From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Israel is her own worse enemy
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 14:18:46 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 8 Dec 2023 14:18 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67659296

<quotes>

With fighting raging around Khan Younis and in the north of Gaza, a video has emerged on social media showing dozens of Palestinian men detained by Israel.

The footage, verified by the BBC, shows them stripped to their underwear, kneeling on the ground and being guarded by Israeli soldiers.

One of the men identified as having been detained is a well-known Palestinian journalist, leading his employers to accuse Israel of carrying out "invasive searches and humiliating treatment" of civilians.

In a post on social media, the Palestinian ambassador to the UK described the footage as "savage images of Israeli occupation forces detaining and stripping civilians taken from a UN shelter".

"This evokes some of humanity's darkest passages of history," Husam Zomlot said.

</quotes>

Still, not quite as bad as how detainees in Abu Ghraib were treated at American hands.

Re: Israel is her own worse enemy

<H6JcN.32$Wp_8.10@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13201&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13201

Subject: Re: Israel is her own worse enemy
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 13:19:16 -0500
 by: JeSSe - Fri, 8 Dec 2023 18:19 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67659296
>
> <quotes>
>
> With fighting raging around Khan Younis and in the north of Gaza, a video has emerged on social media showing dozens of Palestinian men detained by Israel.
>
> The footage, verified by the BBC, shows them stripped to their underwear, kneeling on the ground and being guarded by Israeli soldiers.
>
> One of the men identified as having been detained is a well-known Palestinian journalist, leading his employers to accuse Israel of carrying out "invasive searches and humiliating treatment" of civilians.
>
> In a post on social media, the Palestinian ambassador to the UK described the footage as "savage images of Israeli occupation forces detaining and stripping civilians taken from a UN shelter".
>
> "This evokes some of humanity's darkest passages of history," Husam Zomlot said.
>
> </quotes>
>
> Still, not quite as bad as how detainees in Abu Ghraib were treated at American hands.

Stripped muslims, oh the humanity !
Their world famous dignity is shattered !

[Did you notice that most of them are fat and out of shape, not many
meals missed by those guys]

Re: Israel is her own worse enemy

<20231209094641.0000432a@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13212&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13212

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 09:46:41 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 09:46 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67664804

<quotes>

Pressure has increased today with the publication of footage of prisoners in Gaza, held by the Israel Defense Forces, stripped to their underwear and being driven away in trucks. It's a cruel image of war seeing these men, which local reports on social media suggest could be as many as 700.

Those same sources, including family of some of the men, say that they were taken from a UN school where they were sheltering, and where others tried to get away and were killed.

A horrendous video circulated yesterday of six people lying dead in the street - said to be from that same area and near that same school - and one of them was a bloody corpse lying on top of a white flag he had apparently been carrying.

</quotes>