Lost: gray and white female cat. Answers to electric can opener.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

SubjectAuthor
* Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax RemoteChris Hogg
+* Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax RemoteAndrew
|`- Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax RemoteChris Hogg
+* Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax RemoteDavey
|+- Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax RemoteChris Hogg
|`* Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax RemoteChris Hogg
| +* Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax RemoteJeff Gaines
| |`* Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remotefred
| | `* Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax RemoteJeff Gaines
| |  `- Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax RemoteDavey
| `- Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax RemoteChris Hogg
`* Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax RemoteTheo
 `* Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax RemoteChris Hogg
  +* Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax RemoteChris Hogg
  |`- Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax RemotePaul
  `- Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remotewasbit

1
Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<fis8vitgsorjckl3lggp0i5lvnl61gse5b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127020&group=uk.d-i-y#127020

From: me@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 16:37:06 +0000
 by: Chris Hogg - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 16:37 UTC

I have a Humax HDR-Fox T2 PVR with appropriate remote. The remote can
be programmed to also control basic functions such as On/Off and
volume on a range of TV's, Hi-Fi units, DVD's, etc.

When I had a Samsung TV, I programmed the Humax controller to control
those basics and it worked fine. I only needed one remote by my chair.
But I have now changed my TV to a Panasonic TX-42MZ800B, and the Humax
remote doesn't control it (hardly surprising as it was set up for the
Samsung). But even though I go through the routines for reprogramming
the remote for Panasonic TV's (15 possible codes given in my Humax
manual, 006, 098, 061, 129, 038, 023, 063, 094, 187, 251, 294, 353,
359, 279, 306), none of them seem to work. Nor does the automatic
search process seem to work, as described here
https://tinyurl.com/3hp3kjym

Can anyone suggest how else I can reprogram my Humax remote to work
with the TV, as it used to? Bearing in mind the new TV is more modern
than the old one, are there other codes that I can try over and above
those listed above, or do I need a modern Humax remote?

--
Chris

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<ut2362$2dbm1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127029&group=uk.d-i-y#127029

From: Andrew97d@btinternet.com (Andrew)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 18:14:23 +0000
 by: Andrew - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 18:14 UTC

On 15/03/2024 16:37, Chris Hogg wrote:
> I have a Humax HDR-Fox T2 PVR with appropriate remote. The remote can
> be programmed to also control basic functions such as On/Off and
> volume on a range of TV's, Hi-Fi units, DVD's, etc.
>
> When I had a Samsung TV, I programmed the Humax controller to control
> those basics and it worked fine. I only needed one remote by my chair.
> But I have now changed my TV to a Panasonic TX-42MZ800B, and the Humax
> remote doesn't control it (hardly surprising as it was set up for the
> Samsung). But even though I go through the routines for reprogramming
> the remote for Panasonic TV's (15 possible codes given in my Humax
> manual, 006, 098, 061, 129, 038, 023, 063, 094, 187, 251, 294, 353,
> 359, 279, 306), none of them seem to work. Nor does the automatic
> search process seem to work, as described here
> https://tinyurl.com/3hp3kjym
>
> Can anyone suggest how else I can reprogram my Humax remote to work
> with the TV, as it used to? Bearing in mind the new TV is more modern
> than the old one, are there other codes that I can try over and above
> those listed above, or do I need a modern Humax remote?

you forgot
0037,0548,0361,0650,0226,0163,
0367,0516,0853, 1310,,1480,1636,
1650,1410, 1510

select mode (pvr,tv,dvd,audio)
keep button pressed for 3 secs until button stasys on.
enter 4 digit code, button will blink after digit.
after 4th digit button will blink twice.
if a valid 4-digit code is entered device will power off.
press OK and mode button will blink 3 times

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<ut2615$2e0pu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127033&group=uk.d-i-y#127033

From: davey@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 19:03:01 +0000
 by: Davey - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 19:03 UTC

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 16:37:06 +0000
Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> I have a Humax HDR-Fox T2 PVR with appropriate remote. The remote can
> be programmed to also control basic functions such as On/Off and
> volume on a range of TV's, Hi-Fi units, DVD's, etc.
>
> When I had a Samsung TV, I programmed the Humax controller to control
> those basics and it worked fine. I only needed one remote by my chair.
> But I have now changed my TV to a Panasonic TX-42MZ800B, and the Humax
> remote doesn't control it (hardly surprising as it was set up for the
> Samsung). But even though I go through the routines for reprogramming
> the remote for Panasonic TV's (15 possible codes given in my Humax
> manual, 006, 098, 061, 129, 038, 023, 063, 094, 187, 251, 294, 353,
> 359, 279, 306), none of them seem to work. Nor does the automatic
> search process seem to work, as described here
> https://tinyurl.com/3hp3kjym
>
> Can anyone suggest how else I can reprogram my Humax remote to work
> with the TV, as it used to? Bearing in mind the new TV is more modern
> than the old one, are there other codes that I can try over and above
> those listed above, or do I need a modern Humax remote?

