From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Putin and Russia are screwed
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 23:11:44 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 23:11 UTC

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/economy/article/2024/02/23/war-in-ukraine-sanctions-against-russia-have-limited-effect_6551263_19.html

<quote>

The Russian economy is showing remarkable resilience, despite Western sanctions.

In its latest economic outlook, published on January 30, the International Monetary Fund raised its growth forecast for Russia to 2.6% in 2024, more than double the 1.1% figure published in October 2023.

</quote>

Growth forecast to be 2.6%, growth Britain can only dream of.

Prigozhin is dead.

Navalny is dead.

Russia is gaining land in Ukraine.

In three weeks' time Putin will be re-elected president.

And, when Trump presents his surrender deal, the war is over; Ukraine loses, Russia wins, Putin will be hailed a hero at home.

Yet all we have been fed for two years straight is endless propaganda that Putin and Russia are fucked, lies that the Russian economy has collapsed, myths that Russians have turned against Putin, fantasies that Zelensky will not only win the war but drive Russia out of Ukraine, that we will destroy Russia and Putin, delusions that "victory is just around the corner".

It's going to be something of a shock when we have to wake up to reality.