From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Rwanda rejects Sunak's Rwanda deportation law
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 18:44:35 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 18:44 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67641805

<quotes>

A draft law, which aims to enable the government's flagship Rwanda policy to go ahead, gives ministers the power to disregard some human rights law.

The draft legislation concedes that it may not be compatible with minimum human rights safeguards.

Legislation rarely goes before MPs with such a legal warning.

The warning in the new Rwanda bill means lawyers have told ministers the measures could still be legally challenged - and the Supreme Court could find them incompatible with human rights obligations and therefore unworkable.

Rwanda's foreign affairs minister Vincent Biruta said the country would not be able to continue with the scheme "without lawful behaviour by the UK".

He said: "It has always been important to both Rwanda and the UK that our rule of law partnership meets the highest standards of international law, and it places obligations on both the UK and Rwanda to act lawfully."

</quotes>

As Cleverly said; it's bat shit crazy.

But it is pantomime season.

Re: Rwanda rejects Sunak's Rwanda deportation law

<20231206200531.00001865@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13134&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13134

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Rwanda rejects Sunak's Rwanda deportation law
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 20:05:31 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 20:05 UTC

On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 18:44:35 +0000
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> But it is pantomime season.

He's behind you!

Oh no he's not; Jenrick, Immigration Minister, has thrown his toys out of his pram and resigned.