From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Another Christmas Quiz
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:41:03 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:41 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-67751758

<quotes>

Will Putin Succeed in Ukraine?

Aaron asks if Ukraine can win the war without US military aid, given the present uncertainty over continued funding?

Recent Institute for the Study of War analysis by scholar Frederick W Kagan warned that ending or significantly curtailing American military support would "enable Russia to win this war on the battlefield".

Those words were echoed by President Zelensky's own chief of staff, Andriy Yermak, who said a failure by the US to approve more aid could make it "impossible" to liberate further territory and "create a great risk of losing this war".

</quotes>

That is the $64,000 question.

It amuses me, that every time the BBC floats the question of Ukraine somehow winning, despite offering some optimistic wishful thinking, the inevitable conclusion is that it's unlikely.

While Zelensky puts on a brave face, it does seem Republicans in America blocking funding, and far right Hungary doing the same, will hand a victory to Putin, will lead to Ukraine losing the war.

The only winners will be Russia, Putin, and the arms manufacturers our governments gifted tens of billions of tax payer's money to.