Buy a One-for-All remote control. Tescos sell them.
--
Davey.

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<mba9vitv6jt4l1p20m9ecppd8qnev8um8a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127035&group=uk.d-i-y#127035

From: me@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 20:11:10 +0000
 by: Chris Hogg - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 20:11 UTC

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 18:14:23 +0000, Andrew <Andrew97d@btinternet.com>
wrote:

>On 15/03/2024 16:37, Chris Hogg wrote:
>> I have a Humax HDR-Fox T2 PVR with appropriate remote. The remote can
>> be programmed to also control basic functions such as On/Off and
>> volume on a range of TV's, Hi-Fi units, DVD's, etc.
>>
>> When I had a Samsung TV, I programmed the Humax controller to control
>> those basics and it worked fine. I only needed one remote by my chair.
>> But I have now changed my TV to a Panasonic TX-42MZ800B, and the Humax
>> remote doesn't control it (hardly surprising as it was set up for the
>> Samsung). But even though I go through the routines for reprogramming
>> the remote for Panasonic TV's (15 possible codes given in my Humax
>> manual, 006, 098, 061, 129, 038, 023, 063, 094, 187, 251, 294, 353,
>> 359, 279, 306), none of them seem to work. Nor does the automatic
>> search process seem to work, as described here
>> https://tinyurl.com/3hp3kjym
>>
>> Can anyone suggest how else I can reprogram my Humax remote to work
>> with the TV, as it used to? Bearing in mind the new TV is more modern
>> than the old one, are there other codes that I can try over and above
>> those listed above, or do I need a modern Humax remote?
>>

>you forgot
>0037,0548,0361,0650,0226,0163,
>0367,0516,0853, 1310,,1480,1636,
>1650,1410, 1510
>
>select mode (pvr,tv,dvd,audio)
>keep button pressed for 3 secs until button stasys on.
>enter 4 digit code, button will blink after digit.
>after 4th digit button will blink twice.
>if a valid 4-digit code is entered device will power off.
>press OK and mode button will blink 3 times

Thanks for the suggestions, but...

All the codes in my Humax manual are 3-digit codes;
I have a scribbled note that if the little white label inside the
battery compartment says 'MDB 1.3' use 3-digit codes; if the label
says 'ADB 1.0' use 4-digit codes. My label says 'MDB 1.3';
I tried your numbers and the TV button blinked twice before I got all
four digits entered, confirming that it used 3-digit codes.

But thanks again for trying.

--
Chris

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<82b9vidtl9m08hh4lhinpa9otih5s55boj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127036&group=uk.d-i-y#127036

From: me@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 20:15:32 +0000
 by: Chris Hogg - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 20:15 UTC

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 19:03:01 +0000, Davey <davey@example.invalid>
wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 16:37:06 +0000
>Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> I have a Humax HDR-Fox T2 PVR with appropriate remote. The remote can
>> be programmed to also control basic functions such as On/Off and
>> volume on a range of TV's, Hi-Fi units, DVD's, etc.
>>
>> When I had a Samsung TV, I programmed the Humax controller to control
>> those basics and it worked fine. I only needed one remote by my chair.
>> But I have now changed my TV to a Panasonic TX-42MZ800B, and the Humax
>> remote doesn't control it (hardly surprising as it was set up for the
>> Samsung). But even though I go through the routines for reprogramming
>> the remote for Panasonic TV's (15 possible codes given in my Humax
>> manual, 006, 098, 061, 129, 038, 023, 063, 094, 187, 251, 294, 353,
>> 359, 279, 306), none of them seem to work. Nor does the automatic
>> search process seem to work, as described here
>> https://tinyurl.com/3hp3kjym
>>
>> Can anyone suggest how else I can reprogram my Humax remote to work
>> with the TV, as it used to? Bearing in mind the new TV is more modern
>> than the old one, are there other codes that I can try over and above
>> those listed above, or do I need a modern Humax remote?
>>

>Buy a One-for-All remote control. Tescos sell them.

