Make headway at work. Continue to let things deteriorate at home.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

SubjectAuthor
* Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU POttavio Caruso
+- Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter Theo
+* Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter GB
|+* Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter Ottavio Caruso
||`* Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter GB
|| +- Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter The Natural Philosopher
|| +- Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter JNugent
|| `* Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter Joe
||  `- Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter The Natural Philosopher
|+* Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter JNugent
||+* Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter The Natural Philosopher
|||`* Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter alan_m
||| +- Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter Joe
||| `- Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter The Natural Philosopher
||`* Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter GB
|| +- Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter JNugent
|| `- Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “T oo Long” at the Borders to EntTim Streater
|`- Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “T oo Long” at the Borders to EntTim Streater
+- Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter JNugent
+* Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait "Too Long" at the Borders to Enter Nick Odell
|`- Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait "Too Long" at the Borders to Enter JNugent
`- Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter Colin Bignell

1
Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<utjikn$2r8lh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127415&group=uk.d-i-y#127415

From: ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com (Ottavio Caruso)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Former_British_MP_Furious_He_Has_to_Wait_“Too_Lon
g”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 09:22:30 +0000
 by: Ottavio Caruso - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 09:22 UTC

You couldn't make it up.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/former-british-mp-furious-he-has-to-wait-too-long-at-the-borders-to-enter-eu-post-brexit/

" former Conservative British Member of the Parliament has become
“absolutely furious” after having to wait for too long in line at an
airport in France, upon arrival in the country.

After first joining a really long waiting line at the airport, the name
of which he did not specify, on which EU nationals were lined, Lawson
was led to a separate queue for non-EU nations by the airport workers.
While he expected the new line to be shorter and quicker, he was
surprised to be confronted with the contrary."

"This queue then took over an hour to work its way through border
control, whereas the significantly longer EU queue was gone in 20
minutes. Many of us complained but the staff were very unhelpful and
spoke only in French."

"Why are we British treated as second-class citizens in Europe? Have
they forgotten everything we have done for the world? This is not what
patriots like Nigel Farage fought for."

Priceless.

--
Ottavio Caruso

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<QZq*ME1Fz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127430&group=uk.d-i-y#127430

From: theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too_Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit
Date: 22 Mar 2024 10:34:02 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Theo - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 10:34 UTC

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com> wrote:
> You couldn't make it up.

I think somebody did, though.

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<utjsd3$2tbj3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127447&group=uk.d-i-y#127447

From: NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re:_Former_British_MP_Furious_He_Has_to_Wait_“T
oo_Long”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 12:09:08 +0000
 by: GB - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 12:09 UTC

On 22/03/2024 09:22, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

> Priceless.

Somebody must have hacked his account. Surely?

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<utk3cm$2v6ok$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127463&group=uk.d-i-y#127463

From: ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com (Ottavio Caruso)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
oo_Long”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:08:21 +0000
 by: Ottavio Caruso - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:08 UTC

Am 22/03/2024 um 12:09 schrieb GB:
> On 22/03/2024 09:22, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>
>> Priceless.
>
> Somebody must have hacked his account. Surely?

His other personality?

--
Ottavio Caruso

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<utk4au$2vgcd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127467&group=uk.d-i-y#127467

From: NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
oo_Long”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:24:30 +0000
 by: GB - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:24 UTC

On 22/03/2024 14:08, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> Am 22/03/2024 um 12:09 schrieb GB:
>> On 22/03/2024 09:22, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>>
>>> Priceless.
>>
>> Somebody must have hacked his account. Surely?
>>

> His other personality?

You can find people making fun of Brexiteers all over the internet, so
what caught your eye about this particular one?

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<l65ld6Fafu5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127473&group=uk.d-i-y#127473

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
oo_Long”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:11:34 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:11 UTC

On 22/03/2024 09:22 am, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

> You couldn't make it up.

As already mentioned by another poster, someone did just *that*.

The story is fiction.

> https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/former-british-mp-furious-he-has-to-wait-too-long-at-the-borders-to-enter-eu-post-brexit/
>

> " former Conservative British Member of the Parliament has become
> “absolutely furious” after having to wait for too long in line at an
> airport in France, upon arrival in the country.
>
> After first joining a really long waiting line at the airport, the name
> of which he did not specify, on which EU nationals were lined, Lawson
> was led to a separate queue for non-EU nations by the airport workers.
> While he expected the new line to be shorter and quicker, he was
> surprised to be confronted with the contrary."
>
> "This queue then took over an hour to work its way through border
> control, whereas the significantly longer EU queue was gone in 20
> minutes. Many of us complained but the staff were very unhelpful and
> spoke only in French."
>
> "Why are we British treated as second-class citizens in Europe? Have
> they forgotten everything we have done for the world? This is not what
> patriots like Nigel Farage fought for."
>
> Priceless.

