The documentation is in Japanese. Good luck. -- Rich $alz

aus+uk / aus.aviation / Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

SubjectAuthor
* If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Petzl
`* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed
 +- Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Petzl
 `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Daryl
  +* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Petzl
  |+* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Daryl
  ||+* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Petzl
  |||+* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Daryl
  |||`- Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed
  ||`* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed
  || `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Petzl
  ||  `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed
  ||   `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Petzl
  ||    `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed
  ||     `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Petzl
  ||      `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed
  ||       `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Petzl
  ||        `- Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed
  |`* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed
  | `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Xeno
  |  +- Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Petzl
  |  `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed
  |   +* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!lindsay
  |   |`- Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed
  |   `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Xeno
  |    `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed
  |     `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Xeno
  |      `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed
  |       `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Xeno
  |        `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed
  |         `* Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Xeno
  |          `- Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed
  `- Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!Rod Speed

Pages:12
If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<543f0j1j5rjbja9q26potih87rlg12apq2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1448&group=aus.aviation#1448

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Subject: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:55:25 +1100
 by: Petzl - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 03:55 UTC

<https://rumble.com/v4mapg5-breaking-boeing-bosses-fired-after-whistleblower-murdered-redacted-with-cla.html>
https://t.ly/HA3cm
BREAKING! Boeing bosses fired after Whistleblower murdered
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<op.2lgfr8e0byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1449&group=aus.aviation#1449

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Subject: Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 03:22:46 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 16:22 UTC

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:55:25 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> <https://rumble.com/v4mapg5-breaking-boeing-bosses-fired-after-whistleblower-murdered-redacted-with-cla.html>
> https://t.ly/HA3cm
> BREAKING! Boeing bosses fired after Whistleblower murdered

Just because some fool claims something...

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<25jj0j53v9t5fcfq24quqfe2fggdqfl1he@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1450&group=aus.aviation#1450

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 07:51:52 +1100
 by: Petzl - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 20:51 UTC

On Sun, 31 Mar 2024 03:22:46 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:55:25 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> <https://rumble.com/v4mapg5-breaking-boeing-bosses-fired-after-whistleblower-murdered-redacted-with-cla.html>
>> https://t.ly/HA3cm
>> BREAKING! Boeing bosses fired after Whistleblower murdered
>
>Just because some fool claims something...

Says some fool Rod Speed
When it's choice between fact and reality Rod Speed goes with the
ouija board or the Moslem Gypsy Lady across the road every time.
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<l6u5vkF3ap6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1451&group=aus.aviation#1451

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 09:21:40 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 22:21 UTC

On 31/3/2024 3:22 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:55:25 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> <https://rumble.com/v4mapg5-breaking-boeing-bosses-fired-after-whistleblower-murdered-redacted-with-cla.html>
>>    https://t.ly/HA3cm
>> BREAKING! Boeing bosses fired after Whistleblower murdered
>
> Just because some fool claims something...

Not much chance that the whistle blower committed suicide and a very
high chance that foul play was involved.
What I find annoying with the whole Boeing issue is the way its being
reported, the news reports are blaming Boeing for what appears to be
maintenance faults on older aircraft, also interesting to note that 3
recent problems involved United Airlines yet the news reported blamed
Boeing instead of asking questions about United maintenance or lack
thereof, AFAIK the 777 that lost a wheel was 10yrs old so what that
failure has to do with Boeing is a mystery.
The door failure on the Alaska flight was definitely a Boeing problem
but many of the other problems blamed on Boeing are maintenance issues,
not design or QC problems.

--
Daryl

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<025k0jh215vj8os1jr06sm4kstm8a25jgc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1452&group=aus.aviation#1452

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 13:10:41 +1100
 by: Petzl - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 02:10 UTC

On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 09:21:40 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
wrote:

>On 31/3/2024 3:22 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:55:25 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> <https://rumble.com/v4mapg5-breaking-boeing-bosses-fired-after-whistleblower-murdered-redacted-with-cla.html>
>>>    https://t.ly/HA3cm
>>> BREAKING! Boeing bosses fired after Whistleblower murdered
>>
>> Just because some fool claims something...
>
>Not much chance that the whistle blower committed suicide and a very
>high chance that foul play was involved.
>What I find annoying with the whole Boeing issue is the way its being
>reported, the news reports are blaming Boeing for what appears to be
>maintenance faults on older aircraft, also interesting to note that 3
>recent problems involved United Airlines yet the news reported blamed
>Boeing instead of asking questions about United maintenance or lack
>thereof, AFAIK the 777 that lost a wheel was 10yrs old so what that
>failure has to do with Boeing is a mystery.
>The door failure on the Alaska flight was definitely a Boeing problem
>but many of the other problems blamed on Boeing are maintenance issues,
>not design or QC problems.

