From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: A day in the life of Alexei Navalny
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 18:50:38 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 18:50 UTC

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/24/alexei-navalny-loses-amnesty-prisoner-of-conscience-label

<quotes>

Amnesty International has said it will cease calling Alexei Navalny a "prisoner of conscience", following pressure to condemn anti-migrant statements he made in the 2000s as hate speech.

"Yes, we are no longer going to use the phrase 'prisoner of conscience' in regards to Navalny insofar as our law and policy department, having reviewed Navalny's remarks from the mid-2000s, came to the conclusion that they meet the level of 'hate speech'"

In a crowing tweet, the head of Russia's state-funded TV network RT wrote that the west was "crying that this came after our columnist used concrete examples that reminded everyone Navalny is a Nazi".

</quotes>

Amnesty did reverse its decision after Navalny, like Farage, pivoted from being a blatant far right racist to focusing on other issues, and the Axis of Evil can always find an excuse to be apologists for Nazis when it comes to criticising Russia or Putin.

The west have been more than ready to turn a blind eye to Navalny's Nazi ideology, just as they have done for Ukrainians.

And a survey revealing he only had 19% support in Russia, 59% opposing him, won't stop them pretending he was some sort of messiah who has walked amongst Russians, some kind of Axis of Evil hero.