From: Ar@127.0.0.1 (Ar)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Subject: It Ain't Half Hot Mum daily re-runs
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 19:13:16 +0100
 by: Ar - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 18:13 UTC

"That's TV" channel is re-running the racist / sexist / any other ism
you can think of "It Ain't Half Hot Mum" from the beginning, and claimed
uncensored. At least, they didn't cut anything from the first show last
night. It's on every night around 10pm.

I never thought anyone would show it again on TV. Quite happy to see it,
especially to see if memories of it when younger were justified today.

Re: It Ain't Half Hot Mum daily re-runs

<dA5Z$IA72ujkFwQF@ntlworld.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1475&group=uk.media.tv.misc#1475

From: mike.swift@yeton.co.uk (Mike Swift)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Subject: Re: It Ain't Half Hot Mum daily re-runs
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 12:42:51 +0100
 by: Mike Swift - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 11:42 UTC

In article <u6kt3s$1alm4$1@dont-email.me>, Ar <Ar@127.0.0.1> writes
>"That's TV" channel is re-running the racist / sexist / any other ism you can
>think of "It Ain't Half Hot Mum" from the beginning, and claimed
>uncensored. At least, they didn't cut anything from the first show last night.
>It's on every night around 10pm.
>
>I never thought anyone would show it again on TV. Quite happy to see it,
>especially to see if memories of it when younger were justified today.

We have just 2 episodes left to watch of 'allo 'allo, another great
series that wouldn't get made today.

You only have to watch the trailer for new show by the alleged
comedienne Catherine Tate to realise that good comedy died years ago.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

Re: It Ain't Half Hot Mum daily re-runs

<v9pu8i5j521jmrqtbcbjb8bevjcmigcgus@None>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1478&group=uk.media.tv.misc#1478

From: dont@bother.com (Arthur Conan Doyle)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 15:13:25 -0500
 by: Arthur Conan Doyle - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 20:13 UTC

Mike Swift <mike.swift@yeton.co.uk> wrote:

>You only have to watch the trailer for new show by the alleged
>comedienne Catherine Tate to realise that good comedy died years ago.

We couldn't finish the first episode of this before turning it off.

--
Usenet: The world's first (and best) social network.

Re: It Ain't Half Hot Mum daily re-runs

<Y4Hx87hsqSslFwuE@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1508&group=uk.media.tv.misc#1508

Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 15:20:12 +0000
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Wed, 24 Jan 2024 15:20 UTC

In message <dA5Z$IA72ujkFwQF@ntlworld.com> at Sun, 18 Jun 2023 12:42:51,
Mike Swift <mike.swift@yeton.co.uk> writes
>In article <u6kt3s$1alm4$1@dont-email.me>, Ar <Ar@127.0.0.1> writes
>>"That's TV" channel is re-running the racist / sexist / any other ism you can
>>think of "It Ain't Half Hot Mum" from the beginning, and claimed
>>uncensored. At least, they didn't cut anything from the first show last night.
>>It's on every night around 10pm.
>>
>>I never thought anyone would show it again on TV. Quite happy to see it,
>>especially to see if memories of it when younger were justified today.
>
>We have just 2 episodes left to watch of 'allo 'allo, another great
>series that wouldn't get made today.

I can remember actually being offended when it started - not by any of
the things that would offend people today (I just laugh at those, as I'm
sure was all that was originally intended), but because it started not
long after a deadly serious drama series on the same theme which I had
enjoyed! (About a café that was indeed involved in the spiriting of
downed airmen back to Britain. It was called something like Secret War
or Secret Army, and was very well made - but wasn't a comedy!)

Eventually, of course, I've come to love 'allo². The clip I've been
trying to find for ages is where Helga (standing in front of a fence
outdoors - can't remember other details) does a strip-tease to an
arrangement of "Deutschland, Deutschland ..." in the style of The
Stripper; I actually want the arrangement, which I thought was very
clever! But I've never been able to find it on YouTube.

>You only have to watch the trailer for new show by the alleged
>comedienne Catherine Tate to realise that good comedy died years ago.
>
>Mike

I think she's actually quite a competent actress, given suitable
material; her comedy isn't really to my taste either.

Veni Vidi Vacuum [I came, I saw, It sucked] - mik@saslimited.demon.co.uk, 1998