From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Moon landing live
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 22:12:52 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 22:12 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbiX-HwFTzw

--------------

Think of the poor Moon guy who is going to see a metallic object in the
sky moving at high speed...

Re: Moon landing live

<20240227191926.00004042@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15031&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#15031

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Moon landing live
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:19:26 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:19 UTC

On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 22:12:52 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbiX-HwFTzw

https://www.theregister.com/2024/02/27/odysseus_battery_life

<quotes>

Intuitive Machines' Odysseus lunar lander is facing another countdown.

The question now is exactly how much work the stricken lander can actually do on the Moon, considering it is on its side with its battery life fast depleting.

Odysseus came within 1.5 km of its intended Malapert A landing site, using a contingent laser range-finding system patched hours before landing.

While the landing has been called a success, surviving a few days on the lunar surface is quite some way from the original plan of seven days or more before the lunar night arrived and Odysseus ceased operations.

</quotes>

We get so used to things just working that it comes as a bit of a let-down when it doesn't.

Better news for Japan, whose own SLIM also face-planted the moon - That has unexpectedly woken up. That's on top of having met its mission objectives of landing where it was meant to and launching its rover.

You win one, you lose one.

Re: Moon landing live

<vZrDN.279156$7uxe.277378@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15042&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#15042

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:53:47 GMT
 by: TWP - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:53 UTC

On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:19:26 +0000, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 22:12:52 GMT TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbiX-HwFTzw
>
> https://www.theregister.com/2024/02/27/odysseus_battery_life
>
> <quotes>
>
> Intuitive Machines' Odysseus lunar lander is facing another countdown.
>
> The question now is exactly how much work the stricken lander can
> actually do on the Moon, considering it is on its side with its battery
> life fast depleting.
>
> Odysseus came within 1.5 km of its intended Malapert A landing site,
> using a contingent laser range-finding system patched hours before
> landing.
>
> While the landing has been called a success, surviving a few days on the
> lunar surface is quite some way from the original plan of seven days or
> more before the lunar night arrived and Odysseus ceased operations.
>
> </quotes>
>
> We get so used to things just working that it comes as a bit of a
> let-down when it doesn't.
>
> Better news for Japan, whose own SLIM also face-planted the moon - That
> has unexpectedly woken up. That's on top of having met its mission
> objectives of landing where it was meant to and launching its rover.
>
> You win one, you lose one.

Surveyor 3 didn't land on its head! :-) Fifty years ago.... wisdom of the
ancients! :-)

The two latest landers both needed sunlight on their solar panels. One
has been luckiner than the other with the position they landed in. Space
X took ages to get landings right.

Re: Moon landing live

<2lQDN.107095$wDMd.54992@fx07.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15052&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#15052

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 00:37:18 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 00:37 UTC

On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:53:47 +0000, TWP wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:19:26 +0000, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 22:12:52 GMT TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbiX-HwFTzw
>>
>> https://www.theregister.com/2024/02/27/odysseus_battery_life
>>
>> <quotes>
>>
>> Intuitive Machines' Odysseus lunar lander is facing another countdown.
>>
>> The question now is exactly how much work the stricken lander can
>> actually do on the Moon, considering it is on its side with its battery
>> life fast depleting.
>>
>> Odysseus came within 1.5 km of its intended Malapert A landing site,
>> using a contingent laser range-finding system patched hours before
>> landing.
>>
>> While the landing has been called a success, surviving a few days on
>> the lunar surface is quite some way from the original plan of seven
>> days or more before the lunar night arrived and Odysseus ceased
>> operations.
>>
>> </quotes>
>>
>> We get so used to things just working that it comes as a bit of a
>> let-down when it doesn't.
>>
>> Better news for Japan, whose own SLIM also face-planted the moon - That
>> has unexpectedly woken up. That's on top of having met its mission
>> objectives of landing where it was meant to and launching its rover.
>>
>> You win one, you lose one.
>
> Surveyor 3 didn't land on its head! :-) Fifty years ago.... wisdom of
> the ancients! :-)
>
> The two latest landers both needed sunlight on their solar panels. One
> has been luckiner than the other with the position they landed in.
> Space X took ages to get landings right.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-68425211
Intuitive Machines: Moon lander pictured on its side with snapped leg

-----

Mission control said "Sorry Billy, we're going to have to shoot it."