturally?

Lame insults take no skill at all.

Electronic design does.

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<7l7isi53rbkt1eo128jf7nocq0be0pf3ch@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124497&group=uk.d-i-y#124497

From: cd@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 19:28:14 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 19:28 UTC

wrote:

>Did you try hard to become an obnoxious gammon halfwit, or did it come
>naturally?

It took - first and foremost - Commitment. Without that, you have no
chance. Then comes self-discipline, application and determination.
With a little application and determination, virtually anyone can
attain Gammondom.

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<u7ojsi5hnh11fan12oq0vfrp8mpe9m6p8t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124516&group=uk.d-i-y#124516

From: fakir.neejit@aol.com (Fakit Neejit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 09:15:14 +0000
 by: Fakit Neejit - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 09:15 UTC

On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 11:12:50 -0800, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:24:27 +0000, Fakir Neejit <f.neejit@aol.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:58:25 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there
>>>are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily
>>>offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of
>>>their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a way
>>>forward so we can all live in peace together.
>>>If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this patch
>>>on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us will be able
>>>to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations will be
>>>maintained.
>>>
>>>http://tinyurl.com/3nnf8s4z
>>>
>>>Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea go
>>>viral.
>>
>>Did you try hard to become an obnoxious gammon halfwit, or did it come
>>naturally?
>
>Lame insults take no skill at all.

That wasn't an insult for the simple reason that it's impossible to
insult Doom.

>Electronic design does.

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<dfojsihug0nj573l0l105rvf8floec4p99@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124517&group=uk.d-i-y#124517

From: fakir.neejit@aol.com (Fakit Neejit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 09:16:58 +0000
 by: Fakit Neejit - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 09:16 UTC

On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 19:28:14 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:24:27 +0000, Fakir Neejit <f.neejit@aol.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Did you try hard to become an obnoxious gammon halfwit, or did it come
>>naturally?
>
>It took - first and foremost - Commitment. Without that, you have no
>chance. Then comes self-discipline, application and determination.
>With a little application and determination, virtually anyone can
>attain Gammondom.

You left out crudity and nastiness.

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<l2cksi94m44ilib21k280t6cdeqagcpu9e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124542&group=uk.d-i-y#124542

From: jl@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 06:52:43 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 14:52 UTC

On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 09:15:14 +0000, Fakit Neejit
<fakir.neejit@aol.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 11:12:50 -0800, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:24:27 +0000, Fakir Neejit <f.neejit@aol.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Did you try hard to become an obnoxious gammon halfwit, or did it come
>>>naturally?
>>
>>Lame insults take no skill at all.
>
>That wasn't an insult for the simple reason that it's impossible to
>insult Doom.

Still childish and lame. Design something. Show us.

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<dusksi1r4g2n7ha67jptam0sj2l38qgkgg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124568&group=uk.d-i-y#124568

From: f.neejit@aol.com (Fakir Neejit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 20:02:41 +0000
 by: Fakir Neejit - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 20:02 UTC

On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 06:52:43 -0800, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 09:15:14 +0000, Fakit Neejit
><fakir.neejit@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 11:12:50 -0800, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Lame insults take no skill at all.
>>
>>That wasn't an insult for the simple reason that it's impossible to
>>insult Doom.
>>

>Still childish and lame. Design something. Show us.

There you go again, deploying your well used attack line of claiming
that people you don't approve of can't design electronics.

For what it's worth, I've been designing electronics and embedded
software since 1972. But unlike you I don't feel the need to
constantly post stuff on SED just to show how clever I am. So no, I
won't rise to your bait and post anything.

You display depressing levels of arrogance, ignorance and narcissism
and have been doing so for many years. I can understand why you leap
to the defence of Doom, a well known conspiracy theorist and troll.
You display similar characteristics.

My exchanges with Doom are none of your business and you should keep
your comments to yourself.

Now fuck off.

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<nidlsitfq6hvutpneb3vd245a9iki0v1hc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124582&group=uk.d-i-y#124582

From: jl@650pot.com (john larkin)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 16:31:08 -0800
 by: john larkin - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 00:31 UTC

On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 20:02:41 +0000, Fakir Neejit <f.neejit@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 06:52:43 -0800, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 09:15:14 +0000, Fakit Neejit
>><fakir.neejit@aol.com> wrote:

>>>That wasn't an insult for the simple reason that it's impossible to
>>>insult Doom.
>>>

>>Still childish and lame. Design something. Show us.
>
>There you go again, deploying your well used attack line of claiming
>that people you don't approve of can't design electronics.
>
>For what it's worth, I've been designing electronics and embedded
>software since 1972. But unlike you I don't feel the need to
>constantly post stuff on SED just to show how clever I am. So no, I
>won't rise to your bait and post anything.

