From: cl@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Parkside 12 volt compatibility
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 11:55:04 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 10:55 UTC

I have recently bought a (Lidl) "PARKSIDE PERFORMANCE®
Perceuse-visseuse sans fil 12 V" and really like it. It's compact, it
has a proper self-locking chuck, and it was a reasonable price.

It says it's from the "PARKSIDE PERFORMANCE" series. There seem to be
two 12v 'series' "PARSIDE PERFORMANCE" and ""PARKSIDE X 12 V Team"
does anyone know if these are compatible (batteries and chargers)?

I'm aiming to buy some more of these 12v tools if I can as they suit
me perfectly, the nice, compact 12v batteries are so much handier than
the great 'mushroom ended' 20v series.

As an aside, I bought the above in France, on-line from Lidl which is
very handy. You don't have to go searching around "the middle of
Lidl" to see if you can find what you want. They deliver to lockers
there (in France) so you don't need a French address, delivery to
locker is just 1.99 Euros.

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Parkside 12 volt compatibility

<Txv*5h2Gz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=128386&group=uk.d-i-y#128386

From: theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Parkside 12 volt compatibility
Date: 03 Apr 2024 17:46:29 +0100 (BST)
 by: Theo - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 16:46 UTC

Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
> I have recently bought a (Lidl) "PARKSIDE PERFORMANCE®
> Perceuse-visseuse sans fil 12 V" and really like it. It's compact, it
> has a proper self-locking chuck, and it was a reasonable price.
>
> It says it's from the "PARKSIDE PERFORMANCE" series. There seem to be
> two 12v 'series' "PARSIDE PERFORMANCE" and ""PARKSIDE X 12 V Team"
> does anyone know if these are compatible (batteries and chargers)?

I don't know anything about specific models, but AIUI most 3-cell 12V
lithium ion batteries are electrically similar: 3x 18650 cells in a
gun-magazine style triangular prism package. The charger is a 12.8V CC/CV
supply, and the battery has a BMS for balancing and protection. There are
usually three terminals which are +, - and thermistor.

Aside from potentially thermistor value (I'd guess 10K at some standard
beta), it really comes down to whether the plastics fit. If you search '3s
battery case' on Aliexpress there are a variety of case + BMS kits to which
you can supply your own 18650 cells. Your guess is as good as mine as to
whether the plastics will fit your tools, or whether they will need some
'persuasion'.

Theo