From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: 'Tactical pauses' to take place in Gaza today to allow civilians to
replenish stocks, Israel says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 09:40:05 GMT
 by: TWP - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 09:40 UTC

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-gaza-latest-hamas-war-updates-sky-news-
blog-12978800

12m ago 09:24
'Tactical pauses' to take place in Gaza today to allow civilians to
replenish stocks, Israel says

There will be "tactical pauses for humanitarian pauses" to allow civilians
in the Gaza Strip to replenish stocks such as food and water, the
Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) has said.

COGAT, a unit in the Israeli defence ministry, said the pause is taking
place in Deir al-Balah from 10am-2pm.

On Friday, the UN Security Council adopted a watered-down resolution that
calls for immediately speeding up aid deliveries to desperate civilians in
Gaza, but not for a ceasefire.

---------------

The population of Gaza in one day with no deliveries?
It'll be like pandemic shopping! Let's hope they don't need toilet roll.

Re: 'Tactical pauses' to take place in Gaza today to allow civilians to replenish stocks, Israel says

<20231225140618.000050e6@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13918&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13918

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: 'Tactical pauses' to take place in Gaza today to allow
civilians to replenish stocks, Israel says
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 14:06:18 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 14:06 UTC

On Mon, 25 Dec 2023 09:40:05 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> https://news.sky.com/story/israel-gaza-latest-hamas-war-updates-sky-news-
> blog-12978800
>
> 12m ago 09:24
> 'Tactical pauses' to take place in Gaza today to allow civilians to
> replenish stocks, Israel says
>
> There will be "tactical pauses for humanitarian pauses" to allow
> civilians in the Gaza Strip to replenish stocks such as food and
> water, the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories
> (COGAT) has said.
>
> COGAT, a unit in the Israeli defence ministry, said the pause is
> taking place in Deir al-Balah from 10am-2pm.
>
> On Friday, the UN Security Council adopted a watered-down resolution
> that calls for immediately speeding up aid deliveries to desperate
> civilians in Gaza, but not for a ceasefire.

> The population of Gaza in one day with no deliveries?
> It'll be like pandemic shopping! Let's hope they don't need toilet
> roll.

Deir al-Balah is almost on the coast, about 40 miles from the southern and northern border. It's going to be impossible for most people to get there, or get there while aid is available. Or even carry the food and water back.

And, if they all did get there, almost 10,000 Gazans would have to be processed per minute. Let's hope staff can do better than my local Tesco.

It's just another example of Israel pretending to care about Palestinians while not actually caring. They know full-well it won't solve starvation, will hardly dent it.

It reminds me of Suella Braverman telling Ukrainians fleeing the invasion that they had to get to Germany, get a visa for entry to Britain from an office which was only open an hour a day and only on Tuesday with a staffing level of one. Her hundred page form-filling App which reported 'something went wrong' when one filled it in and tried to submit it.

So much for us welcoming in 250,000 Ukrainians. Braverman put every obstacle she could in the way of Ukrainians seeking refuge here.

It's evil and everyone should be able to recognise it as such.