Thanks. I'll try one.

--
Chris

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<1rF*aTsFz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127037&group=uk.d-i-y#127037

From: theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 15 Mar 2024 20:18:09 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Theo - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 20:18 UTC

Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> wrote:
> I have a Humax HDR-Fox T2 PVR with appropriate remote. The remote can
> be programmed to also control basic functions such as On/Off and
> volume on a range of TV's, Hi-Fi units, DVD's, etc.
>
> When I had a Samsung TV, I programmed the Humax controller to control
> those basics and it worked fine. I only needed one remote by my chair.
> But I have now changed my TV to a Panasonic TX-42MZ800B, and the Humax
> remote doesn't control it (hardly surprising as it was set up for the
> Samsung). But even though I go through the routines for reprogramming
> the remote for Panasonic TV's (15 possible codes given in my Humax
> manual, 006, 098, 061, 129, 038, 023, 063, 094, 187, 251, 294, 353,
> 359, 279, 306), none of them seem to work. Nor does the automatic
> search process seem to work, as described here
> https://tinyurl.com/3hp3kjym
>
> Can anyone suggest how else I can reprogram my Humax remote to work
> with the TV, as it used to? Bearing in mind the new TV is more modern
> than the old one, are there other codes that I can try over and above
> those listed above, or do I need a modern Humax remote?

HDMI-CEC is a feature where the remote of your TV can control your STB, DVD,
etc when connected via HDMI. Maybe your Panasonic remote can control your
PVR when that input is selected on the TV?

Try it and see. It might need enabling in the TV and/or PVR settings.

Theo

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<o7h9vi5lprbrqiggj451sujvc1piofku1h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127045&group=uk.d-i-y#127045

From: me@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 22:04:27 +0000
 by: Chris Hogg - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 22:04 UTC

On 15 Mar 2024 20:18:09 +0000 (GMT), Theo
<theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

>Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>> I have a Humax HDR-Fox T2 PVR with appropriate remote. The remote can
>> be programmed to also control basic functions such as On/Off and
>> volume on a range of TV's, Hi-Fi units, DVD's, etc.
>>
>> When I had a Samsung TV, I programmed the Humax controller to control
>> those basics and it worked fine. I only needed one remote by my chair.
>> But I have now changed my TV to a Panasonic TX-42MZ800B, and the Humax
>> remote doesn't control it (hardly surprising as it was set up for the
>> Samsung). But even though I go through the routines for reprogramming
>> the remote for Panasonic TV's (15 possible codes given in my Humax
>> manual, 006, 098, 061, 129, 038, 023, 063, 094, 187, 251, 294, 353,
>> 359, 279, 306), none of them seem to work. Nor does the automatic
>> search process seem to work, as described here
>> https://tinyurl.com/3hp3kjym
>>
>> Can anyone suggest how else I can reprogram my Humax remote to work
>> with the TV, as it used to? Bearing in mind the new TV is more modern
>> than the old one, are there other codes that I can try over and above
>> those listed above, or do I need a modern Humax remote?
>
> is a feature where the remote of your TV can control your STB, DVD,
>etc when connected via HDMI. Maybe your Panasonic remote can control your
>PVR when that input is selected on the TV?
>
>Try it and see. It might need enabling in the TV and/or PVR settings.
>
>Theo

Hmm...I'm exploring HDMI-CEC on the Panny - it looks as though they
call it Viera Link, but I'm not getting very far! I'm not sure where
to look on the Panny, and I'm not very clever when it comes to this
sort of thing!

--
Chris

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<e5kavidb00bl01h6pbhl6ojqibppknkc0g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127056&group=uk.d-i-y#127056