Well, I certainly wouldn't pay for it, so you might be right on that.

Google Sir Godfrey Lawson" - all you'll get is references to this story
and mentioned of other people called "Godfrey" or "Lawson".

Other versions of this story (a good word, that) say that he was the MP
for "Pennineshire" and for HM Treasury.

A. The Treasury doesn't elect an MP and is not a Parliamentary constituency.

B. Google "Pennineshire". Go on... do it. All you'll get is:

(1) references back to this fiction you posted,

(ii) references to an imaginary map someone proposes for parts of
Yorkshire, and

(iii) something on a chav-cycling web-site (enough said).

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<utk74j$303bj$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127474&group=uk.d-i-y#127474

From: tnp@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
oo_Long”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:12:19 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:12 UTC

On 22/03/2024 14:24, GB wrote:
> On 22/03/2024 14:08, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

>>> Somebody must have hacked his account. Surely?
>>>

>> His other personality?
>>

> You can find people making fun of Brexiteers all over the internet,

Its desperately sad isnt it, they cant accept that they were wrong to
vote to stay, even after its paytenttly obvious that there were very few
if any reasons to stay.

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<l65lf7Fafu5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127475&group=uk.d-i-y#127475

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
oo_Long”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:12:39 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:12 UTC

On 22/03/2024 12:09 pm, GB wrote:

> On 22/03/2024 09:22, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>
>> Priceless.
>
> Somebody must have hacked his account. Surely?

What account?

Does he exist?

For that matter, does Pennineshire exist? And does HM Treasury elect an
MP? :-)

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<l65lgkFafu5U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127476&group=uk.d-i-y#127476

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
oo_Long”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:13:24 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:13 UTC

On 22/03/2024 02:24 pm, GB wrote:
> On 22/03/2024 14:08, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

>>> Somebody must have hacked his account. Surely?
>>>

>> His other personality?
>>

> You can find people making fun of Brexiteers all over the internet, so
> what caught your eye about this particular one?

Good question.

After all, it's nine days too early.

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<utk7bj$303bj$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127477&group=uk.d-i-y#127477

From: tnp@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
oo_Long”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:16:03 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:16 UTC

On 22/03/2024 15:12, JNugent wrote:
> On 22/03/2024 12:09 pm, GB wrote:
>
>> On 22/03/2024 09:22, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>>
>>> Priceless.
>>
>> Somebody must have hacked his account. Surely?
>
> What account?
>
> Does he exist?
>
> For that matter, does Pennineshire exist? And does HM Treasury elect an
> MP? :-)
Remainers will believe anything negative said about Brexit unquestioningly.
In fact they believe almost everything they read in the Guardian
unquestioningly.

--
"If you don’t read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<utk7t3$30b21$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127480&group=uk.d-i-y#127480

From: NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
oo_Long”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:25:24 +0000
 by: GB - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:25 UTC

On 22/03/2024 15:12, JNugent wrote:
> On 22/03/2024 12:09 pm, GB wrote:
>
>> On 22/03/2024 09:22, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>>
>>> Priceless.
>>
>> Somebody must have hacked his account. Surely?
>
> What account?
>
> Does he exist?

It's clearly a spoof, but I assumed the account was set up by a
Brexiteer and it had been hacked by a Remainer. Otherwise, it made no
sense for the OP to post it at all.

> For that matter, does Pennineshire exist? And does HM Treasury elect an
> MP? :-)

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<l65n41Fanr9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127483&group=uk.d-i-y#127483

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
oo_Long”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:40:49 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:40 UTC

On 22/03/2024 03:25 pm, GB wrote:

> On 22/03/2024 15:12, JNugent wrote:

>>> Somebody must have hacked his account. Surely?
>
>> What account?
>> Does he exist?

> It's clearly a spoof, but I assumed the account was set up by a
> Brexiteer and it had been hacked by a Remainer. Otherwise, it made no
> sense for the OP to post it at all.

There will be those who, having read it, so want to believe it that it
becomes their truth.

The Guardian's readership (most of it) to a T.