Not sure what is involved un becoming a Boeing maintenance.
Seem to remember when Qantas shifted it's heavy maintenance to
Singapore 2019, seem to hit quality problems afterwards?
Would of thought Boeing would need for a maintenance some sort of
quality control certification before being OK'ed?
Used to like Qantas safety 2nd to none reputation and always used
them.
Not happy with the video claim of alleged recent 6000 deaths from
Boeing aircraft mishaps.
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<l6unoqF5qjaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1453&group=aus.aviation#1453

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 14:25:14 +1100
 by: Daryl - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 03:25 UTC

On 1/4/2024 1:10 pm, Petzl wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 09:21:40 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
> wrote:

>>> Just because some fool claims something...
>>
>> Not much chance that the whistle blower committed suicide and a very
>> high chance that foul play was involved.
>> What I find annoying with the whole Boeing issue is the way its being
>> reported, the news reports are blaming Boeing for what appears to be
>> maintenance faults on older aircraft, also interesting to note that 3
>> recent problems involved United Airlines yet the news reported blamed
>> Boeing instead of asking questions about United maintenance or lack
>> thereof, AFAIK the 777 that lost a wheel was 10yrs old so what that
>> failure has to do with Boeing is a mystery.
>> The door failure on the Alaska flight was definitely a Boeing problem
>> but many of the other problems blamed on Boeing are maintenance issues,
>> not design or QC problems.
>>
> Not sure what is involved un becoming a Boeing maintenance.
> Seem to remember when Qantas shifted it's heavy maintenance to
> Singapore 2019, seem to hit quality problems afterwards?
> Would of thought Boeing would need for a maintenance some sort of
> quality control certification before being OK'ed?

Certainly would, don't know if that certification comes from the
manufacturer or the local aviation authority, probably both.

> Used to like Qantas safety 2nd to none reputation and always used
> them.

They still have that safety reputation, shame that the way they have
treated their customers in recent years has been so poor.

> Not happy with the video claim of alleged recent 6000 deaths from
> Boeing aircraft mishaps.

I didn't watch the video to the very end but that number is bullshit if
it is saying the 6000 is "recent", there hasn't been that number of
people killed in all commercial aircraft crashes in the last 30yrs let
alone just Boeing aircraft.
If you count up the 4 most notable Boeing crashes including the 2 737
Max crashes plus MH370 and the Malaysian Airlines flight that was shoot
down over Ukraine that adds up to 868 fatalities.
Its crazy to blame Boeing for the loss of the 2 Malaysian Airlines
aircraft, one was shot down and the other seems to be due to a
deliberate act of someone on board.
If there was 6000 "recent" deaths on Boeing aircraft no one I know would
be stupid enough to fly in one and all the aircraft would all be grounded.

--
Daryl

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<g8ok0jll0rq5s2atqhee9jsap58cr2mo96@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1454&group=aus.aviation#1454

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 18:37:50 +1100
 by: Petzl - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 07:37 UTC

On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 14:25:14 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
wrote:

>On 1/4/2024 1:10 pm, Petzl wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 09:21:40 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
>> wrote:

>>> Not much chance that the whistle blower committed suicide and a very
>>> high chance that foul play was involved.
>>> What I find annoying with the whole Boeing issue is the way its being
>>> reported, the news reports are blaming Boeing for what appears to be
>>> maintenance faults on older aircraft, also interesting to note that 3
>>> recent problems involved United Airlines yet the news reported blamed
>>> Boeing instead of asking questions about United maintenance or lack
>>> thereof, AFAIK the 777 that lost a wheel was 10yrs old so what that
>>> failure has to do with Boeing is a mystery.
>>> The door failure on the Alaska flight was definitely a Boeing problem
>>> but many of the other problems blamed on Boeing are maintenance issues,
>>> not design or QC problems.
>>>
>> Not sure what is involved un becoming a Boeing maintenance.
>> Seem to remember when Qantas shifted it's heavy maintenance to
>> Singapore 2019, seem to hit quality problems afterwards?
>> Would of thought Boeing would need for a maintenance some sort of
>> quality control certification before being OK'ed?
>
>Certainly would, don't know if that certification comes from the
>manufacturer or the local aviation authority, probably both.
>
>> Used to like Qantas safety 2nd to none reputation and always used
>> them.
>
>They still have that safety reputation, shame that the way they have
>treated their customers in recent years has been so poor.

Never had problems with bad customer service, but air flights have
become cheaper, would say it works both ways there are bad customers
also. The city of London put city circle public transport costs
(bus/rail) up to keep out the riff-raff, seemed to work.

>> Not happy with the video claim of alleged recent 6000 deaths from
>> Boeing aircraft mishaps.

I looked again, over 10 years was not clearly mentioned,
9:29 minute mark

>I didn't watch the video to the very end but that number is bullshit if
>it is saying the 6000 is "recent", there hasn't been that number of
>people killed in all commercial aircraft crashes in the last 30yrs let
>alone just Boeing aircraft.
>If you count up the 4 most notable Boeing crashes including the 2 737
>Max crashes plus MH370 and the Malaysian Airlines flight that was shoot
>down over Ukraine that adds up to 868 fatalities.
>Its crazy to blame Boeing for the loss of the 2 Malaysian Airlines
>aircraft, one was shot down and the other seems to be due to a
>deliberate act of someone on board.
>If there was 6000 "recent" deaths on Boeing aircraft no one I know would
>be stupid enough to fly in one and all the aircraft would all be grounded.