I didn't expect that you would post anything on-topic.

I'm not trying to look clever; I'm autistic enough to not care much
what other people think. I just like to talk about electronics. And
I sort of design in public.

Why have an electronics design discussion group where nobody posts
about electronic design? But just post insults?

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<0n8msipm6pvqlqlg0qc5ge8mt76hmpo1eg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124587&group=uk.d-i-y#124587

From: f.neejit@aol.com (Fakir Neejit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 08:31:33 +0000
 by: Fakir Neejit - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 08:31 UTC

On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 16:31:08 -0800, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 20:02:41 +0000, Fakir Neejit <f.neejit@aol.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 06:52:43 -0800, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Still childish and lame. Design something. Show us.
>>
>>There you go again, deploying your well used attack line of claiming
>>that people you don't approve of can't design electronics.
>>
>>For what it's worth, I've been designing electronics and embedded
>>software since 1972. But unlike you I don't feel the need to
>>constantly post stuff on SED just to show how clever I am. So no, I
>>won't rise to your bait and post anything.
>>

>I didn't expect that you would post anything on-topic.

In case you hadn't noticed, this entire thread is off topic and bugger
all to do with electronics.

>I'm not trying to look clever; I'm autistic enough to not care much
>what other people think. I just like to talk about electronics. And
>I sort of design in public.

Then why did you cross-post to an off-topic thread?

>Why have an electronics design discussion group where nobody posts
>about electronic design? But just post insults?

It was your choice to cross-post to other groups including uk.d-i-y
(the group I posted to) with your irrelevant point about designing
electronics.

I've already explained about your misplaced use of the word insult.

You were politely invited to fuck off. Now do as you were told.

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<uqfs6o$23v5o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124619&group=uk.d-i-y#124619

From: fredxx@spam.invalid (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 13:52:25 +0000
 by: Fredxx - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 13:52 UTC

On 13/02/2024 08:31, Fakir Neritine wrote:

<snip>

> It was your choice to cross-post to other groups including uk.d-i-y
> (the group I posted to) with your irrelevant point about designing
> electronics.

Except you've never made an-topic contribution to uk.d-i-y either.

The very definition of a troll.

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<rr5psihpik0p81gurb4giv7c5ronhncakp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=124686&group=uk.d-i-y#124686

From: f.neejit@aol.com (Fakir Neejit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
References: <nl6fsil3oh91vn1oke23566o6uqtb315u3@4ax.com> <s34isi92lv6s9us7kosqmnuq076ahjnemd@4ax.com> <qv6isit13gjhsn9ct545f13qrghp261hn1@4ax.com> <u7ojsi5hnh11fan12oq0vfrp8mpe9m6p8t@4ax.com> <l2cksi94m44ilib21k280t6cdeqagcpu9e@4ax.com> <dusksi1r4g2n7ha67jptam0sj2l38qgkgg@4ax.com> <nidlsitfq6hvutpneb3vd245a9iki0v1hc@4ax.com> <0n8msipm6pvqlqlg0qc5ge8mt76hmpo1eg@4ax.com> <uqfs6o$23v5o$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 10:49:16 +0000
 by: Fakir Neejit - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 10:49 UTC

On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 13:52:25 +0000, Fredxx <fredxx@spam.invalid>
wrote:

>On 13/02/2024 08:31, Fakir Neritine wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> It was your choice to cross-post to other groups including uk.d-i-y
>> (the group I posted to) with your irrelevant point about designing
>> electronics.
>
>Except you've never made an-topic contribution to uk.d-i-y either.
>
>The very definition of a troll.

Do try to look a bit less silly.

People who post off topic rubbish, this thread for example, should
expect responses from literally anyone.

No irrelevant rite of passage to contribute required.

Re: OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

<usfs2m$sa92$2@gonzo.revmaps.no-ip.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=126640&group=uk.d-i-y#126640

From: usenet@revmaps.no-ip.org (Jasen Betts)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 20:22:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jasen Betts - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 20:22 UTC

On 2024-02-10, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com> wrote:
> Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there
> are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily
> offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion.

Not just you, I see all the book banning and the fear of Taylor Swift.
it is exactly as you describe.

> Some of
> their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a way
> forward so we can all live in peace together.
> If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this patch
> on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us will be able
> to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations will be
> maintained.

Usually you can tell by the red caps they wear.

> http://tinyurl.com/3nnf8s4z
>
> Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea go
> viral.

If you feel triggered you may wish to use one of theises unicode
symbols in your signature or from header: ❄️ ❅ ❆

--
Jasen.
🇺🇦 Слава Україні