From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Israel's incitement to genocide
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 18:31:37 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 18:31 UTC

https://www.newarab.com/news/historian-blasts-israels-genocide-incitement-against-gaza

<quotes>

Israeli historian Raz Segal has said that "incitement to genocide" has become prevalent in Israeli society as Israel's deadly and relentless assault on the Gaza Strip, which has killed tens of thousands of civilians, a approaches its 12th week.

Segal, an Associate Professor of Holocaust and Genocide Studies at New Jersey’s Stockton University said that one of the key aspects of a genocide is the language used that demonstrate an occupying force's "intent to destroy" a national, ethnic, racial or religious group.

"You don't need a degree in comparative literature to interpret these signs and statements in the media discourse and in the political discourse in Israel after 7th of October. We see clear incitement to genocide," he said.

"I'm talking about, you know, huge signs hanging on the bridges of the Tel Aviv Freeway right after the 7th of October, calling to flatten Gaza, to destroy Gaza, written on them directly that the 'image of triumph would be zero people in Gaza.' Very direct, very explicit," he said.

An explicit use of genocidal rhetoric is relatively rare but he pointed out it has been "unabashedly" displayed in Israeli discourse on Palestinians

</quotes>