But he was emphasising problems blowing out this year.
Not sure if the 10K figures included terrorism or what ever, maybe.
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<l6v7rqF883bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1455&group=aus.aviation#1455

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:59:54 +1100
 by: Daryl - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 07:59 UTC

On 1/4/2024 6:37 pm, Petzl wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 14:25:14 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/4/2024 1:10 pm, Petzl wrote:

>>> Not sure what is involved un becoming a Boeing maintenance.
>>> Seem to remember when Qantas shifted it's heavy maintenance to
>>> Singapore 2019, seem to hit quality problems afterwards?
>>> Would of thought Boeing would need for a maintenance some sort of
>>> quality control certification before being OK'ed?
>>
>> Certainly would, don't know if that certification comes from the
>> manufacturer or the local aviation authority, probably both.
>>
>>> Used to like Qantas safety 2nd to none reputation and always used
>>> them.
>>
>> They still have that safety reputation, shame that the way they have
>> treated their customers in recent years has been so poor.
>>
> Never had problems with bad customer service, but air flights have
> become cheaper, would say it works both ways there are bad customers
> also.

I was referring to their appalling on time/cancellation record in recent
times, its pretty poor and even worse than their own low cost airline
Jetstar.

The city of London put city circle public transport costs
> (bus/rail) up to keep out the riff-raff, seemed to work.

LOL, I very much doubt that keeping riff raff out was the reason for a
price increase.
Prices might be cheaper than during Covid but they are still up on pre
Covid prices, I've been to London twice, 2014 and 2016 and both times
the flights were well under AU$2000 economy return, not easy to find
flights that cheap unless you want to fly on a Chinese or other dodgy
Asian airline or willing to take about 34hrs+ to get there.

>>> Not happy with the video claim of alleged recent 6000 deaths from
>>> Boeing aircraft mishaps.
>>
> I looked again, over 10 years was not clearly mentioned,
> 9:29 minute mark
>>
>> I didn't watch the video to the very end but that number is bullshit if
>> it is saying the 6000 is "recent", there hasn't been that number of
>> people killed in all commercial aircraft crashes in the last 30yrs let
>> alone just Boeing aircraft.
>> If you count up the 4 most notable Boeing crashes including the 2 737
>> Max crashes plus MH370 and the Malaysian Airlines flight that was shoot
>> down over Ukraine that adds up to 868 fatalities.
>> Its crazy to blame Boeing for the loss of the 2 Malaysian Airlines
>> aircraft, one was shot down and the other seems to be due to a
>> deliberate act of someone on board.
>> If there was 6000 "recent" deaths on Boeing aircraft no one I know would
>> be stupid enough to fly in one and all the aircraft would all be grounded.
>>
> But he was emphasising problems blowing out this year.
> Not sure if the 10K figures included terrorism or what ever, maybe.

Like I said previously he and many other journalists blame Boeing for
problems that are out of their control, if your 10yr old car had a wheel
fall off would you blame the car manufacturer?

--
Daryl

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<op.2lj854asbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1456&group=aus.aviation#1456

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 04:50:18 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 17:50 UTC

Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote

>>> <https://rumble.com/v4mapg5-breaking-boeing-bosses-fired-after-whistleblower-murdered-redacted-with-cla.html>
>>> https://t.ly/HA3cm
>>> BREAKING! Boeing bosses fired after Whistleblower murdered

>> Just because some fool claims something...

> Not much chance that the whistle blower committed suicide

Bullshit given his history of depression.

> and a very high chance that foul play was involved.

Fantasy. Even Boeing wouldnt actually be stupid
enough to have him executed after he had already
exposed the problems in Boeing manufacturing.

> What I find annoying with the whole Boeing issue is the wayits being
> reported, the news reports are blaming Boeing forwhat appears to be
> maintenance faults on older aircraft,

That is completely wrong. The MAX 8 crashes
were brand new aircraft and the Alaskan Airlines
door plug blow out was in fact a very new aircraft
indeed which had not been bolted in at all.

> also interesting to note that 3 recent problems involvedUnited Airlines
> yet the news reported blamed Boeing insteadof asking questions about
> United maintenance or lack thereof,

That's a separate issue to the problem with the MAXs

> AFAIK the 777 that lost a wheel was 10yrs old sowhat that failure has
> to do with Boeing is a mystery.

Depends on what the cause of the loss of the wheel was.

> The door failure on the Alaska flight was definitely a Boeing problem

It was a door PLUG failure, not a door failure.

> but many of the other problems blamed on Boeing aremaintenance issues,
> not design or QC problems.

Just the usual mindless media bullshit.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<op.2lj9g91nbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1457&group=aus.aviation#1457

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 04:56:59 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 17:56 UTC

On Mon, 01 Apr 2024 13:10:41 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 09:21:40 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
> wrote:

>>> Just because some fool claims something...
>>
>> Not much chance that the whistle blower committed suicide and a very
>> high chance that foul play was involved.
>> What I find annoying with the whole Boeing issue is the way its being
>> reported, the news reports are blaming Boeing for what appears to be
>> maintenance faults on older aircraft, also interesting to note that 3
>> recent problems involved United Airlines yet the news reported blamed
>> Boeing instead of asking questions about United maintenance or lack
>> thereof, AFAIK the 777 that lost a wheel was 10yrs old so what that
>> failure has to do with Boeing is a mystery.
>> The door failure on the Alaska flight was definitely a Boeing problem
>> but many of the other problems blamed on Boeing are maintenance issues,
>> not design or QC problems.

