From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Another two seats fall to Labour
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 15:50:22 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 16 Feb 2024 15:50 UTC

Wellingborough

Labour : 45.9%, +19.5%
Conservative : 24.6%, -37.6%
Reform : 13.0%, +13.0%
Lib Dem : 4.7%, -3.1%
Ind : 3.7%, + 3.7%
Green : 3.4%, -0.1%

Kingswood

Labour : 44.9%, +11.5%
Conservative : 34.9%, -21.3%
Reform : 10.4%, +10.4%
Green : 5.8%, +3.4%
Lib Dem : 3.5%, -3.5%
UKIP : 0.5%, 0.5%

Tories were unsurprisingly the big losers.

Reform the big winners, rising from nothing, but still with little to show for it other than revealing some people still don't consider the nasty party to be nasty enough.

Lib Dems appear to have lost badly but that can be attributed to tactical voting. Though, with only half having done that, it shows the very real possibility that those who won't could end up splitting the anti-tory vote and allow them to get back in again.

Re: Another two seats fall to Labour

<EbSzN.32677$Fr1.17783@fx11.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14873&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#14873

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: Another two seats fall to Labour
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 23:27:32 GMT
 by: TWP - Fri, 16 Feb 2024 23:27 UTC

On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 15:50:22 +0000, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> Wellingborough
>
> Labour : 45.9%, +19.5% Conservative : 24.6%, -37.6%
> Reform : 13.0%, +13.0%
> Lib Dem : 4.7%, -3.1%
> Ind : 3.7%, + 3.7%
> Green : 3.4%, -0.1%
>
> Kingswood
>
> Labour : 44.9%, +11.5% Conservative : 34.9%, -21.3%
> Reform : 10.4%, +10.4% Green : 5.8%, +3.4%
> Lib Dem : 3.5%, -3.5%
> UKIP : 0.5%, 0.5%
>
> Tories were unsurprisingly the big losers.
>
> Reform the big winners, rising from nothing, but still with little to
> show for it other than revealing some people still don't consider the
> nasty party to be nasty enough.
>
> Lib Dems appear to have lost badly but that can be attributed to
> tactical voting. Though, with only half having done that, it shows the
> very real possibility that those who won't could end up splitting the
> anti-tory vote and allow them to get back in again.

I don't think you'll be any happier with Labour in power. I don't
remember you enjoying the reign of Tony Blair and/or Gordon Brown.

If Labour get in power it'll be more because it's their turn in the ebb
and flow of our politics than because they deserve it more. I expect
they'll still want us all to carry ID cards, they'll probably want a
sashless society where the government get to monitor and optionally
approve every transaction and they'll be getting on with reviving the
"People's Vote" campaign to bet us back in the EU.

The Conseratives's screw-ups are simply newer than Labour's. Labour have
been cleansed by time.

As the Joker said, "This town needs an enema!"

Re: Another two seats fall to Labour

<20240217133542.00001df8@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14877&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#14877

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 13:35:42 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 13:35 UTC

On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 23:27:32 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 15:50:22 +0000, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
> > Wellingborough
> >
> > Labour : 45.9%, +19.5% Conservative : 24.6%, -37.6%
> > Reform : 13.0%, +13.0%
> > Lib Dem : 4.7%, -3.1%
> > Ind : 3.7%, + 3.7%
> > Green : 3.4%, -0.1%
> >
> > Kingswood
> >
> > Labour : 44.9%, +11.5% Conservative : 34.9%, -21.3%
> > Reform : 10.4%, +10.4% Green : 5.8%, +3.4%
> > Lib Dem : 3.5%, -3.5%
> > UKIP : 0.5%, 0.5%
> >
> > Tories were unsurprisingly the big losers.
> >
> > Reform the big winners, rising from nothing, but still with little
> > to show for it other than revealing some people still don't
> > consider the nasty party to be nasty enough.
> >
> > Lib Dems appear to have lost badly but that can be attributed to
> > tactical voting. Though, with only half having done that, it shows
> > the very real possibility that those who won't could end up
> > splitting the anti-tory vote and allow them to get back in again.
>

> I don't think you'll be any happier with Labour in power. I don't
> remember you enjoying the reign of Tony Blair and/or Gordon Brown.
>
> If Labour get in power it'll be more because it's their turn in the
> ebb and flow of our politics than because they deserve it more. I
> expect they'll still want us all to carry ID cards, they'll probably
> want a sashless society where the government get to monitor and
> optionally approve every transaction and they'll be getting on with
> reviving the "People's Vote" campaign to bet us back in the EU.
>
> The Conseratives's screw-ups are simply newer than Labour's. Labour
> have been cleansed by time.
>
> As the Joker said, "This town needs an enema!"

I don't expect it will be much better under Labour but hopefully it won't be quite so bad as under tories and they will likely lean towards hand-outs to the people rather than business.

I believe you have gone OTT on how bad it will be. It's tories and capitalists who want a cashless society, want to de-bank people, pocket money which should right;y be going to the country. It's capitalists who want smart meters so they can simply cut people off, tory extremists who want ID cards. It was capitalists who engineered soaring inflation, capitalists who won't cut interest rates, capitalists who have plunged us into the cost of living crisis, forced us into recession. It was Truss and rightwing extremists who crashed the economy.

And you are worried what Labour might do ?

I don't know why you get so fussed about the country voting to rejoin the EU. If it's the will of the people then that is what the people should have. That's what Rees-Mogg and the brextremists say. And they are right.

Re: Another two seats fall to Labour

<oQ6AN.292067$Ama9.146883@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14887&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#14887

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 13:23:11 -0500
 by: JeSSe - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 18:23 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:

> I don't know why you get so fussed about the country voting to rejoin the EU.

They'll make you get down on your knees and lick unwashed ass crack
before they even consider letting you back in - You and your types are
just the ones to do it [obviously].