Suicide is simply a case of mistaken identity.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Would you believe it

SubjectAuthor
* Would you believe itSmolley
+- Re: Would you believe itChris Hogg
+* Re: Would you believe itThe Natural Philosopher
|`- Re: Would you believe itFredxx
`* Re: Would you believe itSmolley
 `* Re: Would you believe itThe Natural Philosopher
  +- Re: Would you believe italan_m
  +- Re: Would you believe itSpike
  `* Re: Would you believe itFredxx
   `* Re: Would you believe itColin Bignell
    +- Re: Would you believe itFredxx
    `* Re: Would you believe itThe Natural Philosopher
     +- Re: Would you believe itFredxx
     `- Re: Would you believe itRod Speed

1
Would you believe it

<utru41$13usu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127711&group=uk.d-i-y#127711

From: me@rest.uk (Smolley)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Would you believe it
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 13:27:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Smolley - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 13:27 UTC

“White phosphorus isn’t like a bullet or targeted ammunition, it's made to
make land uninhabitable,” Antoine Kallab, associate director of the AUB
Nature Conservation Center (AUB-NCC), said at a recent panel on white
phosphorus, adding that images show its effects spread, they do not stay
contained to “targeted locations”.

“[The Israeli military] knows well that white phosphorus is detrimental,
that it reignites at much later instances, and the toxic effects [it has]
on the environment,” Baalbaki said.

Re: Would you believe it

<ia430jp8l31jd4fjm7u5rahvh5bq8jeqda@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127714&group=uk.d-i-y#127714

From: me@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Would you believe it
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:03:38 +0000
 by: Chris Hogg - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:03 UTC

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 13:27:29 -0000 (UTC), Smolley <me@rest.uk> wrote:

>“White phosphorus isn’t like a bullet or targeted ammunition, it's made to
>make land uninhabitable,” Antoine Kallab, associate director of the AUB
>Nature Conservation Center (AUB-NCC), said at a recent panel on white
>phosphorus, adding that images show its effects spread, they do not stay
>contained to “targeted locations”.
>
>“[The Israeli military] knows well that white phosphorus is detrimental,
>that it reignites at much later instances, and the toxic effects [it has]
>on the environment,” Baalbaki said.

In war, white phosphorus is widely used for a range of purposes and
applications. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_phosphorus_munitions

--
Chris

Re: Would you believe it

<uts6v7$163q2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127718&group=uk.d-i-y#127718

From: tnp@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:58:31 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:58 UTC

On 25/03/2024 13:27, Smolley wrote:
> “White phosphorus isn’t like a bullet or targeted ammunition, it's made to
> make land uninhabitable,” Antoine Kallab, associate director of the AUB
> Nature Conservation Center (AUB-NCC), said at a recent panel on white
> phosphorus, adding that images show its effects spread, they do not stay
> contained to “targeted locations”.
>
> “[The Israeli military] knows well that white phosphorus is detrimental,
> that it reignites at much later instances, and the toxic effects [it has]
> on the environment,” Baalbaki said

So why are Hamas using it against their own people then?
--
I would rather have questions that cannot be answered...
....than to have answers that cannot be questioned

Richard Feynman

Re: Would you believe it

<utsosu$1acqa$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127765&group=uk.d-i-y#127765

From: fredxx@spam.invalid (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 21:04:30 +0000
 by: Fredxx - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 21:04 UTC

> On 25/03/2024 13:27, Smolley wrote:
>> “White phosphorus isn’t like a bullet or targeted ammunition, it's
>> made to
>> make land uninhabitable,” Antoine Kallab, associate director of the AUB
>> Nature Conservation Center (AUB-NCC), said at a recent panel on white
>> phosphorus, adding that images show its effects spread, they do not stay
>> contained to “targeted locations”.
>>
>> “[The Israeli military] knows well that white phosphorus is detrimental,
>> that it reignites at much later instances, and the toxic effects [it has]
>> on the environment,” Baalbaki said
>
> So why are Hamas using it against their own people then?

There are many articles of Israel using white phosphorus in Gazza but
not seen any of Hamas using it.