> Not sure what is involved un becoming a Boeing maintenance.

Presumably you lost a word there given you are blotto, as always.

If you meant Boeing maintenance person, there is no such individual.
Those allowed to do maintenance on heavys do maintenance on all
heavys, their qualification is not brand specific.

> Seem to remember when Qantas shiftedit's heavy maintenance to
> Singapore 2019,

That isnt what happened.

> seem to hit quality problems afterwards?

The union CLAIMED that and presented no evidence of that.

> Would of thought Boeing would need for a maintenance somesort of
> quality control certification before being OK'ed?

Boeing does not do that maintenance.

> Used to like Qantas safety 2nd to nonereputation and always used them.

Its still true.

> Not happy with the video claim of alleged recent6000 deaths from Boeing
> aircraft mishaps.

Just because some fool claims something...

Why are you a sucker for every stupid claim going ?

Dementia is rife in this one.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<op.2lkacawybyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1458&group=aus.aviation#1458

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 05:15:36 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:15 UTC

Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote
> Petzl wrote
>> Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Not much chance that the whistle blower committed suicide and a very
>>> high chance that foul play was involved.

>>> What I find annoying with the whole Boeing issue is the way its being
>>> reported, the news reports are blaming Boeing for what appears to be
>>> maintenance faults on older aircraft, also interesting to note that 3
>>> recent problems involved United Airlines yet the news reported blamed
>>> Boeing instead of asking questions about United maintenance or lack
>>> thereof, AFAIK the 777 that lost a wheel was 10yrs old so what that
>>> failure has to do with Boeing is a mystery.

>>> The door failure on the Alaska flight was definitely a Boeing problem
>>> but many of the other problems blamed on Boeing are maintenance issues,
>>> not design or QC problems.

>> Not sure what is involved un becoming a Boeing maintenance.
>> Seem to remember when Qantas shifted it's heavy maintenance to
>> Singapore 2019, seem to hit quality problems afterwards?
>> Would of thought Boeing would need for a maintenance some sort of
>> quality control certification before being OK'ed?

> Certainly would, don't know if that certification comes from the
> manufacturer or the local aviation authority, probably both.

Neither in fact. Heavy maintenance isnt done like that.

>> Used to like Qantas safety 2nd to nonereputation and always used them.

> They still have that safety reputation,

It isnt just a reputation, its a fact.

> shame that the way they have treated theircustomers in recent years has
> been so poor.

Beats going broke like Virgin did.

>> Not happy with the video claim of alleged recent6000 deaths from
>> Boeing aircraft mishaps.

> I didn't watch the video to the very end but that number is bullshit if
> it is saying the 6000 is "recent", there hasn't been that number of
> people killed in all commercial aircraft crashes in the last 30yrs let
> alone just Boeing aircraft.

Yep, just more utterly mindless bullshit and the pretzel is so
drug crazed and perpetually blotto to even notice how stupid
the claim is, just mindlessly waves it around as always.

You should see the mindless shit he keeps spewing about
the 2020 US presidential election in aus.politics, stupidly
claiminug that the real vote was Trump: 103 million votes
Dementia Joe: 37 million votes

Pity if that was real that would mean a total vote that
has not been seen in a presidential eleciton for more
than 50 fucking years, in the most controversial
presidenial election in far more than that time.

He also stupidly claimed that Biden only actually
got 8% of the vote, which doesn't even come close
to his other stupid numbers.

Completely off with the fucking fairys, as always.

Tho it is interesting to watch what florid dementia
can do to someone who was once at least partly
rational at times.

> If you count up the 4 most notable Boeing crashes including the2 737
> Max crashes plus MH370 and the Malaysian Airlines flightthat was shoot
> down over Ukraine that adds up to 868 fatalities.

Yeah, completely off with the fucking fairys.

> Its crazy to blame Boeing for the loss of the 2 MalaysianAirlines
> aircraft, one was shot down and the otherseems to be due to a
> deliberate act of someone on board.

In fact it has to be one of the pilots given the tracking
of the aircraft was deliberately turned off.

> If there was 6000 "recent" deaths on Boeing aircraftno one I know would
> be stupid enough to fly in oneand all the aircraft would all be
> grounded.

