From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Lying tory scum
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:23:15 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:23 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67759768

<quotes>

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak's claim that the government has reduced debt has been challenged by the UK's statistics watchdog.

In a social media post on 7 November, Mr Sunak said "debt is falling".

On 22 November, the prime minister also told MPs "we have indeed reduced debt".

Debt has been going up since the start of the year as a proportion of the economy.

The watchdog's chairman said the assertion "may have undermined trust in the government's use of statistics".

</quotes>