From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Egypt's looming war with Israel
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 18:21:54 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 18:21 UTC

https://www.timesofisrael.com/egyptian-lawmaker-pans-netanyahus-postwar-gaza-ideas-as-violation-of-peace-treaty/

<quotes>

An Egyptian lawmaker on Saturday attacked Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for saying that once Israel concludes its war in the Gaza Strip, Israel will retain security control of the enclave's territory along the border with Egypt.

Mustafa Bakri, a member of the Egyptian House of Representatives, denounced the idea as an attack on Egyptian sovereignty and a violation of the peace treaty between Israel and Egypt, and urged Cairo to wield its military might to prevent the scheme.

Netanyahu’s assertion "that the Philadelphi Route area on the Egyptian border should be under Israeli control, this is a blatant assault on the peace agreement between the two countries," Barki posted to X, formerly Twitter. "Don't come close. The Egyptian border is a red line. It seems that you do not know the power of our army and the ability of our people."

</quotes>