>> For that matter, does Pennineshire exist? And does HM Treasury elect
>> an MP? :-)

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<20240322154138.5f5a88c2@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127485&group=uk.d-i-y#127485

From: joe@jretrading.com (Joe)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too
Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:41:38 +0000
 by: Joe - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:41 UTC

On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:24:30 +0000
GB <NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid> wrote:

> On 22/03/2024 14:08, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

> >> Somebody must have hacked his account. Surely?
> >>

> > His other personality?
> >

> You can find people making fun of Brexiteers all over the internet,
> so what caught your eye about this particular one?

Seems odd that nobody has queried why a delay of an hour for *anyone*
getting off a plane might be considered acceptable in a supposedly
developed country.

Unless there's something missing from the picture, such as a large
jetliner diverted for some reason to a general aviation field which
doesn't normally handle international arrivals.

Or as suggested, the whole thing is made-up clickbait to attract people
like Ottavio.

--
Joe

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<l65n60Fad98U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127486&group=uk.d-i-y#127486

From: junk@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
oo_Long”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:41:52 +0000
 by: alan_m - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:41 UTC

> Remainers will believe anything negative said about Brexit unquestioningly.
> In fact they believe almost everything they read in the Guardian
> unquestioningly.

It's not just remainers that believe everything they read in that
newspaper - it's the majority of Guardian readers irrespective of how
they voted in the referendum.

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<20240322155847.749c5d19@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127494&group=uk.d-i-y#127494

From: joe@jretrading.com (Joe)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:58:47 +0000
 by: Joe - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:58 UTC

On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:41:52 +0000
alan_m <junk@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

> On 22/03/2024 15:16, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>

> > Remainers will believe anything negative said about Brexit
> > unquestioningly. In fact they believe almost everything they read
> > in the Guardian unquestioningly.
> >

> It's not just remainers that believe everything they read in that
> newspaper - it's the majority of Guardian readers irrespective of how
> they voted in the referendum.

Mmmm, theoretically, I suppose. I just find it difficult to imagine a
Guardian reader in favour of smaller government.

--
Joe

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<utkb4b$313bu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127496&group=uk.d-i-y#127496

From: tnp@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
oo_Long”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:20:27 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:20 UTC

On 22/03/2024 15:41, Joe wrote:
> Seems odd that nobody has queried why a delay of an hour for*anyone*
> getting off a plane might be considered acceptable in a supposedly
> developed country.

It's more than normal for some countries.
ISTR that was what it took to get onto French soil PRE brexit.
And UK on the return trip

Mostly because the UK/EU passport lane was clogged with people with EU
passports

private property.

Karl Marx

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<utkb6e$313bu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127497&group=uk.d-i-y#127497

From: tnp@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
oo_Long”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:21:34 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:21 UTC

On 22/03/2024 15:41, alan_m wrote:
> On 22/03/2024 15:16, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>

>> Remainers will believe anything negative said about Brexit
>> unquestioningly.
>> In fact they believe almost everything they read in the Guardian
>> unquestioningly.
>>

> It's not just remainers that believe everything they read in that
> newspaper - it's the majority of Guardian readers irrespective of how
> they voted in the referendum.

But Guardian readers ARE remoaners, by definition. The Guardian told
them brexit would be a disaster, and they believed it

--
"The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow witted
man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest

- Leo Tolstoy

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “T oo Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit (was: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait ???T oo Long??? at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit)

<l65s4cFbfvjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127504&group=uk.d-i-y#127504

From: tim@streater.me.uk (Tim Streater)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 22 Mar 2024 17:06:20 GMT
 by: Tim Streater - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:06 UTC

On 22 Mar 2024 at 12:09:08 GMT, "GB" <NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid> wrote:

> On 22/03/2024 09:22, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>
>> Priceless.
>
> Somebody must have hacked his account. Surely?

Whose? Enrico's?

--
"What causes poverty?" Wrong question. Poverty is our primordial state. The real question is, "What causes wealth?"

Hint: it ain't Socialism.

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “T oo Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit (was: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait ???T oo Long??? at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit)

<l65s77Fbg81U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127505&group=uk.d-i-y#127505

From: tim@streater.me.uk (Tim Streater)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 22 Mar 2024 17:07:51 GMT
 by: Tim Streater - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:07 UTC

On 22 Mar 2024 at 15:25:24 GMT, "GB" <NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid> wrote:

> On 22/03/2024 15:12, JNugent wrote:

>>> Somebody must have hacked his account. Surely?
>>
>> What account?
>>
>> Does he exist?
>
> It's clearly a spoof, but I assumed the account was set up by a
> Brexiteer and it had been hacked by a Remainer. Otherwise, it made no
> sense for the OP to post it at all.

