From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: US supports for UNSCR
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 12:48:43 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 12:48 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67795439

<quotes>

The UN Security Council is moving closer to a vote on humanitarian aid for Gaza after the US expressed support for the latest draft resolution.

Washington had said it was concerned the resolution could "actually slow down" aid into Gaza.

All week, the Security Council has repeatedly postponed the draft resolution aimed at bringing in some form of ceasefire, as wrangling continued over the language.

The original draft called for a sustainable cessation of hostilities, but the final version calls for creating the conditions for one.

Emerging from a closed-door session on Thursday night, US Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield rejected claims the latest draft had been watered down, arguing it is "a very strong resolution".

</quotes>

It is laughable that the Ambassador can claim it hasn't been watered down when it clearly has been, when America was the one insisting it had to be before they would accept it.

America is desperate not to be the only country vetoing a UNSCR which aims to prevent genocide in Gaza and she knows how damaging further unconditional support for Israel, her murder and slaughter, will look on the world stage.

America's only option was to water the UNSCR down so she can pretend she's against Israel's genocide in public while supporting it in private.

It's like America insisting the only problem with the holocaust was that detainees in concentration camps weren't getting enough food.

Re: US supports for UNSCR

<20231222134854.00001c04@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13852&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13852

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: US supports for UNSCR
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 13:48:54 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 13:48 UTC

On Fri, 22 Dec 2023 12:48:43 +0000
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> It is laughable that the Ambassador can claim it hasn't been watered
> down when it clearly has been, when America was the one insisting it
> had to be before they would accept it.

It now appears the wording has been so watered-down that others on the UNSC are prepared to veto it themselves.

Probably what the US intended all along. Whether accepted or not it gets America off the hook for supporting Israel's genocide, provides Israel with more time to carry out her genocide.

How it goes we should soon see, unless the resolution isn't presented to the Security Council for a vote.