Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Bad Weather Play Want Bin (PWBE 10 Jul 2023)
From: kendrick@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 00:30:10 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 00:30 UTC

I wonder at what point people will start to use the phrase 'bad weather'
to refer to hazy smoke and melting asphalt, rather than rain or snow.

Play:
--=--

Castlevania Collection (NSW) - More time with Simon's Quest. I made my
way east all the way to the river (which is to say, a wide expanse of
water that you can't cross until a certain threshold has been met) and
I've just now hit the point where killing monsters doesn't really earn
you any meaningful experience. I swapped over to the first Castlevania
and was surprised to discover how much more sense it makes to an older
gamer who's experienced all of the other games over time. When I was a
wee lad the first Castlevania was impenetrably hard, and now it's just
moderately annoying. I thought old age was supposed to have the opposite
effect.

Code Vein (PS4) - Did I do some of this earlier in the week? I must have
because I remember beating a major boss and unlocking more of the map. I
really like the narrative framing of the protagonist finding the
scattered memories of the other characters, which uncovers lots of
interesting texture in the story of how the world became the
post-apocalyptic mess that it is. One of the things that's coming out of
that is that all of the characters are much more kind and generous than
they remember being, and getting reminded of that is either making them
stronger or making them sadder. Probably a little of both. I also found
evidence that the game is indeed set in the same world that the God
Eater games are set, but to talk about that at all seems to be a
spoiler.

Want:
--=--

I dunno. Inner peace? What I want is a good solid hour to devote to this
stupid hobby instead of having to carve it into little five and ten
minute chunks. I don't need more time, I need more continuity.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing gaming related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $2,450

Cluedo (MD) - $4
Def Jam Rapstar (PS3) - Free (gift with purchase, apparently)
Michael Jackson The Experience (PS3) - $4
NHL 2K7 (PS3) - $1
NBA Jam TE (MD) - $9
Bubble Guppies (DS) - $11
Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) - $15 (yes, another copy)
Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) - $15 (yes, one more copy so I have five total now)
Dream Dancer (DS) - $3
All Star Cheer Squad (DS) - $3
Lovely Lisa (DS) - $1
Phantasy Star Generation 2 (PS2) - $25
Dragon Force (PS2) - $25
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Cross Generation of Heroes (Wii) - $19
Capcom vs SNK 2 (PS2) - $13
SNK vs Capcom (PS2) - $30
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (PS2) - $30
Daibijin (PS2) - $19
Mobile Armour (PSX) - $6
Test Drive Le Mans 24 Hours (PSX) - $5
Playstation 3 (PS3) - $70
Playstation 2 (PS2) - $80 (wait, what?)

Total to date - $2,838

-KKC, who meant to get some Virtua Fighter 2 time in too.

Re: Bad Weather Play Want Bin (PWBE 10 Jul 2023)

<sqUqM.422010$8Xq1.1292@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1390&group=uk.games.video.misc#1390

From: zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Bad Weather Play Want Bin (PWBE 10 Jul 2023)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 14:18:00 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 14:18 UTC

> I wonder at what point people will start to use the phrase 'bad weather'
> to refer to hazy smoke and melting asphalt, rather than rain or snow.

I do find it amusing that whenever there's a heat-related Amber
weather warning over here (or "potential risk to life" to quote the
Met Office), you can still tell that some TV weather presenters are
barely suppressing their urge to say how great the weather's going to
be just because it's sunny.

> Play:

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - went back to finally finish off the 10x10
puzzles, and did some of the unusual 10x15s.

> Want:

To play Progear (on PS4 Capcom Arcade Stadium), which I somehow still
haven't done yet.

> Bin:

Nothing.

> Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) - $15 (yes, another copy)
> Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) - $15 (yes, one more copy so I have five total now)

I wonder if getting 6x6 unlocks more vehicle options.

-Rus.

Re: Bad Weather Play Want Bin (PWBE 10 Jul 2023)

<N3SdnQVlGecuiCj5nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1391&group=uk.games.video.misc#1391

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: kendrick@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 10:19:31 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 10:19 UTC

In article <sqUqM.422010$8Xq1.1292@usenetxs.com>,
Russell Marks <zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com> wrote:
>Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:
>
>> Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) - $15 (yes, another copy)
>> Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) - $15 (yes, one more copy so I have five total now)
>
>I wonder if getting 6x6 unlocks more vehicle options.

This is to support the ability to play Gran Turismo 6 on five screens
using five Playstation 3 units, assuming I ever get around to making
that work. I did recently pick up a fifth Playstation 3 for very cheap,
but the reason it was very cheap is because the HDMI port doesn't work.
As they say at the Russian military recruitment office, there's more
where that came from.

-KKC, who starts a new PWB thread anyway because it is a new day.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Bad Weather Play Want Bin (PWBE 10 Jul 2023)