From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Trident missile misfired and crashed into ocean during rare test
launch
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 01:44:47 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 01:44 UTC

https://news.sky.com/story/trident-missile-misfired-and-crashed-into-ocean-
during-rare-test-launch-13076724

The Ministry of Defence said an "anomaly" occurred during the drill off
the coast of Florida but insisted the nuclear deterrent "remains safe,
secure and effective".

A Trident missile has misfired and crashed into the ocean off the coast of
Florida during a rare test launch by a British nuclear submarine in an
embarrassing blow for the Royal Navy.

The Ministry of Defence on Tuesday night confirmed an "anomaly" had
occurred with the drill involving HMS Vanguard, but a spokesperson
insisted that the nuclear deterrent - the cornerstone of the UK's defences
- "remains safe, secure and effective".

The fault had something to do with it being a test-firing, with a source
saying that the launch would have been successful had it been carried out
for real with a nuclear warhead.

------------

It reminds me of "Dr Strangelove"

Re: Trident missile misfired and crashed into ocean during rare test launch

<20240221211955.00005bc1@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14935&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#14935

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Trident missile misfired and crashed into ocean during rare
test launch
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 21:19:55 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 21:19 UTC

On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 01:44:47 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A Trident missile has misfired and crashed into the ocean off the
> coast of Florida

At least we had the good sense not to launch it anywhere near ourselves.

Re: Trident missile misfired and crashed into ocean during rare test launch

<20240222141019.0000164c@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14947&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#14947

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
test launch
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 14:10:19 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 14:10 UTC

On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 01:44:47 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A Trident missile has misfired and crashed into the ocean off the
> coast of Florida during a rare test launch by a British nuclear
> submarine in an embarrassing blow for the Royal Navy.

"British nuclear missile test fails, again," was the headline on the New York Times's report, which added this raised "questions about the state of Britain's nuclear deterrence capability".

I can understand the laughing at us but no one seems to be pointing out that the missile which failed was American made.

It's not as if Britain did anything wrong other than trusting America to deliver, agreeing to a $200 billion deal for shit which seemingly doesn't work.