Tomorrow, you can be anywhere.

aus+uk / aus.aviation / Re: Moorabbin airport future unclear...

SubjectAuthor
* Moorabbin airport future unclear...lindsay
`* Moorabbin airport future unclear...Daryl
 +* Moorabbin airport future unclear...Xeno
 |`- Moorabbin airport future unclear...lindsay
 `* Moorabbin airport future unclear...lindsay
  `* Moorabbin airport future unclear...Daryl
   `* Moorabbin airport future unclear...lindsay
    `- Moorabbin airport future unclear...Daryl

1
Moorabbin airport future unclear...

<26EJM.148353$JbKe.124383@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1398&group=aus.aviation#1398

Newsgroups: aus.aviation
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Subject: Moorabbin airport future unclear...
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 21:16:14 +1000
 by: lindsay - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 11:16 UTC

https://www.kingston.vic.gov.au/council/news/latest-news/moorabbin-airport

2nd busiest airport in Aus... unbelievable....

Re: Moorabbin airport future unclear...

<klpvsqFnpp1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1399&group=aus.aviation#1399

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Subject: Re: Moorabbin airport future unclear...
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 10:36:42 +1000
 by: Daryl - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 00:36 UTC

On 5/9/2023 9:16 pm, lindsay wrote:
> https://www.kingston.vic.gov.au/council/news/latest-news/moorabbin-airport
>
> 2nd busiest airport in Aus... unbelievable....

The world is ruled by greed, make short term money and fuck long term
commons sense, its worse than unbelievable its insane.
Hopefully commons sense will prevail over greed.
--
Daryl

Re: Moorabbin airport future unclear...

<klqm73Fpsc3U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1400&group=aus.aviation#1400

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 16:57:39 +1000
 by: Xeno - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 06:57 UTC

On 6/9/2023 10:36 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 5/9/2023 9:16 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> https://www.kingston.vic.gov.au/council/news/latest-news/moorabbin-airport
>>
>> 2nd busiest airport in Aus... unbelievable....
>

> The world is ruled by greed, make short term money and fuck long term
> commons sense, its worse than unbelievable its insane.
> Hopefully commons sense will prevail over greed.

If it were to close, the "295,000 movements per year" would need to go
to Essendon. Don't think that airport would be capable.

Anyway, we have been here before.

“There is a strong history of refusing inappropriate airport
development with Anthony Albanese previously refusing
masterplans for both Bankstown (2011) and Canberra (2008)
airports and blocking plans for inappropriate commercial
development here at Moorabbin Airport (2013). An airport and
the industries on it are not something you can easily
replace,” Cr Saab said.

It appeared Labor had common sense, let's hope they still have it. The
Libs didn't, and they were riddled with greed, which is why they are
currently not in power.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Moorabbin airport future unclear...

<b5YJM.307230$f7Ub.150085@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1401&group=aus.aviation#1401

Newsgroups: aus.aviation
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 20:00:37 +1000
 by: lindsay - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 10:00 UTC

On 6/09/2023 4:57 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 6/9/2023 10:36 am, Daryl wrote:
>> On 5/9/2023 9:16 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>> https://www.kingston.vic.gov.au/council/news/latest-news/moorabbin-airport
>>>

>>> 2nd busiest airport in Aus... unbelievable....
>>

>> The world is ruled by greed, make short term money and fuck long term
>> commons sense, its worse than unbelievable its insane.
>> Hopefully commons sense will prevail over greed.
>
> If it were to close, the "295,000 movements per year" would need to go
> to Essendon. Don't think that airport would be capable.

Really? Would it? Or be split/shared between all the other airports
capable of twin engined aircraft, shit-fer-brains. You know, Essendon,
Tulla, Avalon, Lilydale, Bairnsdale, Sale, Mangalore, Phillip Is,...

Is there any particular reason WHY your mouth opens, and just vomits
useless ill-informed shit into newsgroups? Dementia? Early Altz? Your
NPD taking control?

So, have you found out what a cockpit voice recorder does yet, dumbo?

> Phil Allison wrote:

PA: "The voice recorder quite probably contains nothing useful, because
it records only for a limited time."

Xeno: "It will show *how* the plane ended its flight and that is the
significant finding - manual control or autopilot plus fuel
levels/engine operational status." 19/01/17

PA: "** No way will the CVR ever do that."

Xeno: "The CVR, no, it's not intended to do that."

PA: "Then why did you say it could ??"

