From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Eurovision threat to Israel
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 17:33:09 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 17:33 UTC

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-788183

<quote>

Israel's entry to the Eurovision Song Contest "October Rain" - whose title clearly refers to the October 7 massacre - may be disqualified by the European Broadcasting Union due to political lyrics, Israeli media reported on Wednesday.

</quote>

Given there have been so many calls to ban Israel from the contest, such a blatant propaganda effort doesn't seem wise, hands the EBU the pretext they need to enact a ban.

And I would hope they'll seize it, to save the contest from the nightmare of what could happen if Israel does perform, even wins, the backlash to the Axis of Evil voting for Israel.

Claiming "They were all good children each one of them" in Hebrew is not political nor propagandist is laughable. Israel aren't fooling anyone and it will be shameful if the EBU falls for it, along with the less blatant references to Israel's war against Palestinians.