From: me@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 08:00:11 +0000
 by: Chris Hogg - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 08:00 UTC

wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 16:37:06 +0000
>Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> I have a Humax HDR-Fox T2 PVR with appropriate remote. The remote can
>> be programmed to also control basic functions such as On/Off and
>> volume on a range of TV's, Hi-Fi units, DVD's, etc.
>>
>> When I had a Samsung TV, I programmed the Humax controller to control
>> those basics and it worked fine. I only needed one remote by my chair.
>> But I have now changed my TV to a Panasonic TX-42MZ800B, and the Humax
>> remote doesn't control it (hardly surprising as it was set up for the
>> Samsung). But even though I go through the routines for reprogramming
>> the remote for Panasonic TV's (15 possible codes given in my Humax
>> manual, 006, 098, 061, 129, 038, 023, 063, 094, 187, 251, 294, 353,
>> 359, 279, 306), none of them seem to work. Nor does the automatic
>> search process seem to work, as described here
>> https://tinyurl.com/3hp3kjym
>>
>> Can anyone suggest how else I can reprogram my Humax remote to work
>> with the TV, as it used to? Bearing in mind the new TV is more modern
>> than the old one, are there other codes that I can try over and above
>> those listed above, or do I need a modern Humax remote?
>>

>Buy a One-for-All remote control. Tescos sell them.

A quick follow-up question: will the one remote control all four of my
devices almost simultaneously (well, at the touch of a single button,
anyway) like my Humax remote does, or is it one remote for each
device?

--
Chris

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<gdkavi9dju6h7flp5tkb8hsta3fjfi7p3c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127057&group=uk.d-i-y#127057

From: me@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 08:05:23 +0000
 by: Chris Hogg - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 08:05 UTC

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 22:04:27 +0000, Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>On 15 Mar 2024 20:18:09 +0000 (GMT), Theo
><theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>
>>Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>>> I have a Humax HDR-Fox T2 PVR with appropriate remote. The remote can
>>> be programmed to also control basic functions such as On/Off and
>>> volume on a range of TV's, Hi-Fi units, DVD's, etc.
>>>
>>> When I had a Samsung TV, I programmed the Humax controller to control
>>> those basics and it worked fine. I only needed one remote by my chair.
>>> But I have now changed my TV to a Panasonic TX-42MZ800B, and the Humax
>>> remote doesn't control it (hardly surprising as it was set up for the
>>> Samsung). But even though I go through the routines for reprogramming
>>> the remote for Panasonic TV's (15 possible codes given in my Humax
>>> manual, 006, 098, 061, 129, 038, 023, 063, 094, 187, 251, 294, 353,
>>> 359, 279, 306), none of them seem to work. Nor does the automatic
>>> search process seem to work, as described here
>>> https://tinyurl.com/3hp3kjym
>>>
>>> Can anyone suggest how else I can reprogram my Humax remote to work
>>> with the TV, as it used to? Bearing in mind the new TV is more modern
>>> than the old one, are there other codes that I can try over and above
>>> those listed above, or do I need a modern Humax remote?
>>
>> is a feature where the remote of your TV can control your STB, DVD,
>>etc when connected via HDMI. Maybe your Panasonic remote can control your
>>PVR when that input is selected on the TV?
>>
>>Try it and see. It might need enabling in the TV and/or PVR settings.
>>
>>Theo
>
>Hmm...I'm exploring HDMI-CEC on the Panny - it looks as though they
>call it Viera Link, but I'm not getting very far! I'm not sure where
>to look on the Panny, and I'm not very clever when it comes to this
>sort of thing!

Can't find anything about HDMI-CEC in the settings on the Panny. Even
if it's there somewhere, I get the impression that both the Panny and
the Humax have to have HDMI-CEC activated, and an appropriate cable
between them. I'm not very hopeful, unless someone can give me
specific instructions in words of one syllable.

--
Chris

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<xn0ojdybv4n9juk009@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127058&group=uk.d-i-y#127058

From: jgnewsid@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 16 Mar 2024 08:16:27 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 08:16 UTC

On 16/03/2024 in message <e5kavidb00bl01h6pbhl6ojqibppknkc0g@4ax.com>
Chris Hogg wrote:

>A quick follow-up question: will the one remote control all four of my
>devices almost simultaneously (well, at the touch of a single button,
>anyway) like my Humax remote does, or is it one remote for each
>device?

