From: NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Subject: Pirelli in short supply?
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 13:10:17 +0000
 by: GB - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 13:10 UTC

My car has Pirelli P7 tyres, and one is worn. It's almost impossible to
find a supplier of the size I need. Is there some particular reason for
this, or just general supply chain problems?

Re: Pirelli in short supply?

<jt7nh0FjnolU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1468&group=uk.rec.cars.maintenance#1468

From: mills37.fslife@gmail.com (Roger Mills)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Subject: Re: Pirelli in short supply?
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 19:53:03 +0000
 by: Roger Mills - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 19:53 UTC

On 11/11/2022 13:10, GB wrote:
> My car has Pirelli P7 tyres, and one is worn. It's almost impossible to
> find a supplier of the size I need.  Is there some particular reason for
> this, or just general supply chain problems?

Do you need an unusual size?

Have you tried Black Circles - they appear to have P7's in a wide range
of sizes?

See:
https://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/pirelli/p7-cinturato#anchorAllSizes

--
Cheers,
Roger

Re: Pirelli in short supply?

<tko19c$15kdc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1469&group=uk.rec.cars.maintenance#1469

From: NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 11:50:06 +0000
 by: GB - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 11:50 UTC

On 11/11/2022 19:53, Roger Mills wrote:
> On 11/11/2022 13:10, GB wrote:
>> My car has Pirelli P7 tyres, and one is worn. It's almost impossible
>> to find a supplier of the size I need.  Is there some particular
>> reason for this, or just general supply chain problems?
>>

> Do you need an unusual size?
>
> Have you tried Black Circles - they appear to have P7's in a wide range
> of sizes?
>
> See:
> https://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/pirelli/p7-cinturato#anchorAllSizes

Yes, they do have my size. £150 seems like a lot to me, though, and I
was wondering why there's not more competition.

I asked one of the tyre places, and they say there's not much stock around.

Re: Pirelli in short supply?

<tkpcn4$1929c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1470&group=uk.rec.cars.maintenance#1470

From: fredxx@spam.uk (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 00:11:14 +0000
 by: Fredxx - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 00:11 UTC

On 12/11/2022 11:50, GB wrote:
> On 11/11/2022 19:53, Roger Mills wrote:
>> On 11/11/2022 13:10, GB wrote:
>>> My car has Pirelli P7 tyres, and one is worn. It's almost impossible
>>> to find a supplier of the size I need.  Is there some particular
>>> reason for this, or just general supply chain problems?
>>>

>> Do you need an unusual size?
>>
>> Have you tried Black Circles - they appear to have P7's in a wide
>> range of sizes?
>>
>> See:
>> https://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/pirelli/p7-cinturato#anchorAllSizes
>

> Yes, they do have my size. £150 seems like a lot to me, though, and I
> was wondering why there's not more competition.
>
> I asked one of the tyre places, and they say there's not much stock around.

Unless it's a problem with the manufacture of tyres I find exotic tyre
sizes go in circles. High price initially -> then low price because few
cars are manufactured to take the size and stocks are abundant (they do
have a shelf-life) -> high price as stock isn't replaced.

Any reason why you specifically want a Pirelli? There are other makes.
Perhaps Pirelli have stopped manufacturing them through lack of demand?

Re: Pirelli in short supply?

<tkqqin$1f4up$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1471&group=uk.rec.cars.maintenance#1471

From: NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 13:14:01 +0000
 by: GB - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 13:14 UTC

On 13/11/2022 00:11, Fredxx wrote:
> On 12/11/2022 11:50, GB wrote:
>>>>

>>> Do you need an unusual size?
>>>
>>> Have you tried Black Circles - they appear to have P7's in a wide
>>> range of sizes?
>>>
>>> See:
>>> https://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/pirelli/p7-cinturato#anchorAllSizes
>>>

>> Yes, they do have my size. £150 seems like a lot to me, though, and I
>> was wondering why there's not more competition.
>>
>> I asked one of the tyre places, and they say there's not much stock
>> around.
>
> Unless it's a problem with the manufacture of tyres I find exotic tyre
> sizes go in circles. High price initially -> then low price because few
> cars are manufactured to take the size and stocks are abundant (they do
> have a shelf-life) -> high price as stock isn't replaced.
>
> Any reason why you specifically want a Pirelli? There are other makes.
> Perhaps Pirelli have stopped manufacturing them through lack of demand?

The plan was just to replace one, as the others were not flagged up in
the last MOT. Looking round the car, they are all looking a tad elderly,
so maybe now's the time to shell out £500, say, and replace them all? If
so, I have no idea which tyres to get?

There's no spare, btw.

Re: Pirelli in short supply?

<5a46bee6f3dave@davenoise.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1472&group=uk.rec.cars.maintenance#1472

From: dave@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 14:48:47 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 14:48 UTC

In article <tklhjn$rpej$1@dont-email.me>,
GB <NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid> wrote:
> My car has Pirelli P7 tyres, and one is worn. It's almost impossible to
> find a supplier of the size I need. Is there some particular reason for
> this, or just general supply chain problems?

I needed a new set a few months ago. Pirelli were on special offer at
Kwikfit.

--
*I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe*

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Re: Pirelli in short supply?

<jtf0dvFoo6lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1473&group=uk.rec.cars.maintenance#1473

From: mills37.fslife@gmail.com (Roger Mills)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:07:58 +0000
 by: Roger Mills - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:07 UTC

On 13/11/2022 13:14, GB wrote:

> The plan was just to replace one, as the others were not flagged up in
> the last MOT. Looking round the car, they are all looking a tad elderly,
> so maybe now's the time to shell out £500, say, and replace them all? If
> so, I have no idea which tyres to get?
>
> There's no spare, btw.

In that case, have you considered Runflat tyres?
--
Cheers,
Roger