Yeah, that fool in the video is completely off with the fucking
fairys and the pretzel is too blind drunk to even notice.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<op.2lkaiyyzbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1459&group=aus.aviation#1459

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 05:19:36 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:19 UTC

On Mon, 01 Apr 2024 18:37:50 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 14:25:14 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/4/2024 1:10 pm, Petzl wrote:

>>> Not sure what is involved un becoming a Boeing maintenance.
>>> Seem to remember when Qantas shifted it's heavy maintenance to
>>> Singapore 2019, seem to hit quality problems afterwards?
>>> Would of thought Boeing would need for a maintenance some sort of
>>> quality control certification before being OK'ed?
>>
>> Certainly would, don't know if that certification comes from the
>> manufacturer or the local aviation authority, probably both.
>>
>>> Used to like Qantas safety 2nd to none reputation and always used
>>> them.
>>
>> They still have that safety reputation, shame that the way they have
>> treated their customers in recent years has been so poor.
>>
> Never had problems with bad customer service, but air flights have
> become cheaper, would say it works both ways there are bad customers
> also.

> The city of London put city circle public transport costs
> (bus/rail) up to keep out the riff-raff, seemed to work.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something...

>>> Not happy with the video claim of alleged recent 6000 deaths from
>>> Boeing aircraft mishaps.

> I looked again, over 10 years was not clearly mentioned,
> 9:29 minute mark

Still a bare faced lie.

>> I didn't watch the video to the very end but that number is bullshit if
>> it is saying the 6000 is "recent", there hasn't been that number of
>> people killed in all commercial aircraft crashes in the last 30yrs let
>> alone just Boeing aircraft.
>> If you count up the 4 most notable Boeing crashes including the 2 737
>> Max crashes plus MH370 and the Malaysian Airlines flight that was shoot
>> down over Ukraine that adds up to 868 fatalities.
>> Its crazy to blame Boeing for the loss of the 2 Malaysian Airlines
>> aircraft, one was shot down and the other seems to be due to a
>> deliberate act of someone on board.
>> If there was 6000 "recent" deaths on Boeing aircraft no one I know would
>> be stupid enough to fly in one and all the aircraft would all be
>> grounded.

> But he was emphasising problems blowing out this year.

Another bare faced lie. The door plug blow out
was nothing even remotely like the MAX 8 losses.

> Not sure if the 10K figures included terrorism or what ever, maybe.

Not true even if it did and clearly terrorism has
nothing to do with how Boeing does things.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<op.2lkanecmbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1460&group=aus.aviation#1460

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 05:22:16 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:22 UTC

On Mon, 01 Apr 2024 18:59:54 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote:

> On 1/4/2024 6:37 pm, Petzl wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 14:25:14 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
>> wrote:

>>> Certainly would, don't know if that certification comes from the
>>> manufacturer or the local aviation authority, probably both.

>>> They still have that safety reputation, shame that the way they have
>>> treated their customers in recent years has been so poor.
>>>
>> Never had problems with bad customer service, but air flights have
>> become cheaper, would say it works both ways there are bad customers
>> also.
>
> I was referring to their appalling on time/cancellation record in recent
> times, its pretty poor and even worse than their own low cost airline
> Jetstar.
>
> The city of London put city circle public transport costs
>> (bus/rail) up to keep out the riff-raff, seemed to work.
>
> LOL, I very much doubt that keeping riff raff out was the reason for a
> price increase.
> Prices might be cheaper than during Covid but they are still up on pre
> Covid prices, I've been to London twice, 2014 and 2016 and both times
> the flights were well under AU$2000 economy return, not easy to find
> flights that cheap unless you want to fly on a Chinese or other dodgy
> Asian airline or willing to take about 34hrs+ to get there.

>> I looked again, over 10 years was not clearly mentioned,
>> 9:29 minute mark
>>>
>>> I didn't watch the video to the very end but that number is bullshit if
>>> it is saying the 6000 is "recent", there hasn't been that number of
>>> people killed in all commercial aircraft crashes in the last 30yrs let
>>> alone just Boeing aircraft.
>>> If you count up the 4 most notable Boeing crashes including the 2 737
>>> Max crashes plus MH370 and the Malaysian Airlines flight that was shoot
>>> down over Ukraine that adds up to 868 fatalities.
>>> Its crazy to blame Boeing for the loss of the 2 Malaysian Airlines
>>> aircraft, one was shot down and the other seems to be due to a
>>> deliberate act of someone on board.
>>> If there was 6000 "recent" deaths on Boeing aircraft no one I know
>>> would
>>> be stupid enough to fly in one and all the aircraft would all be
>>> grounded.
>>>
>> But he was emphasising problems blowing out this year.
>> Not sure if the 10K figures included terrorism or what ever, maybe.
>
> Like I said previously he and many other journalists blame Boeing for
> problems that are out of their control,

> if your 10yr old car had a wheel fall off would you blame the car
> manufacturer?

Yes, if the design meant that that was even possible

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<f7gm0jpm270n4mepv4jnb9alc45c805e13@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1461&group=aus.aviation#1461

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 10:29:15 +1100
 by: Petzl - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 23:29 UTC

On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:59:54 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
wrote:

>I've been to London twice, 2014 and 2016 and both times
>the flights were well under AU$2000 economy return,

Just looked for next month return from Sydney to London
https://t.ly/Udyzo
Economy 29 hours
1 stop (2) in Singapore
AU$1,903 so still under $2k (even cheaper if you include Hotel)
<https://www.wotif.com/?pwaLob=wizard-package-pwa>
https://t.ly/TUkhk
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<htgm0jlbj0gkkc38frd7ig235l0p6i39de@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1462&group=aus.aviation#1462

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 10:35:21 +1100
 by: Petzl - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 23:35 UTC

On Tue, 02 Apr 2024 05:15:36 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

Sniped
Rod Speed's dubious ouija board checker

>Beats going broke like Virgin did.

