Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: Murderous wingnut Balwin settles $25 million defamation lawsuit
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 12:58:45 -0500
 by: JeSSe - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:58 UTC

POS will always be POS, trying to cancel and threaten the sister of a
dead USMC vet simply because she supports Trump

````````````````````````````````````

Alec Baldwin settles $25 million defamation lawsuit with sister of
Marine killed in Afghanistan withdrawal after claiming she was part of
January 6 riots

Actor Alec Baldwin has reportedly settled a defamation case with
the family of Rylee McCollum, a Marine who was killed in the Kabul
Airport bombing in 2021
Baldwin made a $5,000 donation to the family at the time via GoFundMe
The 65-year-old later found out the marine's sister Roice had been
at the January 6 Capitol riot, and labelled her an 'insurrectionist' and
'rioter'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12806675/Alec-Baldwin-settles-25-million-defamation-lawsuit-sister-Marine-killed-Afghanistan-withdrawal-claiming-January-6-riots.html

Re: Murderous wingnut Balwin settles $25 million defamation lawsuit

<20231201190112.00007b3e@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12932&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#12932

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 19:01:12 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 19:01 UTC

On Fri, 1 Dec 2023 12:58:45 -0500
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Alec Baldwin settles $25 million defamation lawsuit with sister of
> Marine killed in Afghanistan withdrawal after claiming she was part
> of January 6 riots

Utter anti-Baldwin spin.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/family-marine-killed-afghanistan-fails-win-lawsuit-alec-baldwin-rcna127557

<quotes>

Alec Baldwin didn't have to pay anything to resolve a $25 million lawsuit filed by family members of a Marine killed in Afghanistan after the actor chastised them on social media over the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S.. Capitol, Baldwin’s attorney said.

U.S. Southern District of New York Judge Edgardo Ramos in August dismissed the lawsuit sought by the wife and sisters of Lance Cpl. Rylee McCollum, of Jackson, Wyoming.

To prove her case as a limited public figure, McCollum needed to show that Baldwin acted with malice toward her. She did not, so Baldwin's comments were protected under his free-speech rights, Ramos ruled.

When the McCollum family didn't file an amended lawsuit as Ramos invited to do before a September deadline, the judge closed the case in October.

</quotes>