Feel free to cite any reputable source, I know you can't.

Re: Would you believe it

<utu37p$1ne8n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127793&group=uk.d-i-y#127793

From: me@rest.uk (Smolley)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 09:07:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Smolley - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 09:07 UTC

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 13:27:29 +0000, Smolley wrote:

> “White phosphorus isn’t like a bullet or targeted ammunition, it's made
> to make land uninhabitable,” Antoine Kallab, associate director of the
> AUB Nature Conservation Center (AUB-NCC), said at a recent panel on
> white phosphorus, adding that images show its effects spread, they do
> not stay contained to “targeted locations”.
>
> “[The Israeli military] knows well that white phosphorus is detrimental,
> that it reignites at much later instances, and the toxic effects [it
> has]
> on the environment,” Baalbaki said.

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/longform/2024/3/25/israels-toxic-legacy-
bombing-southern-lebanon-with-white-phosphorus

Re: Would you believe it

<utu7a4$1oe2o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127797&group=uk.d-i-y#127797

From: tnp@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 10:16:36 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 10:16 UTC

On 26/03/2024 09:07, Smolley wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 13:27:29 +0000, Smolley wrote:
>
>> “White phosphorus isn’t like a bullet or targeted ammunition, it's made
>> to make land uninhabitable,” Antoine Kallab, associate director of the
>> AUB Nature Conservation Center (AUB-NCC), said at a recent panel on
>> white phosphorus, adding that images show its effects spread, they do
>> not stay contained to “targeted locations”.
>>
>> “[The Israeli military] knows well that white phosphorus is detrimental,
>> that it reignites at much later instances, and the toxic effects [it
>> has]
>> on the environment,” Baalbaki said.
>
> https://www.aljazeera.com/features/longform/2024/3/25/israels-toxic-legacy-
> bombing-southern-lebanon-with-white-phosphorus

Al Jazeera, that well known bastion of Western rational thought and
scientific accuracy....

--
I would rather have questions that cannot be answered...
....than to have answers that cannot be questioned

Richard Feynman

Re: Would you believe it

<l6fudoFrr7tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127809&group=uk.d-i-y#127809

From: junk@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 12:46:48 +0000
 by: alan_m - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 12:46 UTC

> https://www.aljazeera.com/features/longform/2024/3/25/israels-toxic-legacy-
> bombing-southern-lebanon-with-white-phosphorus

quote
That should not have happened. The samples had been dropped over Kfar
Kila on October 17 and collected on November 10 after it had rained in
the area.

They had been “spent” for nearly a month by the time Baalbaki tested them.
/quote

When the 3rd London airport was going to be built on Maplin Sand in the
Thames estuary I had a summer job clearing ordinance* from the mud.

Maplin sands has been used for centenaries as a military testing range
and by the Germans during the two world wars for mine laying.

It was not unusual for shrapnel put in the crates for later disposal to
catch fire, and not necessarily just after it had been dug up. Yes, the
phosphorus may have been kept wet/damp whilst still embedded in the mud
for many (tens) of years but the act of digging it up and and tossing it
in a crate also may have cracked open a pocket that may have been sealed.

* More a case of using a sensitive metal detector, establishing the
approximate depth, digging down and if anything looked remotely
suspicious calling in the army bomb disposal personnel who were always
on site.

Re: Would you believe it

<l6g2oaFskaaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127811&group=uk.d-i-y#127811

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 26 Mar 2024 14:00:42 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 14:00 UTC

The Natural Philosopher <tnp@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 26/03/2024 09:07, Smolley wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 13:27:29 +0000, Smolley wrote:

>>> “White phosphorus isn’t like a bullet or targeted ammunition, it's made
>>> to make land uninhabitable,” Antoine Kallab, associate director of the
>>> AUB Nature Conservation Center (AUB-NCC), said at a recent panel on
>>> white phosphorus, adding that images show its effects spread, they do
>>> not stay contained to “targeted locations”.

>>> “[The Israeli military] knows well that white phosphorus is detrimental,
>>> that it reignites at much later instances, and the toxic effects [it
>>> has] on the environment,” Baalbaki said.