You can program activities:

https://www.oneforall.com/en-gb/what-is-an-activity

I prefer the Logitech Harmony but it would have to be a used one as
Logitech has stopped making them :-(

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
All things being equal, fat people use more soap

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<ut3r15$2rc3h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127063&group=uk.d-i-y#127063

From: wasbit@nowhere.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 10:07:34 +0000
 by: wasbit - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 10:07 UTC

On 15/03/2024 22:04, Chris Hogg wrote:
> On 15 Mar 2024 20:18:09 +0000 (GMT), Theo
> <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>>> I have a Humax HDR-Fox T2 PVR with appropriate remote. The remote can
>>> be programmed to also control basic functions such as On/Off and
>>> volume on a range of TV's, Hi-Fi units, DVD's, etc.
>>>
>>> When I had a Samsung TV, I programmed the Humax controller to control
>>> those basics and it worked fine. I only needed one remote by my chair.
>>> But I have now changed my TV to a Panasonic TX-42MZ800B, and the Humax
>>> remote doesn't control it (hardly surprising as it was set up for the
>>> Samsung). But even though I go through the routines for reprogramming
>>> the remote for Panasonic TV's (15 possible codes given in my Humax
>>> manual, 006, 098, 061, 129, 038, 023, 063, 094, 187, 251, 294, 353,
>>> 359, 279, 306), none of them seem to work. Nor does the automatic
>>> search process seem to work, as described here
>>> https://tinyurl.com/3hp3kjym
>>>
>>> Can anyone suggest how else I can reprogram my Humax remote to work
>>> with the TV, as it used to? Bearing in mind the new TV is more modern
>>> than the old one, are there other codes that I can try over and above
>>> those listed above, or do I need a modern Humax remote?
>>
>> is a feature where the remote of your TV can control your STB, DVD,
>> etc when connected via HDMI. Maybe your Panasonic remote can control your
>> PVR when that input is selected on the TV?
>>
>> Try it and see. It might need enabling in the TV and/or PVR settings.
>>
>> Theo
>
> Hmm...I'm exploring HDMI-CEC on the Panny - it looks as though they
> call it Viera Link, but I'm not getting very far! I'm not sure where
> to look on the Panny, and I'm not very clever when it comes to this
> sort of thing!

No it's not you, it's the terminology. Each manufacturer not only calls
it something different but how the instructions are applied are also
phrased differently.
A terminology phrase interpretation dictionary would be a good idea - or
of course, a standard.

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<VXeJN.14516532$ee1.14080509@fx16.ams4>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127070&group=uk.d-i-y#127070

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
From: not@for.mail (fred)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 10:59:01 GMT
 by: fred - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 10:59 UTC

"Jeff Gaines" <jgnewsid@outlook.com> wrote in news:xn0ojdybv4n9juk009
@news.individual.net:

> On 16/03/2024 in message <e5kavidb00bl01h6pbhl6ojqibppknkc0g@4ax.com>
> Chris Hogg wrote:
>
>>A quick follow-up question: will the one remote control all four of my
>>devices almost simultaneously (well, at the touch of a single button,
>>anyway) like my Humax remote does, or is it one remote for each
>>device?
>
> You can program activities:
>
> https://www.oneforall.com/en-gb/what-is-an-activity
>
> I prefer the Logitech Harmony but it would have to be a used one as
> Logitech has stopped making them :-(

I'm a big fan of the oneforall series and have an earlier version of this
one:

https://www.oneforall.com/universal-remotes/urc-7955-smart-control-5

As well as activity control you can program custom functions onto any
button to override the original device function eg. you could reprogram
the volume buttons in set top box mode to vary the TV volume instead.

Mine has been used for so long and so much that the chrome finish around
the edge (of the older model) has worn through to the plastic but I have
found it to be very well made with very positive button feel and without
degradation over its life. The 30/15s skip forward and back buttons have
seen particularly heavy use without complaint. The added bonus is that it
is a 4 battery remote giving superb IR signal strength, no need to point
it in a particular direction, it just fills the room with signal.

Going rate for that model appears to be around the 30quid mark but Argos
currently has it for �20.48.

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<xn0oje3ab4u065v00a@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127076&group=uk.d-i-y#127076

From: jgnewsid@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 16 Mar 2024 11:25:07 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 11:25 UTC

On 16/03/2024 in message <VXeJN.14516532$ee1.14080509@fx16.ams4> fred wrote:

>I'm a big fan of the oneforall series and have an earlier version of this
>one:
>
>https://www.oneforall.com/universal-remotes/urc-7955-smart-control-5
>
>As well as activity control you can program custom functions onto any
>button to override the original device function eg. you could reprogram
>the volume buttons in set top box mode to vary the TV volume instead.

