From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: It's a mystery
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 13:39:05 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 13:39 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67780595

<quotes>

Government minister Penny Mordaunt is the latest witness in the government's Covid inquiry to have an issue with missing WhatsApp messages.

The leader of the House of Commons said that two years of WhatsApp chats with Boris Johnson had disappeared.

Many politicians have lost WhatsApp messages sent during the pandemic, including the prime minister Rishi Sunak, who was chancellor of the exchequer at the time, and former Stormont ministers.

Mr Johnson previously told the inquiry that he had lost about 5,000 messages.

</quotes>

It's odd that so many messages have been lost. Odd that both parties to a conversation have lost messages which would be held on their own separate phones. Odd that messages we are told would be backed-up by the government to avoid critical messages being lost have been.

It's particularly odd that only messages relating to what the inquiry is looking into have been lost.

But very convenient.