From: simon.ferrol@englandmail.com (Simon Ferrol)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: How do you clean laminate wooden floor?
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 09:19:51 +0100
 by: Simon Ferrol - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 08:19 UTC

I am lucky that previous tenant installed laminate wooden floor in my
council flat. It is still reasonably ok, but it starts to show its age.

Cleaning it is a mess. It attracts a lot of dust and mopping it destroys
my mops (I have changed 4 mops in 9 months).

I was thinking of buying one a wet vacuum, but a) they are expensive AF
and b) I am not sure if they will damage the laminate.

Any input on this?

Re: How do you clean laminate wooden floor?

<l72hrfFnkoqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=128326&group=uk.d-i-y#128326

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: How do you clean laminate wooden floor?
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:08:48 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:08 UTC

On 02/04/2024 09:19 am, Simon Ferrol wrote:

> I am lucky that previous tenant installed laminate wooden floor in my
> council flat. It is still reasonably ok, but it starts to show its age.
>
> Cleaning it is a mess. It attracts a lot of dust and mopping it destroys
> my mops (I have changed 4 mops in 9 months).
>
> I was thinking of buying one a wet vacuum, but a) they are expensive AF
> and b) I am not sure if they will damage the laminate.
>
> Any input on this?

How does mopping a relatively smooth surface destroy mop-heads?

If visible dust is a problem, what about a cheap vacuum cleaner?

Re: How do you clean laminate wooden floor?

<l72iooFnqdpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=128327&group=uk.d-i-y#128327

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 2 Apr 2024 14:24:24 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:24 UTC

Simon Ferrol <simon.ferrol@englandmail.com> wrote:
> I am lucky that previous tenant installed laminate wooden floor in my
> council flat. It is still reasonably ok, but it starts to show its age.
>
> Cleaning it is a mess. It attracts a lot of dust and mopping it destroys
> my mops (I have changed 4 mops in 9 months).
>
> I was thinking of buying one a wet vacuum, but a) they are expensive AF
> and b) I am not sure if they will damage the laminate.
>
> Any input on this?

Get a robot vacuum cleaner?

--
Spike