From: user@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Subject: Today
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 21:52:29 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 11:52 UTC

Waiting at Canberra airport for our Virgin flight back to Brisbane, we
were kinda surprised when an Alliance Fokker 100 turned up instead. It
was probably quite old since it had ashtrays in the seat armrests. Not a
bad flight though.

As a bonus we were treated to the sight of the Roulettes taking off,
first a single then a double and finally a triple.

Re: Today

<kojfmpFf17gU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1418&group=aus.aviation#1418

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Subject: Re: Today
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 10:12:25 +1100
 by: Daryl - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 23:12 UTC

On 9/10/2023 10:52 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> Waiting at Canberra airport for our Virgin flight back to Brisbane, we
> were kinda surprised when an Alliance Fokker 100 turned up instead. It
> was probably quite old since it had ashtrays in the seat armrests. Not a
> bad flight though.

Last time I was at Brisbane airport I saw a lot of Alliance aircraft on
the ground, I'd never heard of them before so I looked them up to find
that a lot of their flying is FIFO for mines etc.
They seemed to have a lot of aircraft so not surprised they had a spare
to fill in when a Virgin aircraft wasn't available.

> As a bonus we were treated to the sight of the Roulettes taking off,
> first a single then a double and finally a triple.

Nice.

--
Daryl

Re: Today

<nDnVM.45574$tnmf.20156@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1419&group=aus.aviation#1419

Newsgroups: aus.aviation
From: noneofyour@biz.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 13:20:02 +1100
 by: lindsay - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 02:20 UTC

On 9/10/2023 10:52 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> Waiting at Canberra airport for our Virgin flight back to Brisbane, we
> were kinda surprised when an Alliance Fokker 100 turned up instead. It
> was probably quite old since it had ashtrays in the seat armrests. Not a
> bad flight though.
>
> As a bonus we were treated to the sight of the Roulettes taking off,
> first a single then a double and finally a triple.

LOL...watched 2 of 'em fly past here on the way to east Sale Tuesday arvo...