And Tomas Clasener/xeno ran away. He does that when he's found wanting,
because he's an ex tafe teacher, and therefore can't be wrong. Ever.
Obviously not geting enough in aus.cars, tommy?

> Anyway, we have been here before.

Yeah, and you ran away. As per usual, shit-fer-brains. So you can take
your google-found "knowledge" and fuck off. You wont find your nemesis
here. You may find another tho...

Re: Moorabbin airport future unclear...

<mfYJM.805319$mPI2.407882@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1402&group=aus.aviation#1402

Newsgroups: aus.aviation
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 20:11:27 +1000
 by: lindsay - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 10:11 UTC

On 6/09/2023 10:36 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 5/9/2023 9:16 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> https://www.kingston.vic.gov.au/council/news/latest-news/moorabbin-airport
>>

>> 2nd busiest airport in Aus... unbelievable....
>

> The world is ruled by greed, make short term money and fuck long term
> commons sense, its worse than unbelievable its insane.

I agree. Senseless short term gain. Price of King Island crays and Dairy
will double, which will pricew them out of the market.. Golfs trips from
Moorabbin done and dusted.. and what looked like new helo hangers will
become car parks for DFO..

Moorabbin Airport land has been sold off willy-nilly, from Costco, to
DFO, to Hawthorn Football Club. It's acreage has been shrinking, and at
an exacerbated rate in the last 5-10 years, to the stage you can drive
down Lower Dandenong rd, westbound, and nearly miss the airport.

> Hopefully commons sense will prevail over greed.

Not in Victoria, whilst Dodgy Dan's in power... Dont know if he has his
fingers in the Airport as it's Federal land, but he'll be involved
somehow...

Re: Moorabbin airport future unclear...

<klr6clFtjqjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1403&group=aus.aviation#1403

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 21:33:41 +1000
 by: Daryl - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 11:33 UTC

On 6/9/2023 8:11 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 6/09/2023 10:36 am, Daryl wrote:
>> On 5/9/2023 9:16 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>> https://www.kingston.vic.gov.au/council/news/latest-news/moorabbin-airport
>>>
>>> 2nd busiest airport in Aus... unbelievable....
>>

>> The world is ruled by greed, make short term money and fuck long term
>> commons sense, its worse than unbelievable its insane.
>
> I agree. Senseless short term gain. Price of King Island crays and Dairy
> will double, which will pricew them out of the market.. Golfs trips from
> Moorabbin done and dusted.. and what looked like new helo hangers will
> become car parks for DFO..
>
> Moorabbin Airport land has been sold off willy-nilly, from Costco, to
> DFO, to Hawthorn Football Club. It's acreage has been shrinking, and at
> an exacerbated rate in the last 5-10 years, to the stage you can drive
> down Lower Dandenong rd, westbound, and nearly miss the airport.

A few years ago when I was still interested in getting a helicopter
license we were coming in to land at Moorabbin after a training flight,
if I remember correctly helicopters have to cross the airport threshold
at over 800' to keep out of the way of fixed wing aircraft landing and I
was amazed at how they seemed to be skimming the roofs of the factories,
quite a sight from above.
Hate to think how dangerous it would be if there were even more factories.

>> Hopefully commons sense will prevail over greed.
>
> Not in Victoria, whilst Dodgy Dan's in power... Dont know if he has his
> fingers in the Airport as it's Federal land, but he'll be involved
> somehow...

Being Federal I don't think that he has anything to do with it but if he
does its guaranteed to be a disaster not that he has any money to do
anything with, its all been spent and the piggy bank is empty.

--
Daryl

Re: Moorabbin airport future unclear...

<cR7KM.1088248$TPw2.975154@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1404&group=aus.aviation#1404

Newsgroups: aus.aviation
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 09:22:46 +1000
 by: lindsay - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 23:22 UTC

On 6/09/2023 9:33 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 6/9/2023 8:11 pm, lindsay wrote:

>>> The world is ruled by greed, make short term money and fuck long term
>>> commons sense, its worse than unbelievable its insane.
>>
>> I agree. Senseless short term gain. Price of King Island crays and
>> Dairy will double, which will pricew them out of the market.. Golfs
>> trips from Moorabbin done and dusted.. and what looked like new helo
>> hangers will become car parks for DFO..
>>
>> Moorabbin Airport land has been sold off willy-nilly, from Costco, to
>> DFO, to Hawthorn Football Club. It's acreage has been shrinking, and
>> at an exacerbated rate in the last 5-10 years, to the stage you can
>> drive down Lower Dandenong rd, westbound, and nearly miss the airport.
>
> A few years ago when I was still interested in getting a helicopter
> license we were coming in to land at Moorabbin after a training flight,
> if I remember correctly helicopters have to cross the airport threshold
> at over 800' to keep out of the way of fixed wing aircraft landing and I
> was amazed at how they seemed to be skimming the roofs of the factories,
> quite a sight from above.

