From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Oklahoma!
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 10:51:01 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 10:51 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67782907

<quotes>

An Oklahoma judge has exonerated a man who spent 48 years in prison for a murder he didn't commit, the longest known wrongful sentence in the US.

This court finds by clear and convincing evidence that the offence for which Mr Simmons was convicted, sentenced and imprisoned... was not committed by Mr Simmons," said Oklahoma County District Judge Palumbo in her ruling.

Mr Simmons served 48 years, one month and 18 days in prison for the 1974 murder of Carolyn Sue Rogers during a liquor store robbery in an Oklahoma City suburb.

Mr Simmons had maintained his innocence, saying he was in his home state of Louisiana at the time of the murder.

</quotes>

No need to guess if he is black.