From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Deaths in custody
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 18:18:33 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 18:18 UTC

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-says-it-is-probing-deaths-of-several-gazans-at-its-detention-centers/

<quotes>

The military said Tuesday that it is investigating the deaths of detainees who were arrested in military operations across the Gaza Strip during fighting with Hamas terrorists.

The army did not provide details regarding how many detainees had died or the circumstances of their deaths.

Hundreds of Palestinians are being held in detention centers in southern Israel, having been detained in military operations across Gaza since the war erupted on October 7

On Tuesday, the Haaretz daily reported that "several" of the detainees had died at one of the Israeli detention facilities — the Sde Teiman base near the city of Beersheba.

The detainees held at the facility are "blindfolded and handcuffed for most of the day and the lights are on at the facility throughout the night," the report said.

</quotes>

Others suggest that it is "thousands" rather than "hundreds" being held in Israel's re-enactment of Abu Ghraib.

Re: Deaths in custody

<xRGgN.44979$vFZa.40896@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13784&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13784

Subject: Re: Deaths in custody
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 14:00:44 -0500
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 19:00 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-says-it-is-probing-deaths-of-several-gazans-at-its-detention-centers/
>

> the lights are on at the facility throughout the night
>

> Others suggest that it is "thousands" rather than "hundreds" being held in Israel's re-enactment of Abu Ghraib.

Ooooh, lights on at night, thats cruel and unusual for any prison by any
standard !
I suspect you'll be moaning next that their pillows aren't fluffy
enough, and they have too much free time on their hands.