From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: US to vote for "suspension of hostilities" ?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 11:07:30 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 11:07 UTC

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/dec/19/israel-gaza-war-live-updates-hamas-ceasefire-un-security-council-usa-veto

<quotes

The UN security council is set to convene Tuesday to weigh a call for a ceasefire in Gaza, after a previous bid was vetoed by the United States.

The vote was postponed to give more time for diplomats to meet US objections to the wording of the draft resolution. The vote in New York had been due on Monday.

The US said it could not support a reference to a "cessation of hostilities", but might accept a call for a "suspension of hostilities".

The Arab countries negotiating the text said they had been encouraged to see that the White House was apparently trying to find wording that it could support – as opposed to simply vetoing resolutions.

</quotes>

That the US is even entertaining not vetoing a UN resolution which calls for Israel to stop slaughtering Palestinians shows just how isolated America is on the world stage, how damaging choosing to defend the indefensible is.

But, even if the US does not veto this resolution; it remains to be seen what America does if Israel does not abide by it, which Netanyahu has already said he won't.

Fear of having to actually hold Netanyahu and his fascist government to account in the future may still be enough to have America veto a resolution which they believe should be passed.

It's not easy being Israel's bitch.

Re: US to vote for "suspension of hostilities" ?

<ulsso1$5os$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13726&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13726

From: efbregg73@gmx-xx.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: US to vote for "suspension of hostilities" ?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:00:01 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (??? The Reverend)
 by: Loose Cannon - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:00 UTC

In article <20231219110730.00004de7@ntlworld.invalid>,
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

[trolling from sick little Hitlerite flushed]

From a post by "Happy Hippy":

<quote>

I can slaughter Jews if you want, and I can do it far nearer to home. I can
deliver you a veritable bloodbath of dead Jews if you want; men, women and
children,. Even their pets too, if that's what you want. How about we start
with your wife ?

Or maybe you are hoping that Israel will be your proxy killing machine ?

Well fuck you George. I know you are sick in mind and body and maybe that's
because the God you don't believe in has chosen to lay you low like the
worthless piece of shit you are. You want to see blood flowing ? That can be
arranged. Maybe I should come round and wipe the whole sickening stain of
the Yates family away, and show you and your Zionist war-mongering buddies
exactly what this death and destruction you are cheer-leading for really
means ? What do you think Ron ?

</quote>

Re: US to vote for "suspension of hostilities" ?

<20231219202712.00007873@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13739&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13739

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:27:12 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:27 UTC

On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:00:01 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbregg73@gmx-xx.comm> wrote:

You are a trolling cunt who says they would be happy to see Americans murdered for exercising their right to protest, exercising their right to free speech -

<quotes>

Let's pray that someone gets mad enough to spray them with bullets.

And sure, shooting them would have been a crime, but still, I'd be
happy to see it take place.

</quotes>

Your words. There is not much else to say.