Yes doubt if Australia can support the many Airlines serving Australia
maybe 3 at most.
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<op.2lkphzpgbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1463&group=aus.aviation#1463

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 10:43:01 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 23:43 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>> Beats going broke like Virgin did.

> Yes doubt if Australia can support the manyAirlines serving Australia
> maybe 3 at most.

I thought Bonza might be gone by now.

Going to be interesting to watch.

Rex is expanding but is having a hell of
a problem with getting enough pilots.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<r7jm0j9u9a1882vsi8vlverfi26fjagnkr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1464&group=aus.aviation#1464

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 11:23:26 +1100
 by: Petzl - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 00:23 UTC

On Tue, 02 Apr 2024 10:43:01 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>
>>> Beats going broke like Virgin did.
>
>> Yes doubt if Australia can support the manyAirlines serving Australia
>> maybe 3 at most.
>
>I thought Bonza might be gone by now.
>
>Going to be interesting to watch.
>
>Rex is expanding but is having a hell of
>a problem with getting enough pilots.

Not enough long term job's IMO
Sydney Mascot is moving half it's control tower staff.
Moving them to Melbourne.
<https://www.civilair.asn.au/news/2554-smh-plan-to-shift-half-of-sydney-s-air-traffic-controllers-to-melbourne>
https://t.ly/oLRI0
Plan to shift half of Sydney’s air traffic controllers to Melbourne
Aircraft flying through all but a small part of greater Sydney’s
airspace would be handled by a control centre in Melbourne under a
controversial plan partly aimed at cutting costs by shifting up to
half the city’s air traffic controllers to Victoria.
Airservices Australia’s plan to relocate up to 65 air traffic
controllers to Melbourne from its terminal control unit at Sydney
Airport is contained in internal briefing documents seen by The Sydney
Morning Herald and The Age.
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<op.2lkryhxgbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1465&group=aus.aviation#1465

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 11:36:07 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 00:36 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Yes doubt if Australia can support the many Airlines serving
>>> Australia maybe 3 at most.

>> I thought Bonza might be gone by now.

>> Going to be interesting to watch.

>> Rex is expanding but is having a hell of
>> a problem with getting enough pilots.

> Not enough long term job's IMO

Can't see that.

> Sydney Mascot is moving half it's control tower staff.
> Moving them to Melbourne.
> <https://www.civilair.asn.au/news/2554-smh-plan-to-shift-half-of-sydney-s-air-traffic-controllers-to-melbourne>
> https://t.ly/oLRI0
> Plan to shift half of Sydney’s air traffic controllers to Melbourne
> Aircraft flying through all but a small part of greater Sydney’s
> airspace would be handled by a control centre in Melbourne under a
> controversial plan partly aimed at cutting costs by shifting up to
> half the city’s air traffic controllers to Victoria.
> Airservices Australia’s plan to relocate up to 65 air traffic
> controllers to Melbourne from its terminal control unit at Sydney
> Airport is contained in internal briefing documents seen by The Sydney
> Morning Herald and The Age.

We'll see...

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<l717obFhi0gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1466&group=aus.aviation#1466

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 13:10:19 +1100
 by: Daryl - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 02:10 UTC

On 2/4/2024 5:22 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Apr 2024 18:59:54 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote:
>
>> On 1/4/2024 6:37 pm, Petzl wrote:

>>> Never had problems with bad customer service, but air flights have
>>> become cheaper, would say it works both ways there are bad customers
>>> also.
>>
>> I was referring to their appalling on time/cancellation record in
>> recent times, its pretty poor and even worse than their own low cost
>> airline Jetstar.
>>
>> The city of London put city circle public transport costs
>>> (bus/rail) up to keep out the riff-raff, seemed to work.
>>
>> LOL, I very much doubt that keeping riff raff out was the reason for a
>> price increase.
>> Prices might be cheaper than during Covid but they are still up on pre
>> Covid prices, I've been to London twice, 2014 and 2016 and both times
>> the flights were well under AU$2000 economy return, not easy to find
>> flights that cheap unless you want to fly on a Chinese or other dodgy
>> Asian airline or willing to take about 34hrs+ to get there.

>>> I looked again, over 10 years was not clearly mentioned,
>>> 9:29 minute mark

>>> But he was emphasising problems blowing out this year.
>>> Not sure if the 10K figures included terrorism or what ever, maybe.
>>
>> Like I said previously he and many other journalists blame Boeing for
>> problems that are out of their control,
>
>> if your 10yr old car had a wheel  fall off would you blame the car
>> manufacturer?
>
> Yes, if the design meant that that was even possible

If wheels were regularly falling off the same make and model of car or
aircraft then it could be a design fault but if its just a random event
them more likely to be a maintenance issue.