Hahahha came ohome from an Avalon Airshow, in the front seat, and as
they come over Capital Golf club, and over Centre Dandenong Rd, they
drop like a stone to get on the runway. Was most entertaining.

> Hate to think how dangerous it would be if there were even more factories.

Yep, there's not a lot of room now. If one was to crash into DFO....

OTOH, it's scary at times. We live on the edge of the flight path, 5k's
out, where as I understand it, planes must not go below 500 feet. I
reckon I've seen a couple at 200 feet. Same at my old factory... a few
cowboys methinks...

>>> Hopefully commons sense will prevail over greed.
>>
>> Not in Victoria, whilst Dodgy Dan's in power... Dont know if he has
>> his fingers in the Airport as it's Federal land, but he'll be involved
>> somehow...
>>
> Being Federal I don't think that he has anything to do with it but if he
> does its guaranteed to be a disaster not that he has any money to do
> anything with, its all been spent and the piggy bank is empty.

He'll have his hand out to the feds if it does go... He'll say it's an
"assistance package" for all the businesses that will be forced to
close. And he'll keep the lot. He's a dog.

Re: Moorabbin airport future unclear...

<klt20aF7tcdU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1405&group=aus.aviation#1405

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 14:31:06 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 7 Sep 2023 04:31 UTC

On 7/9/2023 9:22 am, lindsay wrote:
> On 6/09/2023 9:33 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> I agree. Senseless short term gain. Price of King Island crays and
>>> Dairy will double, which will pricew them out of the market.. Golfs
>>> trips from Moorabbin done and dusted.. and what looked like new helo
>>> hangers will become car parks for DFO..
>>>
>>> Moorabbin Airport land has been sold off willy-nilly, from Costco, to
>>> DFO, to Hawthorn Football Club. It's acreage has been shrinking, and
>>> at an exacerbated rate in the last 5-10 years, to the stage you can
>>> drive down Lower Dandenong rd, westbound, and nearly miss the airport.
>>
>> A few years ago when I was still interested in getting a helicopter
>> license we were coming in to land at Moorabbin after a training
>> flight, if I remember correctly helicopters have to cross the airport
>> threshold at over 800' to keep out of the way of fixed wing aircraft
>> landing and I was amazed at how they seemed to be skimming the roofs
>> of the factories, quite a sight from above.
>
> Hahahha came ohome from an Avalon Airshow, in the front seat, and as
> they come over Capital Golf club, and over Centre Dandenong Rd, they
> drop like a stone to get on the runway. Was most entertaining.

LOL, gets your heart rate up if you aren't expecting it:-)
My last training flight was rather interesting, the instructor asked me
what I wanted to do, since it was my 5th flight he said I could do what
I wanted so I said I just wanted to play around climbing and turning etc
so he said go for it, one we were over the training area I took control
and started making a few turns which I thought were quite tight till he
said that he would show me what a real tight turn was, he had the thing
turning so hard I thought we were going upside down, certainly got my
attention:-)
The instructors main job in the summer was fire fighting so he really
knew how to handle a helicopter.

>> Hate to think how dangerous it would be if there were even more
>> factories.
>
> Yep, there's not a lot of room now. If one was to crash into DFO....
>
> OTOH, it's scary at times. We live on the edge of the flight path, 5k's
> out, where as I understand it, planes must not go below 500 feet. I
> reckon I've seen a couple at 200 feet. Same at my old factory... a few
> cowboys methinks...

Possibly or they just misjudged the approach.

>>> Not in Victoria, whilst Dodgy Dan's in power... Dont know if he has
>>> his fingers in the Airport as it's Federal land, but he'll be
>>> involved somehow...
>>>
>> Being Federal I don't think that he has anything to do with it but if
>> he does its guaranteed to be a disaster not that he has any money to
>> do anything with, its all been spent and the piggy bank is empty.
>
> He'll have his hand out to the feds if it does go... He'll say it's an
> "assistance package" for all the businesses that will be forced to
> close. And he'll keep the lot. He's a dog.

No doubt about that.

--
Daryl