From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Propagandists cancelled
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 17:44:41 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 17:44 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67772070

<quotes>

Polish state TV channel TVP Info has been taken off air after Prime Minister Donald Tusk's new government moved to depoliticise public media.

Parliament in Warsaw backed a resolution on Tuesday night calling for independence, objectivity and pluralism in public TV and radio.

In recent years, TVP's main evening news broadcasts, and TVP Info, became a propaganda machine for the PiS government, and the new coalition, led by pro-EU Prime Minister Donald Tusk, had promised voters to turn state media into a platform for "reliable information".

After taking office in 2015, PiS went much further than any previous government in controlling TVP's narrative.

It changed Poland's media law and set up a rival media regulator to allow it to sack management boards and pack the public media with journalists sympathetic to its policies.

While it was doing this, it enacted legislation to increase its political control over the judiciary and the civil service. It put its own people in charge of the security services and state-controlled companies.

Many Poles old enough to remember the crude propaganda of the communist-era authorities in the 1970s and '80s said TVP's methods were even worse.

</quotes>

It's bemusing to see a former far-right nation swinging back to liberalism while the UK has abandoned liberalism and moved just as far right, even going further than Poland had in rejecting international law and repealing human rights law.

It's a funny old world.

Re: Propagandists cancelled

<ulvknn$m5l$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13787&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13787

From: efbregg73@gmx-xx.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Propagandists cancelled
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 21:01:43 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (??? The Revd)
 by: Loose Cannon - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 21:01 UTC

In article <20231220174441.00005815@ntlworld.invalid>,
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

[flush]

Why did you claim that Santos is White?

Re: Propagandists cancelled

<IaKgN.42843$i529.26485@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13799&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13799

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 22:48:08 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 22:48 UTC

On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 17:44:41 +0000, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67772070
>
> <quotes>
>
> Polish state TV channel TVP Info has been taken off air after Prime
> Minister Donald Tusk's new government moved to depoliticise public
> media.
>
> Parliament in Warsaw backed a resolution on Tuesday night calling for
> independence, objectivity and pluralism in public TV and radio.
>
> In recent years, TVP's main evening news broadcasts, and TVP Info,
> became a propaganda machine for the PiS government, and the new
> coalition, led by pro-EU Prime Minister Donald Tusk, had promised voters
> to turn state media into a platform for "reliable information".
>
> After taking office in 2015, PiS went much further than any previous
> government in controlling TVP's narrative.
>
> It changed Poland's media law and set up a rival media regulator to
> allow it to sack management boards and pack the public media with
> journalists sympathetic to its policies.
>
> While it was doing this, it enacted legislation to increase its
> political control over the judiciary and the civil service. It put its
> own people in charge of the security services and state-controlled
> companies.
>
> Many Poles old enough to remember the crude propaganda of the
> communist-era authorities in the 1970s and '80s said TVP's methods were
> even worse.
>
> </quotes>
>
> It's bemusing to see a former far-right nation swinging back to
> liberalism while the UK has abandoned liberalism and moved just as far
> right, even going further than Poland had in rejecting international law
> and repealing human rights law.
>
> It's a funny old world.

"TVP"? They almost had a lawsuit there!

I didn't like to see them getting closed down...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-67781171

.... it's all too conveniet for one politial side to start deciding that
rivals should be silenced or banned.

Re: Propagandists cancelled

<20231220230139.000048c7@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13801&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13801

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 23:01:39 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 23:01 UTC

On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 22:48:08 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 17:44:41 +0000, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67772070
> >
> > <quotes>
> >
> > Polish state TV channel TVP Info has been taken off air after Prime
> > Minister Donald Tusk's new government moved to depoliticise public
> > media.
> >
> > Parliament in Warsaw backed a resolution on Tuesday night calling
> > for independence, objectivity and pluralism in public TV and radio.
> >
> > In recent years, TVP's main evening news broadcasts, and TVP Info,
> > became a propaganda machine for the PiS government, and the new
> > coalition, led by pro-EU Prime Minister Donald Tusk, had promised
> > voters to turn state media into a platform for "reliable
> > information".
> >
> > After taking office in 2015, PiS went much further than any previous
> > government in controlling TVP's narrative.
> >
> > It changed Poland's media law and set up a rival media regulator to
> > allow it to sack management boards and pack the public media with
> > journalists sympathetic to its policies.
> >
> > While it was doing this, it enacted legislation to increase its
> > political control over the judiciary and the civil service. It put
> > its own people in charge of the security services and
> > state-controlled companies.
> >
> > Many Poles old enough to remember the crude propaganda of the
> > communist-era authorities in the 1970s and '80s said TVP's methods
> > were even worse.
> >
> > </quotes>
> >
> > It's bemusing to see a former far-right nation swinging back to
> > liberalism while the UK has abandoned liberalism and moved just as
> > far right, even going further than Poland had in rejecting
> > international law and repealing human rights law.
> >
> > It's a funny old world.
>

> "TVP"? They almost had a lawsuit there!
>
> I didn't like to see them getting closed down...
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-67781171
>
> ... it's all too conveniet for one politial side to start deciding
> that rivals should be silenced or banned.

That's exactly what PiS have been doing. They took over the media, judiciary and civil service, pushed their opponents out, moved their fascists in. Everyone else was silenced and banned.

That was indeed convenient while it lasted but now it has ended.

Re: Propagandists cancelled

<xLKgN.82383$p%Mb.30554@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13803&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13803

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 18:27:25 -0500
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 23:27 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 22:48:08 GMT
> TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 17:44:41 +0000, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67772070
>>>
>>> <quotes>
>>>
>>> Polish state TV channel TVP Info has been taken off air after Prime
>>> Minister Donald Tusk's new government moved to depoliticise public
>>> media.
>>>
>>> Parliament in Warsaw backed a resolution on Tuesday night calling
>>> for independence, objectivity and pluralism in public TV and radio.
>>>
>>> In recent years, TVP's main evening news broadcasts, and TVP Info,
>>> became a propaganda machine for the PiS government, and the new
>>> coalition, led by pro-EU Prime Minister Donald Tusk, had promised
>>> voters to turn state media into a platform for "reliable
>>> information".
>>>
>>> After taking office in 2015, PiS went much further than any previous
>>> government in controlling TVP's narrative.
>>>
>>> It changed Poland's media law and set up a rival media regulator to
>>> allow it to sack management boards and pack the public media with
>>> journalists sympathetic to its policies.
>>>
>>> While it was doing this, it enacted legislation to increase its
>>> political control over the judiciary and the civil service. It put
>>> its own people in charge of the security services and
>>> state-controlled companies.
>>>
>>> Many Poles old enough to remember the crude propaganda of the
>>> communist-era authorities in the 1970s and '80s said TVP's methods
>>> were even worse.
>>>
>>> </quotes>
>>>
>>> It's bemusing to see a former far-right nation swinging back to
>>> liberalism while the UK has abandoned liberalism and moved just as
>>> far right, even going further than Poland had in rejecting
>>> international law and repealing human rights law.
>>>
>>> It's a funny old world.
>>

>> "TVP"? They almost had a lawsuit there!
>>
>> I didn't like to see them getting closed down...
>>
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-67781171
>>
>> ... it's all too conveniet for one politial side to start deciding
>> that rivals should be silenced or banned.
>
> That's exactly what PiS have been doing. They took over the media, judiciary and civil service, pushed their opponents out, moved their fascists in. Everyone else was silenced and banned.

You of all people saying so sure as fuck does no where near mean it is
so, sounds like more of your wingnut propagandistic bullshit