--
Daryl

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<l71819Fhi0gU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1467&group=aus.aviation#1467

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 13:15:04 +1100
 by: Daryl - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 02:15 UTC

On 2/4/2024 10:29 am, Petzl wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:59:54 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>> I've been to London twice, 2014 and 2016 and both times
>> the flights were well under AU$2000 economy return,
>>
> Just looked for next month return from Sydney to London
> https://t.ly/Udyzo
> Economy 29 hours

29hrs means a long stop over in Singapore, try looking for flights with
less than 24 hrs total travel time and watch the prices increase.

--
Daryl

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<h6om0j94mr65pssde8erp8fjja74bi4fbl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1468&group=aus.aviation#1468

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 13:15:21 +1100
 by: Petzl - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 02:15 UTC

On Tue, 02 Apr 2024 11:36:07 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote

>>> I thought Bonza might be gone by now.
>
>>> Going to be interesting to watch.
>
>>> Rex is expanding but is having a hell of
>>> a problem with getting enough pilots.
>
>> Not enough long term job's IMO
>
>Can't see that.
>
>> Sydney Mascot is moving half it's control tower staff.
>> Moving them to Melbourne.
>> <https://www.civilair.asn.au/news/2554-smh-plan-to-shift-half-of-sydney-s-air-traffic-controllers-to-melbourne>
>> https://t.ly/oLRI0
>> Plan to shift half of Sydney’s air traffic controllers to Melbourne
>> Aircraft flying through all but a small part of greater Sydney’s
>> airspace would be handled by a control centre in Melbourne under a
>> controversial plan partly aimed at cutting costs by shifting up to
>> half the city’s air traffic controllers to Victoria.
>> Airservices Australia’s plan to relocate up to 65 air traffic
>> controllers to Melbourne from its terminal control unit at Sydney
>> Airport is contained in internal briefing documents seen by The Sydney
>> Morning Herald and The Age.
>
>We'll see...

Possibly "our" government believing it's own bull about the
infrastructure for the Western Sydney Airport all that is showing is a
LGBTQ+ rainbow spiral
https://ibb.co/52ZsB5m
for a cost of more than $500 million to the , at least Thats what NSW
has paid the government bureaucrats have paid for infrastructure of
western Sydney aerotropolis Government oversight body!
Some big wheelers and dealers not seeing the humor in this joke
https://t.ly/fAf5D
A case of don't believe everything you read!
Our Government and media often lies to us intentionally
<https://www.governmentnews.com.au/bradfield-blueprint-slammed-for-lack-of-infrastructure-planning/>
https://t.ly/e7Vmt
Liverpool Mayor Ned Mannoun: infrastructure ignored
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<6kqm0jljt8l6rda1t7b9eamkmj3meb6adb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1469&group=aus.aviation#1469

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 13:25:23 +1100
 by: Petzl - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 02:25 UTC

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 13:15:04 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
wrote:

>On 2/4/2024 10:29 am, Petzl wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:59:54 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've been to London twice, 2014 and 2016 and both times
>>> the flights were well under AU$2000 economy return,
>>>
>> Just looked for next month return from Sydney to London
>> https://t.ly/Udyzo
>> Economy 29 hours
>
>29hrs means a long stop over in Singapore, try looking for flights with
>less than 24 hrs total travel time and watch the prices increase.

But cheaper if you go by others but you and luggage end up in another
carrier (but even cheaper). Seems AFIAK that is the only way to get to
London totally via Qantas?
29hrs you could break jet lag by splitting trip by a stay over in
Singapore catching QANTAS the next time it comes through?
If not dedicated to Qantas trips are cheaper by a few hundred $$ and
25 hours.
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<l71ae3Fhq7rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1470&group=aus.aviation#1470

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 13:56:03 +1100
 by: Xeno - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 02:56 UTC

On 2/4/2024 4:56 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Apr 2024 13:10:41 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 09:21:40 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
>> wrote:

>>> Not much chance that the whistle blower committed suicide and a very
>>> high chance that foul play was involved.
>>> What I find annoying with the whole Boeing issue is the way its being
>>> reported, the news reports are blaming Boeing for what appears to be
>>> maintenance faults on older aircraft, also interesting to note that 3
>>> recent problems involved United Airlines yet the news reported blamed
>>> Boeing instead of asking questions about United maintenance or lack
>>> thereof, AFAIK the 777 that lost a wheel was 10yrs old so what that
>>> failure has to do with Boeing is a mystery.
>>> The door failure on the Alaska flight was definitely a Boeing problem
>>> but many of the other problems blamed on Boeing are maintenance issues,
>>> not design or QC problems.
>
>> Not sure what is involved un becoming a Boeing maintenance.
>
> Presumably you lost a word there given you are blotto, as always.
>
> If you meant Boeing maintenance person, there is no such individual.