It ever makes any sense for the OP to post anything at all. And what he does
post makes no sense.

--
"Once you adopt the unix paradigm, the variants cease to be a problem - you bitch, of course, but that's because bitching is fun, unlike M$ OS's, where bitching is required to keep your head from exploding." - S Stremler in afc

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait "Too Long" at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<3g5svip9snhgj6m1dt1kehj83l4vg3enrd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127550&group=uk.d-i-y#127550

From: nickodell49@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 23:37:12 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 23:37 UTC

On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 09:22:30 +0000, Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com> wrote:

>You couldn't make it up.
>
>https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/former-british-mp-furious-he-has-to-wait-too-long-at-the-borders-to-enter-eu-post-brexit/
>
>" former Conservative British Member of the Parliament has become
>“absolutely furious” after having to wait for too long in line at an
>airport in France, upon arrival in the country.
>
>After first joining a really long waiting line at the airport, the name
>of which he did not specify, on which EU nationals were lined, Lawson
>was led to a separate queue for non-EU nations by the airport workers.
>While he expected the new line to be shorter and quicker, he was
>surprised to be confronted with the contrary."
>
>"This queue then took over an hour to work its way through border
>control, whereas the significantly longer EU queue was gone in 20
>minutes. Many of us complained but the staff were very unhelpful and
>spoke only in French."
>
>"Why are we British treated as second-class citizens in Europe? Have
>they forgotten everything we have done for the world? This is not what
>patriots like Nigel Farage fought for."
>
>Priceless.

Looks like schengenvisainfo must be published by the same people as
the Suffolk Gazette. Pennineshire indeed?

Nick

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait "Too Long" at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<l682b3FllpaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127572&group=uk.d-i-y#127572

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait "Too Long" at the
Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 13:04:34 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 13:04 UTC

On 22/03/2024 11:37 pm, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 09:22:30 +0000, Ottavio Caruso
> <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> You couldn't make it up.
>>
>> https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/former-british-mp-furious-he-has-to-wait-too-long-at-the-borders-to-enter-eu-post-brexit/
>>
>> " former Conservative British Member of the Parliament has become
>> “absolutely furious” after having to wait for too long in line at an
>> airport in France, upon arrival in the country.
>>
>> After first joining a really long waiting line at the airport, the name
>> of which he did not specify, on which EU nationals were lined, Lawson
>> was led to a separate queue for non-EU nations by the airport workers.
>> While he expected the new line to be shorter and quicker, he was
>> surprised to be confronted with the contrary."
>>
>> "This queue then took over an hour to work its way through border
>> control, whereas the significantly longer EU queue was gone in 20
>> minutes. Many of us complained but the staff were very unhelpful and
>> spoke only in French."
>>
>> "Why are we British treated as second-class citizens in Europe? Have
>> they forgotten everything we have done for the world? This is not what
>> patriots like Nigel Farage fought for."
>>
>> Priceless.
>
> Looks like schengenvisainfo must be published by the same people as
> the Suffolk Gazette. Pennineshire indeed?

And "MP for HM Treasury".

Re: Former British MP Furious He Has to Wait “Too Long” at the Borders to Enter EU Post-Brexit

<wyidnXcMqKLor2L4nZ2dnZeNn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127626&group=uk.d-i-y#127626

Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 19:50:18 +0000
oo_Long”_at_the_Borders_to_Enter_EU_Post-Brexit
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
From: cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk (Colin Bignell)
 by: Colin Bignell - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 19:50 UTC

On 22/03/2024 09:22, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> You couldn't make it up.
>
> https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/former-british-mp-furious-he-has-to-wait-too-long-at-the-borders-to-enter-eu-post-brexit/
>
> " former Conservative British Member of the Parliament has become
> “absolutely furious” after having to wait for too long in line at an
> airport in France, upon arrival in the country.
>
> After first joining a really long waiting line at the airport, the name
> of which he did not specify, on which EU nationals were lined, Lawson
> was led to a separate queue for non-EU nations by the airport workers.
> While he expected the new line to be shorter and quicker, he was
> surprised to be confronted with the contrary."
>
> "This queue then took over an hour to work its way through border
> control, whereas the significantly longer EU queue was gone in 20
> minutes. Many of us complained but the staff were very unhelpful and
> spoke only in French."
>
> "Why are we British treated as second-class citizens in Europe? Have
> they forgotten everything we have done for the world? This is not what
> patriots like Nigel Farage fought for."
>
> Priceless.

The whole X account is a satirical parody, It says so in the personal
details given.

--
Colin Bignell