From: wibble@btinternet.com (David)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: How do you tell if bricks are facing or engineering?
Date: 29 Mar 2024 13:22:32 GMT
 by: David - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 13:22 UTC

I've had a store of left over new bricks since the extension in 2012.
The reds are obviously facing - I can see them in the external walls - but
I have no recollection of where the yellow bricks were used.

How do you tell if they are facing or engineering bricks?

Cheers

Dave R

--
AMD FX-6300 in GA-990X-Gaming SLI-CF running Windows 10 x64

Re: How do you tell if bricks are facing or engineering?

<qI3gI2+S2sBmFAeE@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=128103&group=uk.d-i-y#128103

From: roland@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:17:54 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:17 UTC

In message <l6ntkoFm4nnU5@mid.individual.net>, at 13:22:32 on Fri, 29
Mar 2024, David <wibble@btinternet.com> remarked:
>I've had a store of left over new bricks since the extension in 2012.
>The reds are obviously facing - I can see them in the external walls - but
>I have no recollection of where the yellow bricks were used.
>
>How do you tell if they are facing or engineering bricks?

Engineering bricks have almost polished surfaces, and are about twice
the density of facing bricks.
--
Roland Perry