>> https://www.aljazeera.com/features/longform/2024/3/25/israels-toxic-legacy-
bombing-southern-lebanon-with-white-phosphorus

> Al Jazeera, that well known bastion of Western rational thought and scientific accuracy....

Dietary phosphorus has probably killed far more people than military
phosphorus.

--
Spike

Re: Would you believe it

<utv8fn$2a0od$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127841&group=uk.d-i-y#127841

From: fredxx@spam.invalid (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 19:42:48 +0000
 by: Fredxx - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 19:42 UTC

> On 26/03/2024 09:07, Smolley wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 13:27:29 +0000, Smolley wrote:
>>
>>> “White phosphorus isn’t like a bullet or targeted ammunition, it's made
>>> to make land uninhabitable,” Antoine Kallab, associate director of the
>>> AUB Nature Conservation Center (AUB-NCC), said at a recent panel on
>>> white phosphorus, adding that images show its effects spread, they do
>>> not stay contained to “targeted locations”.
>>>
>>> “[The Israeli military] knows well that white phosphorus is detrimental,
>>> that it reignites at much later instances, and the toxic effects [it
>>> has]
>>> on the environment,” Baalbaki said.
>>
>> https://www.aljazeera.com/features/longform/2024/3/25/israels-toxic-legacy-
>> bombing-southern-lebanon-with-white-phosphorus
>
> Al Jazeera, that well known bastion of Western rational thought and
> scientific accuracy....

You mean they simply regurgitate articles you'd rather not read or even
hear about?
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/10/lebanon-evidence-of-israels-unlawful-use-of-white-phosphorus-in-southern-lebanon-as-cross-border-hostilities-escalate/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2023/12/11/israel-us-white-phosphorus-lebanon/

So who would your favoured news host be? The BBC?

Once again you're burying your head in the sand to substantiated facts.

Re: Would you believe it

<XR-dnYm4WLjetZ77nZ2dnZeNn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127842&group=uk.d-i-y#127842

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 19:55:49 +0000
From: cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk (Colin Bignell)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
 by: Colin Bignell - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 19:55 UTC

On 26/03/2024 19:42, Fredxx wrote:
> So who would your favoured news host be? The BBC?..

I very much doubt that. GB News would be my guess

--
Colin Bignell

Re: Would you believe it

<utvb23$2av5t$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127847&group=uk.d-i-y#127847

From: fredxx@spam.invalid (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 20:26:44 +0000
 by: Fredxx - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 20:26 UTC

On 26/03/2024 19:55, Colin Bignell wrote:
> On 26/03/2024 19:42, Fredxx wrote:
>> So who would your favoured news host be? The BBC?..
>
> I very much doubt that. GB News would be my guess

I doubt he'd listen to GB News after articles like this:
https://www.gbnews.com/lifestyle/electric-car-fire-petrol-diesel-luton-airport-blaze

"It shows how electric cars are 20 times less likely to result in fines".

I presume they actually meant "fires" but couldn't bring themselves to
say fires?

Re: Would you believe it

<uu0s90$2pi2n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127890&group=uk.d-i-y#127890

From: tnp@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 10:26:39 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 10:26 UTC

On 26/03/2024 19:55, Colin Bignell wrote:
> On 26/03/2024 19:42, Fredxx wrote:
>> So who would your favoured news host be? The BBC?..
>
> I very much doubt that. GB News would be my guess

GB News is Ok.. but even they are overly concerned with woke issues even
if they take the opposite (common sense) view.

In reality if you want to know what is going on, you have to trawl the
recondite corners of the Internet to find people who have no particular
axe to grind, who know something, and can be bothered to write it up.

One of my favourite you tube channels did a write up on a hybrid truck
retrofit kit yesterday. He essentially proved that it would never pay
back . Like me, he has an engineering degree.

That video has *simply vanished* today.

I don't think people who have never run up against the Establishment, or
serious commercial interests, realise how scary and powerful they can be.

If you want to *really* be *woke* you have to realise that to say the
vast majority of all media everywhere, scientific papers, news reports
etc, is in fact only allowed and paid for of it conforms to a certain
set of narratives.

