Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 08:05:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: remember this Benny Hill sketch?
From: thewhitehorses@googlemail.com (hazchem)
 by: hazchem - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 15:05 UTC

On Friday, 6 November 2009 at 10:49:05 UTC, Andy Pandy wrote:
> "Ian F." <wowfab...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> > "hazchem" <thewhit...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> Do you remember the sketch with Paula Wilcox where she calls round to
> >> his home and he has to try and hide his sex doll?
> >
> > I can't imagine there was anything like a 'sex doll' in those days, or
> > that - even if there was - one would ever be featured in a Benny Hill
> > show.
> Are you serious?? Of course there were (er... so I'm told).
> And it's *exactly* the sort of thing which BH would have featured!
> --
> Andy
I have managed to track down this particular Benny Hill sketch. There is a version dubbed into French and another version dubbed into Spanish where you can still hear some of the original dialogue. I'm still looking for an English language version or a transcript. Below I have copied-and-pasted something from here https://benny-hill.fandom.com/wiki/Cyril_Goody

"Cyril Goody is a lonesome character who lives alone in his home learning Spanish from his Conchetta Paloma records with his life-size blow-up doll as his only companion. When his neighbor, Carol Potts, arrives distraught after losing her boyfriend, Fred, to her rival, Mabel Tessler, she comes over looking for solace over the break-up. Cyril attempts to off-handedly earn her interest with a bottle of champagne, telling her "it's like sherry," but she never seems to notice his nervous romantic inclinations. Unfortunately, as Cyril's doll springs a leak, it starts making noises that offend her, Miss Potts instead thinks they are sounds of derision toward her. She even calls Cyril "Cecil" at one point as she keeps getting inebriated under the effects of his wine, and when he tries to kiss her, she tries to throw him out of his house, forgetting just where she actually is. Meanwhile, the noises force Cyril to reveal his doll hidden under his sofa, and Miss Potts runs out, offended and disgusted, leaving Cyril to his inflatable girlfriend."