Assuming my Logitech packs up before me I will probably go for One For All.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
I take full responsibility for what happened - that is why the person that

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<lb5bvitgntqqatqbvutugbabuq1cajlj9v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127081&group=uk.d-i-y#127081

From: me@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 12:51:52 +0000
 by: Chris Hogg - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 12:51 UTC

On Sat, 16 Mar 2024 08:00:11 +0000, Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 19:03:01 +0000, Davey <davey@example.invalid>
>wrote:
>>>

>>Buy a One-for-All remote control. Tescos sell them.
>
>A quick follow-up question: will the one remote control all four of my
>devices almost simultaneously (well, at the touch of a single button,
>anyway) like my Humax remote does, or is it one remote for each
>device?

Don't bother. I've Googled for them and seen what I need.

--
Chris

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<ut4kli$30g0d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127092&group=uk.d-i-y#127092

From: davey@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 17:25:05 +0000
 by: Davey - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 17:25 UTC

On 16 Mar 2024 11:25:07 GMT
"Jeff Gaines" <jgnewsid@outlook.com> wrote:

> On 16/03/2024 in message <VXeJN.14516532$ee1.14080509@fx16.ams4> fred
> wrote:
>
> >I'm a big fan of the oneforall series and have an earlier version of
> >this one:
> >
> >https://www.oneforall.com/universal-remotes/urc-7955-smart-control-5
> >
> >As well as activity control you can program custom functions onto any
> >button to override the original device function eg. you could
> >reprogram the volume buttons in set top box mode to vary the TV
> >volume instead.
>
> Assuming my Logitech packs up before me I will probably go for One
> For All.

There was one point some time ago where I wanted to control something
that the One-for-All did not talk to, and they offered to re-program it
for me if I sent it to them.

--
Davey.

Re: Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

<utcm2j$vo6h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127268&group=uk.d-i-y#127268

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 14:38:09 -0400
 by: Paul - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 18:38 UTC

On 3/16/2024 4:05 AM, Chris Hogg wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 22:04:27 +0000, Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> On 15 Mar 2024 20:18:09 +0000 (GMT), Theo
>> <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

>>> is a feature where the remote of your TV can control your STB, DVD,
>>> etc when connected via HDMI. Maybe your Panasonic remote can control your
>>> PVR when that input is selected on the TV?
>>>
>>> Try it and see. It might need enabling in the TV and/or PVR settings.
>>>
>>> Theo
>>
>> Hmm...I'm exploring HDMI-CEC on the Panny - it looks as though they
>> call it Viera Link, but I'm not getting very far! I'm not sure where
>> to look on the Panny, and I'm not very clever when it comes to this
>> sort of thing!
>
> Can't find anything about HDMI-CEC in the settings on the Panny. Even
> if it's there somewhere, I get the impression that both the Panny and
> the Humax have to have HDMI-CEC activated, and an appropriate cable
> between them. I'm not very hopeful, unless someone can give me
> specific instructions in words of one syllable.

I think this would be controlling the Panny from the Humax, as
it refers to Panny "Inputs" in the instructions.

https://tda.panasonic-europe-service.com/docs/2z65f9d6e6z1z42bd2z656ez706466z24z1cfb3dd093ee9b29508de92005852f49e43d710d/pgrp001/pcat033/tx42mz800b/1000177/TX-42MZ800B_OIF.pdf

With CEC function of your TV you can operate a
connected device with the TV remote control. This
function uses HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics
Control) to communicate with the connected devices.
Devices must support HDMI CEC and must be
connected with an HDMI connection.
In order to make use of the CEC functionality the
related option in the menu should be switched on.
To check, switch on or off the CEC function, do the
following:

Enter

Settings>Device Preferences>Inputs menu on the Home Screen

or

TV options>Settings>Device Preferences>Inputs menu in Live TV mode.

Scroll down to Consumer Electronic Control (CEC) section.

Check if the HDMI control option is switched on.

Highlight the HDMI control option and press OK
to switch on or off.

Make sure that all CEC settings are properly set up
on the connected CEC device. The CEC functionality
has different names on different brands. CEC function
might not work with all devices. If you connect a device
with HDMI CEC support to your TV, the related HDMI
input source will be renamed with the connected
device’s name.

To operate the connected CEC device, select the
related HDMI input source from the Inputs menu on
the Home Screen.

Or press the Sources button if the TV
is in Live TV mode and select the related HDMI input
source from the list.

To terminate this operation and control the TV via the
remote again, press the Source button, which will
still be functional, on the remote and switch to another source.

The TV remote is automatically able to control the
device once the connected HDMI source has been
selected. However not all buttons will be forwarded
to the device. Only devices that support CEC Remote
Control function will respond to the TV remote control.

Paul