If it doesn't, it's Dr Kelly for you my lad. Or a hotel window in
Russia. Or unexpected bowel cancer.

This isn't a paranoid conspiracy theory, it's just business common sense.

It takes a very ruthless psychopathic sort of person to get to the top,
and once there, leopards do not change their spots.

--
“I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the
greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most

― Leo Tolstoy

Re: Would you believe it

<uu112d$2qhns$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127908&group=uk.d-i-y#127908

From: fredxx@spam.invalid (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 11:48:29 +0000
 by: Fredxx - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 11:48 UTC

> On 26/03/2024 19:55, Colin Bignell wrote:
>> On 26/03/2024 19:42, Fredxx wrote:
>>> So who would your favoured news host be? The BBC?..
>>
>> I very much doubt that. GB News would be my guess
>>
> GB News is Ok.. but even they are overly concerned with woke issues even
> if they take the opposite (common sense) view.
>
> In reality if you want to know what is going on, you have to trawl the
> recondite corners of the Internet to find people who have no particular
> axe to grind, who know something, and can be bothered to write it up.
>
> One of my favourite you tube channels did a write up on a hybrid truck
> retrofit kit yesterday. He essentially proved that it would never pay
> back . Like me, he has an engineering degree.
>
> That video has *simply vanished* today.
>
> I don't think people who have never run up against the Establishment, or
> serious commercial interests, realise how scary and powerful they can be.
>
> If you want to *really* be *woke* you have to realise that to say the
> vast majority of all media everywhere, scientific papers, news reports
> etc, is in fact only allowed and paid for of it conforms to a certain
> set of narratives.
>
> If it doesn't, it's Dr Kelly for you my lad. Or a hotel window in
> Russia. Or unexpected bowel cancer.
>
> This isn't a paranoid conspiracy theory, it's just business common sense.

Now this chap had a real sense of business common sense. We should all
exalt his achievements. I'm sure his grandchild did:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/inventor-sir-clive-sinclair-snubs-28474421

> It takes a very ruthless psychopathic sort of person to get to the top,
> and once there, leopards do not change their spots.

Yep, that is called true "business common sense".

Re: Would you believe it

<op.2la2blmtbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127974&group=uk.d-i-y#127974

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 05:43:59 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 18:43 UTC

On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 21:26:39 +1100, The Natural Philosopher
<tnp@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> On 26/03/2024 19:55, Colin Bignell wrote:
>> On 26/03/2024 19:42, Fredxx wrote:
>>> So who would your favoured news host be? The BBC?..
>> I very much doubt that. GB News would be my guess
>>
> GB News is Ok.. but even they are overly concerned with woke issues even
> if they take the opposite (common sense) view.
>
> In reality if you want to know what is going on, you have to trawl the
> recondite corners of the Internet to find people who have no particular
> axe to grind, who know something, and can be bothered to write it up.
>
> One of my favourite you tube channels did a write up on a hybrid truck
> retrofit kit yesterday. He essentially proved that it would never pay
> back . Like me, he has an engineering degree.

> That video has *simply vanished* today.

Presumably because he realised he stuffed up
and couldnt actually substantiate his claim.

> I don't think people who have never run up against the Establishment, or
> serious commercial interests, realise how scary and powerful they can be.
>
> If you want to *really* be *woke* you have to realise that to say the
> vast majority of all media everywhere, scientific papers, news reports
> etc, is in fact only allowed and paid for of it conforms to a certain
> set of narratives.
>
> If it doesn't, it's Dr Kelly for you my lad. Or a hotel window in
> Russia. Or unexpected bowel cancer.

> This isn't a paranoid conspiracy theory,

Corse it is.

> it's just business common sense.

Yeah, yeah, that's why the CIA executed JFK.

> It takes a very ruthless psychopathic sort of person to get to the top,

How odd that Boris couldnt even managed to avoid getting the
bums rush. Blair and Brown too. Even Maggie and Churchill.

> and once there, leopards do not change their spots.

But they can get shot.