I beg to differ. There are indeed licenced aircraft maintenance
engineers known in the industry as LAMEs. Not only are they *licenced*
but they are also required to be *type certified*. That means a LAME can
be type certified on Boeing 747s but not the Max. Type certification is
required in order to sign off on aircraft. So, yes, you can be a Boeing
maintenance person if they are the only aircraft you are certified to
work on. A friend here, a LAME(Engines-turbine) used to be certified for
specific Boeing commercial airliner aircraft types in his younger days
but those certs have long since lapsed. These days he remains certified
on smaller turbine aircraft, like the Cessnas, and even at the ripe old
age of 74, his services are still in high demand in Oceana and Africa,

https://www.casa.gov.au/licences-and-certificates/maintenance-engineers/about-aircraft-maintenance-engineers

Unlicensed aircraft maintenance engineers (AMEs) and licensed aircraft
maintenance engineers (LAMEs) maintain:
light aircraft
rotorcraft
large commercial aircraft.

AMEs and LAMEs inspect, maintain and repair aircraft:
structures
powerplants (engines)
mechanical and electrical systems
avionics systems.

The work is diverse, disciplined and regulated in Australia and
internationally. The aviation industry uses advanced technology and new
aircraft, with increasing reliance on computerised flight control and
aircraft management systems. The use of electronic and computer
equipment is an important aspect of an aircraft engineer’s skills.

Unlicensed aircraft engineer (AME)
An AME works under the direction of a licensed aircraft engineer to
carry out servicing and maintenance work. They must meet a range of
local and international aviation standards to ensure the aircraft is
airworthy.

An AME’s job is to maintain and service aircraft in approved maintenance
organisations:

located in Australia
operated by Australian or overseas companies located overseas.

Licensed aircraft engineer (LAME)
The main role of a LAME is to
supervise the work of other aircraft engineers
sign off on work, confirming its completion to the required standard
certify the aircraft is fit to fly.
LAMEs can also carry out servicing and maintenance work.

In some cases, an aircraft maintenance team will comprise of:
apprentices
aviation maintenance workers
AMEs
LAMEs.
They will have skills across different specialisations, including:

mechanical
structures
avionics.

> Those allowed to do maintenance on heavys do maintenance on all
> heavys, their qualification is not brand specific.

Qualifications, no, type certification is brand *and* aircraft type
specific.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<4e0n0jdfgj458j709dbd7o10brp4f13601@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1471&group=aus.aviation#1471

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 14:57:54 +1100
 by: Petzl - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 03:57 UTC

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 13:56:03 +1100, Xeno <xenolith@optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

>>> Not sure what is involved un becoming a Boeing maintenance.
>>
>> Presumably you lost a word there given you are blotto, as always.
>>
>> If you meant Boeing maintenance person, there is no such individual.
>
>I beg to differ. There are indeed licenced aircraft maintenance
>engineers known in the industry as LAMEs. Not only are they *licenced*
>but they are also required to be *type certified*. That means a LAME can
>be type certified on Boeing 747s but not the Max. Type certification is
>required in order to sign off on aircraft. So, yes, you can be a Boeing
>maintenance person if they are the only aircraft you are certified to
>work on. A friend here, a LAME(Engines-turbine) used to be certified for
>specific Boeing commercial airliner aircraft types in his younger days
>but those certs have long since lapsed. These days he remains certified
>on smaller turbine aircraft, like the Cessnas, and even at the ripe old
>age of 74, his services are still in high demand in Oceana and Africa,
>
>https://www.casa.gov.au/licences-and-certificates/maintenance-engineers/about-aircraft-maintenance-engineers
>
>Unlicensed aircraft maintenance engineers (AMEs) and licensed aircraft

A retired old Dutch/Australian friend of mine was one, he worked for
Qantas at Mascot and qualified
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: If it's BOEING I'm not going? Gone woke going broke!

<op.2lk1gpfubyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1472&group=aus.aviation#1472

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 15:01:27 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 04:01 UTC

On Tue, 02 Apr 2024 13:10:19 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote:

> On 2/4/2024 5:22 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>> On Mon, 01 Apr 2024 18:59:54 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
>> wrote:

>>> I was referring to their appalling on time/cancellation record in
>>> recent times, its pretty poor and even worse than their own low cost
>>> airline Jetstar.
>>>
>>> The city of London put city circle public transport costs
>>>
>>> LOL, I very much doubt that keeping riff raff out was the reason for a
>>> price increase.
>>> Prices might be cheaper than during Covid but they are still up on pre
>>> Covid prices, I've been to London twice, 2014 and 2016 and both times
>>> the flights were well under AU$2000 economy return, not easy to find
>>> flights that cheap unless you want to fly on a Chinese or other dodgy
>>> Asian airline or willing to take about 34hrs+ to get there.

>>> Like I said previously he and many other journalists blame Boeing for
>>> problems that are out of their control,
>>
>>> if your 10yr old car had a wheel fall off would you blame the car
>>> manufacturer?
>> Yes, if the design meant that that was even possible

> If wheels were regularly falling off the same make andmodel of car or
> aircraft then it could be a design fault

Of course it would be. Wheels shouldnt ever fall off.

> but if its just a random event

A wheel falling off never is. It has fallen off for a reason.

> them more likely to be a maintenance issue.

You shouldnt have to do any maintenance to stop the wheel
falling off. It should be designed so that it doesnt fall off.