From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Tory scum pushing old racist tropes
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:25:52 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:25 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68400775

<quotes>

Conservative MP - and former minister for London - Paul Scully said concerns that certain places such as Tower Hamlets in London and Sparkhill in Birmingham had become "no-go areas" needed "to be addressed".

Birmingham Labour MP Jess Phillips urged Mr Scully to apologise for his comments about Sparkhill, which she labelled "utter drivel".

Conservative West Midlands Mayor Andy Street said: "The idea that Birmingham has a 'no-go' zone is news to me, and I suspect the good people of Sparkhill.

It really is time for those in Westminster to stop the nonsense slurs and experience the real world."

</quotes>

Rather than addressing their Islamophobia it seems the tory party is determined to double down on demonstrating it.